Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Practice Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Jesus...someone's been hitting the curls.

    Comment


    • #32
      he was listed at 6'4 220 last year

      i think he may be around 230; guy on our rivals site said hes still about 220

      looks like a linebacker

      cred 2 BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #33
        On a side note, Terrelle Pryor's supposedly up to 238.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
          On a side note, Terrelle Pryor's supposedly up to 238.
          So he's three pounds heavier than last year? Start the parade now, I guess.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            well this is who is starting right now according to the first spring depth chart:

            QB-Terrelle Pryor
            RB-Dan Herron
            FB-Jermil Martin
            WR-DeVier Posey
            WR-Dane Sanzenbacher
            TE-Jake Ballard
            LT-Mike Adams
            LG-Justin Boren
            C-Mike Brewster
            RG-Bryant Browning
            RT-Jim Cordle

            DE-Cameron Heyward (Lawrence Wilson still rehabbing)
            DT-Doug Worthington
            DT-Dexter Larimore
            DE-Thad Gibson
            WLB-Ross Homan
            MLB-Austin Spitler
            SLB-Tyler Moeller
            BC-Chimdi Chekwa
            FC-Andre Amos
            SS-Kurt Coleman
            FS-Anderson Russell

            Etienne Sabino might get the SAM job (or MIKE, but that's gonna be tough to beat out a guy like Spitler who has been here 4 years and got a lot of praise from the seniors and coaches as Laurinaitis' backup), Jermale Hines is pushing Russell at safety, Travis Howard might beat out Andre Amos at corner, and Nathan Williams is gonna try to have a breakout year at DE regardless of if he is a starter or just a rotational guy. O-Line should be much better with a more experienced and stronger Brewster, Boren at guard, a quicker Cordle at RT and the slower Browning at his natural guard spot.
            If he's healthy I would love to see JB Shugarts take over either the Rt or RG, and get Brownings sorry butt off the field. Man sucks

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
              pic of jarrett brown

              Wow. Sure hope he plays well for you.

              #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions


              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                On a side note, Terrelle Pryor's supposedly up to 238.

                cred 2 BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #38
                  still a long way to go, but Michigan's starting lineup looks like it will end up being something like this...

                  QB-Tate Forcier
                  RB-Brandon Minor
                  WR-Greg Matthews
                  WR-Junior Hemmingway
                  Slot-Montavious Odoms
                  TE-Kevin Koger

                  LT-Mark Ortmann
                  LG-Steve Schilling
                  C-David Molk
                  RG-David Mooseman
                  RT-Patrick Omaheh or Matt Huyge

                  DE-Brandon Graham
                  DT-Mike Martin
                  DE-Ryan Van Bergan
                  Spinner (LB/DE Combo)-Brandon Herron

                  LB-Obi Ezeh
                  LB-Jonas Mouton
                  Hybrid LB/S-Stevie Brown

                  CB-Donovan Warren
                  CB-Bobo Cissoko
                  FS-Mike Williams
                  SS-Vlad Emilien.

                  with Renaldo Sagesse stepping in at DT and JB Fitzgerald stepping in at LB when we do play a base 4-3.

                  This is just an early projection because the staff expects Justin Turner, Craig Roh, and Quinton Washington to compete for starting jobs plus Ricky Barnum and a few others expected to compete for starting spots are currently injured.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                    still a long way to go, but Michigan's starting lineup looks like it will end up being something like this...

                    QB-Tate Forcier
                    RB-Brandon Minor
                    WR-Greg Matthews
                    WR-Junior Hemmingway
                    Slot-Montavious Odoms
                    TE-Kevin Koger

                    LT-Mark Ortmann
                    LG-Steve Schilling
                    C-David Molk
                    RG-David Mooseman
                    RT-Patrick Omaheh or Matt Huyge

                    DE-Brandon Graham
                    DT-Mike Martin
                    DE-Ryan Van Bergan
                    Spinner (LB/DE Combo)-Brandon Herron

                    LB-Obi Ezeh
                    LB-Jonas Mouton
                    Hybrid LB/S-Stevie Brown

                    CB-Donovan Warren
                    CB-Bobo Cissoko
                    FS-Mike Williams
                    SS-Vlad Emilien.

                    with Renaldo Sagesse stepping in at DT and JB Fitzgerald stepping in at LB when we do play a base 4-3.

                    This is just an early projection because the staff expects Justin Turner, Craig Roh, and Quinton Washington to compete for starting jobs plus Ricky Barnum and a few others expected to compete for starting spots are currently injured.
                    I'd say this is fairly accurate as of now. I think Darryl Stonum is ahead of Hemingway, and Troy Woolfork could/should start instead of Mike Williams. Oh, and Omameh is not quite strong enough to play yet, so I'd start Mark Huyge (not "Matt").


                    Other stuff:
                    Carlos Brown is the fastest player on the team, according to the S&C guys. He has established himself as our #2 back, and I look for great things out of him.

                    Two of the clear-cut best players on our offense are TEs Kevin Koger and Martell Webb (Brandon Moore is no slouch too). I REALLY hope RR has a way of incorporating them HEAVILY into our offense.
                    Last edited by Michigan; 04-08-2009, 02:42 PM.
                    I'm a state.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Mike Adams has been struggling a bit with pass protection. He is still just a pup and missed most of last year recovering from shoulder surgery, so he has a lot to learn. Anyways this is what our starting O-Line looks like it's gonna be based on spring, but a lot can and will change as time goes by:

                      LT-Andy Miller
                      LG-Justin Boren
                      C-Mike Brewster
                      RG-Bryant Browning
                      RT-Jim Cordle

                      Miller reportedly has looked really good at left tackle too. Another one of those former tight ends playing tackle like Eric Winston, Jason Smith, Joe Staley, etc. did. From kwilk's high school too.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Mike Adams has been struggling a bit with pass protection. He is still just a pup and missed most of last year recovering from shoulder surgery, so he has a lot to learn. Anyways this is what our starting O-Line looks like it's gonna be based on spring, but a lot can and will change as time goes by:

                        LT-Andy Miller
                        LG-Justin Boren
                        C-Mike Brewster
                        RG-Bryant Browning
                        RT-Jim Cordle

                        Miller reportedly has looked really good at left tackle too. Another one of those former tight ends playing tackle like Eric Winston, Jason Smith, Joe Staley, etc. did. From kwilk's high school too.
                        Wasn't he a center last year?


                        Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                        Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

                        Amazing sig by jkpigskin

                        Originally posted by Paul
                        I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                        LOL props to Paul

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                          Wasn't he a center last year?
                          He was until Brewster took over his spot.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Cordle started at left tackle for like 2 games in 2006 when Alex Boone got hurt, and he started every game in 2007 at center. In 2008 he was the center for about 4 games then Brewster became the center so we moved Cordle to left guard and bumped Steve Rehring to RG, with Ben Person moving out of the starting lineup. Cordle can play all 5 spots, he's best off at center or guard, but he is quick enough to play tackle (and certainly quicker than Browning who started every game at RT last year).

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                              he was listed at 6'4 220 last year

                              i think he may be around 230; guy on our rivals site said hes still about 220

                              looks like a linebacker
                              Linebackers dont have chicken legs. Only Shawn Crable.

                              But I am a big Brown fan and I think he will do well this year. Not sure if his success will translate to on-field success for WVU though.

                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                A long time poster and fan on USC released his thoughts on spring so far.

                                Here's my top players so far:

                                1. WDE Everson Griffen: He missed the first day of practice, but he's been unstoppable since then. I read he had another sack yesterday. Everson has everything. He's stong and fast and when you add passion and a work ethic to match he is awesome.

                                2. S Will Harris: I call him the sandman. When he hits you you go to sleep. He's been working the first until with Taylor Mays. Will Harris will wow the NFL when he goes to the combine. He's a talker in the Ken Norton mold, but he backs up what he says. All he needed was to stay healthy and get some playing time. Will is a bigtime player.

                                3. WR Damian Wiliams: He's always open and is a complete player. Williams is a good bloker and catches everything. USC's QBs haven't always been able to get him the ball, but if it's near him he catches it. He's going to be an All American

                                4. WLB Malcom Smith: He is hustling and hitting and is a ball hawk and player. Just like his brother he is a great athlete with lots of speed, but he also has great instincts and knows how to play football.

                                5. S Josh Pinkard: He's doing better and better every practice and is a deadly tackler. Josh could play nickel back on third and longs and will definately be in goaline situations because he hits like a LB.

                                6. S Taylor Mays: He is probably the best player on the Trojan football team. He didn't get to play much in the scrimmage Sunday, but he is a great football player. He had a good interview on College Football Live yesterday.

                                7. SDE Armond Armstead: Carroll said yesterday that he' staying at DE. Like Griffen he has abundant physical tools and is dominating one on one drills. Carroll said, "he's big and physical and I like how he's doing his stuff.

                                8. SDE Michael Morgan: I love this guy. And so do the Trojan coaches. Bruce Schneider said yesterday, "He's got unbelievable speed and he works so hard." Michael is a marvel at chasing down ball carriers and rushing the QB. He has wide shoulders and the legs of a sprinter.

                                9. CB Kevin Thomas: He made a big pic on the goaline Sunday and has done everything well so far. Shareece Wright is still being held out of full contact drills. TJ Bryant has also had a good spring with tight coverage and some big hits.

                                10. RB Curtis McNeal: mainly because they are giving him the ball more than anyone else. RB Marc Tyler has ran well. Gable had one monster day, but has fumbled twice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information