Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbie Massey story

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/saban-...ole-miss-23089

He was asked to give a good Nick Saban recruiting story, and he had a pretty good one to say the least. Bobby said he called Coach Saban the night before signing day to let him know that he was going to sign with Ole Miss. Bobby did not even inform the Ole Miss staff that he was going to be a Rebel until the night before signing day, per Bobby, but he did say, “I had a pretty good idea where I was going in December.”

Anyway, Bobby calls Nick and Coach Saban stops him before he tells where he is going and said this, “Bobby, do not even tell me where you are going, because if you are not going to Alabama I am turning you into the NCAA. You know you have a chance to start at Alabama at right tackle as a sophomore, and nobody would turn that down unless they did something illegal.”

Bobby was stunned. He said he just listened to Coach Saban rant and never said another word about it. He was offended to say the least. That is why he made such a scene at the press conference when he threw the Alabama hat on the ground and put on an Ole Miss hat.

Alabama still won their 2nd straight recruiting championship without him. LOL

Nick Saban didn't care about winning a Championship because or not because of Massie.

He wanted Massie because, as he said, he could start at RT as a sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/saban-...ole-miss-23089

Alabama still won their 2nd straight recruiting championship without him. LOL
      What the hell is a "recruiting championship"

oh yeah it is a meaningless nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
        What the hell is a "recruiting championship"

oh yeah it is a meaningless nothing
        You know why I posted that...right?

Comment

and besides that nd won last years recruiting championship if you correct it for guys actually reaching campus. You can sign way to much guys like bama constantly does but that doesnt really have value and imo the ncaa should do something about that to be honoust.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
            and besides that nd won last years recruiting championship if you correct it for guys actually reaching campus. You can sign way to much guys like bama constantly does but that doesnt really have value and imo the ncaa should do something about that to be honest.
            Over signing and gray shirting, NCAA needs to fix the loopholes.

Comment

Is it just me, or did everyone completely miss the point of the thread?

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                I took it as a story that reaffirms how much of a scum bag Nick Saban is. Then again that could just be the Tennessee fan in me.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

I don't think this is true?

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                    I think they got it, but it's one of those obvious things that people overlook.

I don't think this is true?
                    not sure? lol
                    Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I missed the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        I missed the point.
                        saban is an ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                          saban is an ass.
                          well apparently coaches in the SEC are an ass to an extent, but it works. They are the third best conference in the country, AFC, NFC, SEC, and then AFL, CFL, what ever else.
                          Last edited by brat316; 03-30-2009, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Yea i mean Nick Saban, Lane Kiffen and Urban Meyer are certainly forming quite the triumvirate of douche.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                              Yea i mean Nick Saban, Lane Kiffen and Urban Meyer are certainly forming quite the triumvirate of douche.

I guess maybe he is like the step brother who is just not good enough to be in the UDC (ultimate douche club).

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information