No announcement yet.

Greg Paulus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll end up like Drew Henson, just sucking it up in the NCAA instead.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
      This is being overblown. If Michigan takes Paulus as a quarterback, it will just be to compete for third on the depth chart.
      On ESPN just a bit ago the analyst mentioned that there is no guranteed starter yet there, when talking about Greg...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by P-L
        This is being overblown. If Michigan takes Paulus as a quarterback, it will just be to compete for third on the depth chart.
        Originally posted by Sniper
        Well, his competition would be two freshmen who combine to weigh 1/100th of Charlie Weis and Nick SheriDEATH. Not exactly overwhelming.
        So which is it?

Either way....I doubt he's being told "Come on up to Michigan and compete for third on the depth chart!" What does he get out of that? Doesn't make any sense....especially after the Green Bay stuff. He can either:

1. go sit the bench in a run happy offense (I'm counting screen passes as runs) and try to go pro
        2. go to a smaller school and get some reps as a starter and try to go pro
        3. go pro and get paid to learn the ropes

Why the hell would he pick #1?
        Last edited by HindSight; 04-15-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Forcier is the guaranteed starter, unless he gets hurt. I promise you that. He is easily the most talented quarterback on the roster and had received nearly all the reps in practice. He already knows the entire playbook and is in the process of developing chemistry with our receivers. Absolute best case scenario for Paulus would be to beat out Sheridan for the backup job and get playing time if Forcier gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
            So which is it?

Either way....I doubt he's being told "Come on up to Michigan and compete for third on the depth chart!" What does he get out of that? Doesn't make any sense....especially after the Green Bay stuff. He can either:

1. go sit the bench in a run happy offense (I'm counting screen passes as runs) and try to go pro
            2. go to a smaller school and get some reps as a starter and try to go pro
            3. go pro and get paid to learn the ropes

Why the hell would he pick #1?

3. He would get paid practice squad money which is i believe 75,000. Now thats if he makes it pro, he hasn't done anything to improve his skills since HS.

Comment

Duke is apparently trying to keep him there to play WR on the football team.

Comment

I don't even think Paulus could make it playing basketball in Europe.

I mentioned in another thread that I have played against Paulus. Let me tell you, he's a MUCH better QB than he was PG. I really was baffled when he decided to play bball in college. He must have wanted to save his body from the beating he could have taken in college football perhaps. The idea of him playing college football for a year is intriguing and I really think he could start for a D1 program somewhere. I certainly would not put it past him.

I'll post my personal "scouting report" of him later, lol.

Comment

And IIRC, Paulus was the #1 ranked pro-style QB in the 2005 college football recruiting class. He was recruited by Miami, Notre Dame and USC.

Comment

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...p?pr_key=12332

real goofy looking bastard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      I don't even think Paulus could make it playing basketball in Europe.

I mentioned in another thread that I have played against Paulus. Let me tell you, he's a MUCH better QB than he was PG. I really was baffled when he decided to play bball in college. He must have wanted to save his body from the beating he could have taken in college football perhaps. The idea of him playing college football for a year is intriguing and I really think he could start for a D1 program somewhere. I certainly would not put it past him.

I'll post my personal "scouting report" of him later, lol.
                      I think I read somewhere that he wants to be a basketball coach some day. Where better to go for that than Duke?

Comment

I think I read somewhere that he wants to be a basketball coach some day. Where better to go for that than Duke?
                        Judging by its previous Krzyzewski's coaching tree's success? A lot of places.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          Judging by its previous Krzyzewski's coaching tree's success? A lot of places.
                          haha....good point.

Comment

North Carolina.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Here's my scouting report on Paulus, in true Scott Wright fashion.

Strengths: Natural QB...Very strong arm to make all the throws...Precision accuracy...Mobile in the pocket and can scramble effectively...Great pocket poise...Very smart...Fiery Leader...Mature...Athletic...Extremely productive...Ultra competitive

Weaknesses: Short for a QB...Thin, needs to put on 15-30 lbs of weight/muscle...Tends to trust his arm too much and force balls into small windows to almost "challenge" the DB...Questionable decision making at times...Played against inferior high school competition...Hasn't played football competitively in 4 years...Might not be committed to football, doesn't love the sport as much as he loves basketball

Notes: Rated #1 QB for the 2005 college football recruiting class by recruiting legend Tom Lemming

NFL Comparison: Drew Brees

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                                Here's my scouting report on Paulus, in true Scott Wright fashion.

Strengths: Natural QB...Very strong arm to make all the throws...Precision accuracy...Mobile in the pocket and can scramble effectively...Great pocket poise...Very smart...Fiery Leader...Mature...Athletic...Extremely productive...Ultra competitive

Weaknesses: Short for a QB...Thin, needs to put on 15-30 lbs of weight/muscle...Tends to trust his arm too much and force balls into small windows to almost "challenge" the DB...Questionable decision making at times...Played against inferior high school competition...Hasn't played football competitively in 4 years...Might not be committed to football, doesn't love the sport as much as he loves basketball

Notes: Rated #1 QB for the 2005 college football recruiting class by recruiting legend Tom Lemming

NFL Comparison: Drew Brees
                                You can't really make a scouting report for Paulus, he has never even practiced let alone played at the college level. Perhaps he could've been a Drew Brees type player had he chosen football as his sport but he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information