Greg Paulus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
    You can't really make a scouting report for Paulus, he has never even practiced let alone played at the college level. Perhaps he could've been a Drew Brees type player had he chosen football as his sport but he didn't.
    This scouting report is based on his high school play obviously. As for the comparison, he is obviously nowhere near the player Brees is, its just the type of player he is.

Comment

Every short white QB being Drew Brees is just hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
        Every short white QB being Drew Brees is just hilarious.
        Except if you have ever watched Paulus, you would know that being short and white have nothing to do with the comparison. Paulus' strong arm, very good accuracy (high completion %), pocket presence, competitive fiery attitude, etc. is where the comparison is. In addition, I think Brees tends to force throws like Paulus does as well. Both are mobile but would rather throw than run. Pretty much everything that Paulus does well and not well screams Drew Brees. You could say Jeff Garcia comparison would work as well but Paulus really does have a better arm than Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Here's my scouting report on Paulus, in true Scott Wright fashion.

Strengths: Natural QB...Very strong arm to make all the throws...Precision accuracy...Mobile in the pocket and can scramble effectively...Great pocket poise...Very smart...Fiery Leader...Mature...Athletic...Extremely productive...Ultra competitive

Weaknesses: Short for a QB...Thin, needs to put on 15-30 lbs of weight/muscle...Tends to trust his arm too much and force balls into small windows to almost "challenge" the DB...Questionable decision making at times...Played against inferior high school competition...Hasn't played football competitively in 4 years...Might not be committed to football, doesn't love the sport as much as he loves basketball

Notes: Rated #1 QB for the 2005 college football recruiting class by recruiting legend Tom Lemming

NFL Comparison: Drew Brees
          I could be wrong, but being considered the #1 QB by Tom Lemming should actually be listed as a weakness.

Comment

was he a good pg for duke? i mean, why not go to the nba?

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
              He is not a NBA point guard. He was just an average college point guard. He is a smart kid and a good leader though.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
                he got benched as a senior. he's also a putz with a big nose.

Comment

He is officially joining the Michigan football team for one year and will compete for the starting QB spot. Can't wait for Chim to pick him off :D

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                    He is officially joining the Michigan football team for one year and will compete for the starting QB spot. Can't wait for Chim to pick him off :D
                    He is NOT going to compete for the starting spot. I hate ESPN for blowing this out of proportion. I'd say there is a 75% chance he doesn't take a single snap this season and a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance he never starts a game. Tate Forcier is the starter, everyone else is competing for #2.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      He is NOT going to compete for the starting spot. I hate ESPN for blowing this out of proportion. I'd say there is a 75% chance he doesn't take a single snap this season and a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance he never starts a game. Tate Forcier is the starter, everyone else is competing for #2.
                      Then why is he even interested? Is Rodriguez just lying to him and telling him he will compete?

And what happens when (not if...when) Forcier gets injurred? You still don't think he'd start?

What does Rodriguez's courting of Paulus say about Forcier......what does it say to Forcier?

ESPN might be blowing the possible addition of Paulus out of proportion......but the way your coach has handled this isn't being talked about enough. This guy just can't handle personnel at all.

Comment

And now HindSight looks like a 'tard since UM dropped Paulus.

If Rodriguez doesn't know how to handle personnel, do tell how he managed to be successful at his previous coaching stop.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                          I could be wrong, but being considered the #1 QB by Tom Lemming should actually be listed as a weakness.
                          No, you'd be absolutely correct.

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                            Has Chekwa recovered from his third-degree burns that Texas put on him?

Comment

Paulus is going to dethrone that worthless, immature whiner Forcier.

I think this move could solidify Rich Rodriguez as the legendary mad genius.

All I see lacking from Paulus is weight, and he should be able to put on 20 lbs with relative ease. If anything, that will only improve his already + arm strength.

This kid, the second he steps on campus, will have the best feet of any qb in the country. Do you realize how quick you have to be to compete at PG in the ACC for four years against the likes of Sean Singletary, Tywan Lawson, Raymond Felton, Javaris Crittenton, Jarrett Jack, Guillermo Diaz, DJ Strawberry etc?

At first I questioned this move, now I love it. I would wager barring an injury to Paulus, Forcier transfers by the time Robinson gets on campus.

Comment

its already not going trough
                                link

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information