Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wicket View Post
    i read somewhere that purdue is his leader, would make sense
    I thought he wanted to stay close to home because his dad has cancer?

Oh.....right.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Now Marve may walk on at UT.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

LMAO, walk on implies that he pays his own way...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Between all the commitment departures, his dad talking about not taking orders, the Al Davis diatribe, and flirting with Marve, it is safe to say that the Lane Kiffen era at UT has gotten off to a freaking weird start.

Comment

It looks like it is down to 2 schools.
            Walking on at Tennessee or going to Purdue on a scholarship.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Between all the commitment departures, his dad talking about not taking orders, the Al Davis diatribe, and flirting with Marve, it is safe to say that the Lane Kiffen era at UT has gotten off to a freaking weird start.
              What do you mean by commitment departures? The guys who committed to the Vols for their 2009 recruiting class under Fulmer that left when Kiffin was hired? Or the former scholarship players that were already on the roster when he got here? I don't find either of those situations to be weird at all to be honest. Or the Al Davis thing considering Al Davis is the source.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think he's just saying that Kiffin and the Vols have been in the news A LOT. Not a lot of it is "positive" either.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Marve will decide on Friday.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                  2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                  2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                    Marve will decide on Friday.
                    It has to be Purdue.

The NCAA will be all over that in stink on **** if he picks Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      It has to be Purdue.

The NCAA will be all over that in stink on **** if he picks Tennessee.
                      I don't know about that. I've heard he may not even have a D1 offer left. Every campus he has went to he has completely turned off coaches.

At Nebraska for example, the guy came to our Spring Game and did not show any attention to the actual game. He spent the majority of the game talking to some sorority girls and trying to get numbers. After the game he was only focused on trying to find a party. We were not willing to go thru Sam Keller Part II.

After that, Nebraska withdrew the offer and have not spoken to him since that weekend.

Comment

This guy is bound for Arkansas....................

Tech

Comment

Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                          I don't know about that. I've heard he may not even have a D1 offer left. Every campus he has went to he has completely turned off coaches.

At Nebraska for example, the guy came to our Spring Game and did not show any attention to the actual game. He spent the majority of the game talking to some sorority girls and trying to get numbers. After the game he was only focused on trying to find a party. We were not willing to go thru Sam Keller Part II.

After that, Nebraska withdrew the offer and have not spoken to him since that weekend.
                          Sounds about right.

This guy sounded like the perfect quarterback before he got to Miami. Listen to some of these quotes.

The Hurricane quarterback signee is working out and studying the UM playbook anywhere from five to seven hours a day.

He's even forcing his high school coach, Robert Weiner, to quiz him on different plays.

One recent evening Marve waited patiently as Weiner finished up his team's high school spring practice session. At 8:30 p.m. Weiner arrived in his office.

The two sat down and went over Hurricane plays together for more than an hour.

"I'm definitely learning, am trying to get a head's up on it," Marve said. "Miami's playbook is a college version of my playbook. Our playbook is a lot greater than a regular high school playbook -- we do a lot of audibles, so I'm used to that. But I have to get used to more audibles, more protections, and translating the language from what I know to what I need to know for Miami."

Weiner says, "I quiz him, and Robert's been able to go through and understands every formation."

The ultimate goal is for Marve to know the playbook so well by the time he arrives at Miami that he will make a seamless transition.
                          And then..

"The first time (coach Joe) Pannunzio met him we were in the middle of a film session in the spring," Marve's coach, Robert Weiner, said. "And I went out to say hi to coach Pannunzio. When I left the room I handed clicker to Robert with our team there, and he proceeded to explain that play in extreme detail to all the skill position players involved in that play. Coach Pannunzio overheard and said that was a better explanation than any coach could have given."

It speaks to what Weiner has known for years: Marve is a workaholic.

Weiner says Cane coaches should expect a shadow on campus.

"I told coaches `Be ready because he's going to be sitting in your office 90 percent of every day and will make you write up plays and explain them to him,'" Weiner said.

Weiner recounts the time Marve took 24 pages of plays with him on a plane flight.

"He wrote information on every route on each play that would take 15 minutes to explain each one," Weiner said. "One thing we love talking about is the evolution of one single play."

Weiner says Marve is "the hardest working human being I've ever met."

Then he repeats, slowly: "Not hardest working PLAYER, hardest working HUMAN."
                          And my favorite...

"A lot of these other quarterbacks we see coming out of high school, they're not mechanically sound, need two years of fundamental work," Weiner said. "Robert has incredible footwork and ball mechanics with his hand. That's why the ball comes out of his hand so quickly."

Weiner expects to see Marve in the NFL someday.

And he compares the quarterback to a couple of current NFL signal callers.

"His intelligence and knowledge of our offense is like Peyton Manning," Weiner said. "And the escapability and the confidence in his ability to make plays is like Brett Favre."
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

He picked Purdue.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                              He picked Purdue.
                              Thank God.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

I still believe in his NFL potential. Same with poor Jarrett Lee. Both benched for dual threat with less pro potential IMO, but players who might be better college players and who can definitely be better quicker (their replacements).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information