Robert Marve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
    I've seen players ruled academically ineligible for the postseason in b-ball, off the top of my head I can't think of one in football, but it's unlikely Marve is the only one.

Marve was the starter all season? Didn't know that, I thought Harris had been given the starting gig at some point last season and Marve was the backup.

You almost sound as if you still want him on the team, but if he's looking for a chance to start, his best bet IMO is to leave.

And I stand by my belief that even though a university may be within its rights to block a student-athlete's opportunity to transfer to certain schools, I still have a problem with it.
    Marve left this team in thge lurch with his attitude and transfer. He absolutely could be part of this team, albeit as a backup.

And Yes, Marve starer every game last season save for the 2 he was suspended for.

I completely agree with the universities right to block transfers. They need a way to protect themselves. If the kids is classy and handles himself the right way then our coaches have zero problem. We allowed Jermaine McKenzie to transfer with zero problem. We allowed Shawnbery McNeal to transfer and even petitioned the NCAA to let him play right away. We've let several players go without issue.

The problem is that you cannot let kids like Marve, make illegal contact with other schools in the middle of your season and get away with it. Especially a starting QB. The means that next year when you have a kid with problem hell take it a step further and that will always cause distractions in the locker room. No coach wants a big players constantly telling his teammates about the other teams and coaches he's been dealing under the table with. And that doesn't even begin to address the recruiting aspect where Marve bashed us to recruits while still on the team and recruited for other schools while still playing for us. Coaches just cannot let that happen without consequence, it will cause numerous problems with various schools (not just Miami) if kids like that go unchecked and the only recourse coaches have in that situation is to block transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
      How many D1 QBs do you know that are immature to the point they get ruled academically ineligible for the bowl game? Marve is the only one that comes to mind.
      Reggie Ball in his Senior year. Taylor Bennett played light's out as his replacement but they lost to WVU.

But there are plenty of mature people who get bad grades. Marve just isn't one of them.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think he's a good fit for Purdue at least. Not saying he will live up to his potential and have as much success as some of the notable Purdue QB's, but the potential is there.

Comment

ETK, what " high horse" am I on?? What makes me a "smurf"?

Inquiring minds would like to know, not to hijack this thread or anything.
          Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 05-23-2009, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
            ETK, what " high horse" am I on?? What makes me a "smurf"?

Inquiring minds would like to know, not to hijack this thread or anything.
            Your inquiring mind just did hijack this thread. A know-it-all like yourself should know how to PM (personal message in simpler terms) another poster.

High Horse: Exhibit A - "Best, most concise counter argument so far without the high idiocy/mental defective quotient."

Exhibit B - Calling someone a "dumb****".

Smurf: You joined in Feb. 2009. That's no more than 4 months of activity on this site.

This is the last time I respond to you outside of personal messaging.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information