Top 10 Football Factories All Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
    Any NFL factory list w/o Miami # 1 is a joke. USC is becoming bust central. During the Pete Carroll era, USC has produced only 3 good pros.
    I hope Mike Patterson falls under that list of three good pros. He's awesome.

Comment

I was thinking Polamalu, Palmer, and Tatupu. Though I did not hear his name during 2008 season.

Comment

I was thinking Polamalu, Palmer, and Tatupu. Though I did not hear his name during 2008 season.
        Patterson=sex panther.

Comment

Miami is number 1.

Carson and Troy weren't recruited by Pete, but he did help bring the best of of them.

Comment

Depends what you mean by good pros.

Here are guys who start or play extended roles for NFL teams as of last season.

Bush
            Cassell
            Ellis
            Kalil
            Lutui
            Patterson
            Rachal
            Rivers
            Smith
            White
            Baker
            Cody

That is not counting the rookies this year obviously although you have to assume a few of those guys will start.

In short I don't think it is fair to call USC bust central. It is more a case of them sending alot of guys and an appropriate percentage busting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagagad View Post
              Depends what you mean by good pros.

Here are guys who start or play extended roles for NFL teams as of last season.

Bush
              Cassell
              Ellis
              Kalil
              Lutui
              Patterson
              Rachal
              Rivers
              Smith
              White
              Baker
              Cody

That is not counting the rookies this year obviously although you have to assume a few of those guys will start.

In short I don't think it is fair to call USC bust central. It is more a case of them sending alot of guys and an appropriate percentage busting.

That's really not very many when you consider the number of guys they've had drafted and the number of first rounders they've had.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

All-time I think Ohio State and Michigan have more pros than Notre Dame but I could be wrong. I know USC and Miami are definitely up there. In recent history (last 10-15 years or so) the top pro factories are most definitely Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, and Florida State "if memory serves me correct."

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                  That's really not very many when you consider the number of guys they've had drafted and the number of first rounders they've had.
                  a factory produces a lot

usc produces a lot of good players regardless of how many bad players too

a list of "highest percent of good players out of schools drafted players" might look different

that would make some div II school that has had one good player drafted look better than usc though

Comment

Texas > Syracuse.

Big time

Go Celtics
                    Go Irish
                    Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
                      a factory produces a lot

usc produces a lot of good players regardless of how many bad players too

a list of "highest percent of good players out of schools drafted players" might look different

that would make some div II school that has had one good player drafted look better than usc though
                      Do they though? They've had 56 players drafted since '99 (not including this year), and only have 29 players that are still active in the NFL. Only 3 Pro Bowlers and 2 All Pros. According to the list Dagagad put up, they only have 12 players currently starting or playing extended roles. I'm sorry, that's really not a lot of good players.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                        Do they though? They've had 56 players drafted since '99 (not including this year), and only have 29 players that are still active in the NFL. Only 3 Pro Bowlers and 2 All Pros. According to the list Dagagad put up, they only have 12 players currently starting or playing extended roles. I'm sorry, that's really not a lot of good players.
                        They are players that are good enough to get drafted into the NFL. That is the sole requirement of the term football factory.

Comment

They've probably already made Marvin Harrison's bust for the Hall, but McNabb isn't going to make it at the rate he's going. And between McNabb and Freeney, I would say Freeney is more deserving of the Hall at this point.

Comment

How the hell can someone make a top 10 list and not include Georgia?

No School has produced better NFL talent than Georgia the last 10 years.

From 99-08 (before this last draft) - 56 players had been selected from Georgia.

10 players in the first round.

44 players were on rosters at the end of last year.

Among these players are names like Champ Bailey, Hines Ward, Richard Seymore, Marcus Stroud, Charles Grant and Will Witherspoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagagad View Post
                              They are players that are good enough to get drafted into the NFL. That is the sole requirement of the term football factory.
                              I never said USC wasn't a football factory. But their record of having successful players or players that stick in the league and become productive pros isn't great over the last 10 years, thus I wouldn't put them at #1, or even 2 or 3 most likely if we're talking recent history. I'd still have them in the top 10 though, as I said in an earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post
                                How the hell can someone make a top 10 list and not include Georgia?

No School has produced better NFL talent than Georgia the last 10 years.

From 99-08 (before this last draft) - 56 players had been selected from Georgia.

10 players in the first round.

44 players were on rosters at the end of last year.

Among these players are names like Champ Bailey, Hines Ward, Richard Seymore, Marcus Stroud, Charles Grant and Will Witherspoon.
                                Um, Miami?

I would include them in a recent top 10 certainly. However, according to football reference.com, Georgia had 30 active players at the end of last year, not 44. In the 10 year time frame, they've had 4 Pro Bowlers (Champ Bailey, Kendrell Bell, Marcus Stroud, Richard Seymour), and 2 All Pros (Bailey and Seymour). That doesn't come close to a team like Miami, and I'd hesitate to put them above Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State or Tennessee. While Georgia has produced alot of talent, I don't they'd be top 5 on my list of recent football factories at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information