No announcement yet.

3-4 teams getting more recruiting pull?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-4 teams getting more recruiting pull?

with all these nfl teams switching to a 3-4, more of the league will have it in a couple year

does this give the few college teams that play the 3-4 an advantage in recruiting? since they can "prepare" you for the nfl better. just like having a pro offense or a rich history of nfl alumni, running a 3-4 can be just as prevalent pitching to a hs recruit,

No. Most kids are thinking about the NFL when they go to play college ball.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Aren't? Or otherwise I don't see your point.

As per the topic, I would say not especially. Players don't know what their frames will end up being like and the 3-4 is a bit discriminatory in terms of what personnel can succeed. It makes more sense to go to a 4-3 team because the chances of fitting are more likely. If you already have the frame/weight though, and project well as either a nose or end, then maybe, but there won't be too many of those kids.
      Last edited by Race for the Heisman; 04-25-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

i think if tyson jackson wasn't the only true 3-4 end in this draft, he'd be a 3rd rounder

Comment

if you mean aren't

i agree most aren't because most aren't good recruits. but if you're 4 or 5 stars, college is just a stop gap to get ready for the nfl.

Comment

everybody wants to play as one of the steelers money positions at OLB, so i can see why elite athletes would be lured to 3-4 specializing colleges. i don't think the recruits have really been doing that, but it will probably happen.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              everybody wants to play as one of the steelers money positions at OLB, so i can see why elite athletes would be lured to 3-4 specializing colleges. i don't think the recruits have really been doing that, but it will probably happen.
              yeah i don't think they've done it in the past either, just more will do it in the future because of the nfl teams switching recently

Comment

Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                Aren't?
                Originally posted by superman View Post
                if you mean aren't
                I meant arent; sorry, I'm an idiot.

Comment

uva has had a 3-4 for awhile... They always recruit pretty well and silently are becoming an nfl talent machine.

Comment

I meant arent; sorry, I'm an idiot.
                    Except most that do go ARE in fact thinking of the NFL, and I would hope they would be(if i'm the college team that is).

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                      Except most that do go ARE in fact thinking of the NFL, and I would hope they would be(if i'm the college team that is).
                      You think that 3-star guy is going to their school like, "yeah just have to bust out three years here and then time to make that money!"? I'd be shocked.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information