No announcement yet.

What Teams Run What Defenses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama runs a defensive coverage scheme so camouflaged & distracting that not even the defensive assts. know wtf they're running...... J/K, but with Nick Saban it's all about disguising coverages, similar to the defense he ran at LSU. It's a modified 3-4 that will rotate DLs in & always free at least one LB &/or a safety or CB to use their footspeed advantage to go after the QB on passing situations.

No more roverbacks as such, like when Joe Kines was the Tide DC, roverbacks were very trendy for awhile in the SEC & elsewhere 5-8 yrs ago, Brian Urlacher btw played the New Mexico version of it in college called the "Loboback."

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      Ohio State runs a Cover 0. :(
      Technically that's man coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        Ohio State runs a Cover 0. :(
        Since when? Or are you joking? The reason I ask is because Ohio State mainly runs Cover 2 and Cover 3 zone defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Since when? Or are you joking? The reason I ask is because Ohio State mainly runs Cover 2 and Cover 3 zone defenses.
          Yeah, it was a joke that had to do with this:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090306220752912
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

finished list

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...defenses-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              I can tell you right now, that's a huge reason why they lost the NC game to Florida a couple years ago. Chris Leak was seriously one of the worst quarterbacks under pressure I have ever seen in my life, and tOSU just rushed four on every play and let him pick them apart underneath. They were getting no pressure at all, and their linebackers weren't doing anything in coverage underneath.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information