Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Santa Clausen bring a BCS bowl win to Notre Dame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Santa Clausen bring a BCS bowl win to Notre Dame?

Not necessarily this year, just before he graduates/leaves for the draft. What are your thoughts?

Yes. (10 char)

Comment

No, he won't. Notre Dame doesn't win bowls. ND still doesn't have the defense to be a BCS-worthy team.

Comment

Not a chance in hell.
        I'm a state.

Comment

They will make a BCS bowl this year, because with their schedule, if they don't, they should just discontinue the football program.

But they won't win it anyways, so whatever.

Comment

Santa Clausen?

Comment

He already brought you Manti.. Talk about asking for an inch and be expecting a foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                No, he won't. Notre Dame doesn't win bowls. ND still doesn't have the defense to be a BCS-worthy team.
                Our defense is fine, our defense was fine last year. The problem was our OLine and the lack of depth in our defense.

To answer the question
                I dont know, I expect ND to play a BCS bowl this year and/or next but it depends on who we would play. If we would play our bowl game against the Big10 or Big East champion we would have a decent shot. If we would play against the Pac10 #2 or the Big10 #2 (dont see BE #2 making a bowl game) we could have an even bigger shot.
                So ND could/should make a bcs bowl game this year or next but wheter we would actually win is partially depending on who we would play.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

BCS-worthy to me means top 20 or better. Your defense was ranked in the mid-40s. Not terrible, not BCS-worthy either.

Comment

I'm assuming you meant BCS bowls, considering they won the Hawaii Bowl last year?

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      I'm assuming you meant BCS bowls, considering they won the Hawaii Bowl last year?
                      lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                        Heh, good call. Forgot all about it.

Comment

They might get in one, but win one? I doubt it.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

BCS-worthy to me means top 20 or better. Your defense was ranked in the mid-40s. Not terrible, not BCS-worthy either.
                            late 30s on most things but Texas and Oklahoma got in with way worse ranked defenses.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              late 30s on most things but Texas and Oklahoma got in with way worse ranked defenses.
                              Texas and Oklahoma also played the best offenses in the land and both had outstanding offenses.

ND- 42nd in scoring D, 45th in rushing D, 43rd in pass D, 39th in total D. Like I said, mid 40s in most.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information