Or Oklahomo.
    Maybe. Big maybe.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Decade is still ongoing

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      Well... doesn't the decade end this season, since it's 09-10?

If it does, then I'm reserving my vote, because Florida is the most likely National Champion of this group, and if you win 3 NC's in one decade, I don't care what the rest of the stats say, you're the best team of the decade.
      In terms of recruiting -- that's what college ball is all about -- it's USC. I agree with the Gator homer here, the decade is not over yet. Florida's team speed 3 yrs ago blew Ohio St. away in that championship game, & last yr. they beat 2 excellent teams who were ranked #1 themselves, Alabama & Oklahoma, for the title, but the crucial factor determining the 2010 champion is Meyer retaining Tebow & all starting 11 members of his defense including Spikes. That's more important than the #1 & #2-ranked recruiting classes posted in the same SEC, from Alabama & LSU respectively, b/c experienced seniors are simply better than incoming freshmen.

Florida plays LSU & Mississippi who upset them in the Swamp last season, those are the Gator games to circle on your calendar this Fall. Some of the pundits are so fawning fatuous over this Florida team they think they not only will be #1 ranked all yr. but will run the table & finish 13-0 beating Texas in the national title game, but I don't think so. They have about 4-5 cupcake game Ws on their schedule but the SEC has too much talent & damn good coaches embedded in it, an SEC schedule is negotiating a minefield for even the best teams.

I think it's going to be Texas beating an SEC team for the title, Texas got a lot of returning senior talent too, it might be Florida, who knows. My take on the other contenders who will be in the mix:
      • LSU -- Too young, lost too much defensive talent to graduation.
      • Alabama -- Also too young, new QB.
      • Oklahoma -- Can match Florida's team speed & defense but won't win Big 12.
      • Texas -- With McCoy back this is the team to watch.
      • USC -- Pac 10 dominance to be challenged by a team from state of Oregon handing them the telltale 1 loss like last yr.
      Last edited by LizardState; 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Yes we are young. But we have the talent to re-load. We lossed one 4 guys out of the starting front 7 and 1 guy out of the 4 DBs who can easily be replaced by Chad Jones, who I compare to a young Laron Landry with extra free lance. That's the thing about LSU, especially on the D-Line, re-loading ain't a thang but a chicken wang to us.

Jefferson's mobility offers us another demention on offense that I was hoping to see with Peri-joke but you know how that went. Our running game might be second to non in the conference and we got a strong batch of WRs that are ready to put in work ala Dwayne Bowe, Buter Davis, Early Doucet. Ciron Black returning gives us time to groom a back up but our Offensive front won't be hurt with the loss of big Herman. Barksdale and Co. are ready and willing to do work with Black.

I'm getting all excited. and plus I won the picture war! BAM!

Comment

Tim Tebow is the team of the decade, bitches.

And guys, stop talking about the national title like any of your teams have a shot. You know who's winning this ****? That's right...

Comment

?

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post

?
              Got refuted like a month ago. Keep up with the times, sonny. ;)

Comment

hahahaha 2 votes for OU, both are OU homers. I wish there were more of us :'(

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  Yes we are young. But we have the talent to re-load. We lossed one 4 guys out of the starting front 7 and 1 guy out of the 4 DBs who can easily be replaced by Chad Jones, who I compare to a young Laron Landry with extra free lance. That's the thing about LSU, especially on the D-Line, re-loading ain't a thang but a chicken wang to us.

Jefferson's mobility offers us another demention on offense that I was hoping to see with Peri-joke but you know how that went. Our running game might be second to non in the conference and we got a strong batch of WRs that are ready to put in work ala Dwayne Bowe, Buter Davis, Early Doucet. Ciron Black returning gives us time to groom a back up but our Offensive front won't be hurt with the loss of big Herman. Barksdale and Co. are ready and willing to do work with Black.

I'm getting all excited. and plus I won the picture war! BAM!
                  Until I beat you in the text war ;)

LSU/UF will be a hell of a lot better this year than it was last year. Not to mention that you guys got a bad break at the get go and didn't really recover. Not to mention Jarrett Lee ******* sucks. Anyway, the fact that it's in Death Valley gives you guys some help, but I think Jefferson is still to inexperienced (though with time, he'll be good)...

By the way, an SEC team can afford a loss to a good opponent and still make the Championship. See: Florida's runs - just has to be an early loss that the pollsters can forget about with a really strong finish.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                    Until I beat you in the text war ;)

LSU/UF will be a hell of a lot better this year than it was last year. Not to mention that you guys got a bad break at the get go and didn't really recover. Not to mention Jarrett Lee ******* sucks. Anyway, the fact that it's in Death Valley gives you guys some help, but I think Jefferson is still to inexperienced (though with time, he'll be good)...

By the way, an SEC team can afford a loss to a good opponent and still make the Championship. See: Florida's runs - just has to be an early loss that the pollsters can forget about with a really strong finish.
                    Didn't they lose to Ole Miss last season? They were good last season. But I don't think anyone has ever suffered TWO losses and ended up in the National Championship like LSU.

Comment

I've already stated my opinion. I think it's going to be Texas vs Florida this year in the NC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

I don't respect Oklahoma as a program because they always choke in January. Bowl performance is a huge barometer for success in the NCAA.

I think Texas deserves to be in the discussion.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Quick question. what defense does USC run? 4/3 or 3/4

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            NCs before 1970 shouldnt even count. Lets name the National Champ before the bowl game. Right

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information