Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer workouts thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Summer workouts thread

    Talk about how your team and players are doing in summer workouts so far and how they progress throughout the summer.

    Here's a little rundown of FSU so far:

    -EJ Manuel is 100%. He's up to 226 lbs. He says his arm feels stronger than it ever has.

    -The coaches are holding Nigel Bradham back in the weightroom. If they let him loose, he could reach 260 lbs. He is currently 238. He was pushing the five man sled all by himself with the strength and conditioning coach standing on it.

    -Nick Moody is near 100% after shoulder surgery. He's up to 228.

    -Jujaun Harley is the first freshman to arrive for the summer. Don't know how he got on campus so quick.

    -Budd Thacker is being limited in the weight room but is doing everything in outdoor workouts. Vince Williams is being held out due to a back injury. Tavares Pressley has a full medical release and is doing everything. Taiwan Easterling is jogging and is ahead of schedule according to Todd Stroud. Ryan McMahon is still limited after a recent foot surgery.
    Last edited by BigJohn98; 06-06-2009, 08:39 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Talk about how your team and players are doing in summer workouts so far and how they progress throughout the summer.

    Here's a little rundown of FSU so far:

    -EJ Manuel is 100%. He's up to 226 lbs. He says his arm feels stronger than it ever has.

    -The coaches are holding Nigel Bradham back in the weightroom. If they let him loose, he could reach 260 lbs. He is currently 238. He was pushing the five man sled all by himself with the strength and conditioning coach standing on it.

    -Nick Moody is near 100% after shoulder surgery. He's up to 228.

    -Jujaun Harley is the first freshman to arrive for the summer. Don't know how he got on campus so quick.

    -Budd Thacker is being limited in the weight room but is doing everything in outdoor workouts. Vince Williams is being held out due to a back injury. Tavares Pressley has a full medical release and is doing everything. Taiwan Easterling is jogging and is ahead of schedule according to Todd Stroud. Ryan McMahon is still limited after a recent foot surgery.
    Bradham is such a monster, I want to see him do big things this year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
      Talk about how your team and players are doing in summer workouts so far and how they progress throughout the summer.

      Here's a little rundown of FSU so far:

      -EJ Manuel is 100%. He's up to 226 lbs. He says his arm feels stronger than it ever has.

      -The coaches are holding Nigel Bradham back in the weightroom. If they let him loose, he could reach 260 lbs. He is currently 238. He was pushing the five man sled all by himself with the strength and conditioning coach standing on it.

      -Nick Moody is near 100% after shoulder surgery. He's up to 228.

      -Jujaun Harley is the first freshman to arrive for the summer. Don't know how he got on campus so quick.

      -Budd Thacker is being limited in the weight room but is doing everything in outdoor workouts. Vince Williams is being held out due to a back injury. Tavares Pressley has a full medical release and is doing everything. Taiwan Easterling is jogging and is ahead of schedule according to Todd Stroud. Ryan McMahon is still limited after a recent foot surgery.
      I really wanted EJ and Moody. Those two players will be big time players IMO. Oh, and Bradham, <333333333333333333.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nigel Bradham is the definition of BADASS.





        Nigel updates his facebook status, pregame, via his blackberry, changing it to Status: "BEAST MODE!!". This is quite awesome

        Comment


        • #5
          Tommy Moffit, the best strength and conditioning coach in CFB has gotten Russell Shepard up to 205.

          We all know what he can do with a guy who's willing to work.

          Before


          After

          Comment


          • #6
            Laron landry is freakin huge! Looks funny with his chest looking so small next to his enormous arms!
            http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/s.../368jordan.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
              Tommy Moffit, the best strength and conditioning coach in CFB has gotten Russell Shepard up to 205.

              We all know what he can do with a guy who's willing to work.

              Before


              After
              Stop acting like the coach has anything to do with that.

              All needles right there folks, lol.

              Comment


              • #8
                FSU ran their 40s today. Here are the times unofficially:

                40 Times
                Andrew Datko 4.96
                Budd Thacker 5.2
                Everett Dawkins 4.9
                Kevin Mcneil 4.77
                Markus White 4.81
                Rodney Hudson 4.9
                Everett Dawkins 4.91
                Blake Snider 5.1
                Evan Bellamy 5.46
                Andrew Datko 4.9
                A.J. Ganguzza 5.12
                Markus White 4.69
                Everett Dawkins 4.96
                Dekota Watson 4.39
                Louis Givens 4.46
                Kendall Smith 4.69
                Matt Dunham 5.1
                Christian Ponder 4.7
                Nigel Bradham 4.48
                Matt Dunham 5.02
                Dekota Watson 4.43
                Avis Commack 4.51
                Cameron Wade 4.62
                Rod "Old School" Owens 4.45
                Bert Reed 4.42
                Richard Goodman 4.34
                Jarmon Fortson 4.49
                Tavares Pressley 4.49
                Bert Reed 4.36
                Jermaine Thomas 4.49
                Avis Commack 4.43
                Ty Jones 4.69
                Louis Givens 4.38
                Josh Gehres 4.59
                Jujuan Harley 4.39
                Bert Reed 4.30
                Terrance Parks 4.49
                Louis Givens 4.31
                Jujuan Harley 4.31

                Comment


                • #9
                  Also, EJ Manuel ran a 4.51.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                    FSU ran their 40s today. Here are the times unofficially:

                    40 Times
                    There are several guys on there that show up three times or more and their highs are up to about .15 higher than the lows you bolded.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                      Tommy Moffit, the best strength and conditioning coach in CFB
                      Did Mike Barwis change his name?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                        There are several guys on there that show up three times or more and their highs are up to about .15 higher than the lows you bolded.
                        The coaches let them run multiple times and I bolded their highest times.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          wat happened to Preston Parker?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                            wat happened to Preston Parker?
                            Kicked off the team, enrolled at North Alabama I believe.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                              The coaches let them run multiple times and I bolded their highest times.
                              I'm just saying, given the rampant skepticism of in-house times and the relative deviance from the norm on the low times, a lot of those 4.3s could become high 4.4s or worse come an unbiased evaluation.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information