Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Epic lulz here.

Wicket, where do you rank Clausen with the other qbs in the country?
    depends, as a pro prospect quite high (about 5th of the draft eligeble qb's) as a college qb about tenth prolly.
    I'll break down ND so that you lot can ***** about every point.
    pos: ND's rankings nationally according to me:
    QB: +- 10th
    RB: +- 30th (good depth, not a lot proven)
    WR: top 5
    TE: top 10
    OL: about 20th (experienced but a lot remains to be proven)
    DL: about 50th (talented but young)
    LB: about 30th (brian smith=god but the rest is either young or not that great)
    DB: 1st
    kicking game: 80th or something like that, our kickers are terrible.
    would result in:
    offense: 10-20
    defense 20-30
    would fit with my ranking of late teens (17 would be my guess now but havent made a ranking) nationally.

ND's best 10 (imo, but you can see why I rate our secondary the way i do):
    1 Golden Tate WR
    2 Brian Smith LB
    3 Darrin Walls CB
    4 Michael Floyd WR
    5 Kyle Rudolph TE
    6 Robert Blanton CB
    7 Kyle McCarthy SS
    8 Ethan Johnson DE
    9 Sam Young RT
    10 Harrison Smith FS
    HM: Eric Olsen, Jimmy Clausen, Armando Allen, Sergio Brown.

If you want any other thing from me about ND so you lot can call me a homer, please do ask.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

10th-best QB in the nation and he's not even a top 10 player on his own team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Tennessee got less production from its DL than ND did last year and still finished with the fourth-ranked secondary. As long as Eric Berry is at Tennessee, their secondary will automatically be better than ND's.
        tenn: 23 sacks and 79 tfl
        ND: 27 sacks and 59 tfl

wouldnt exactly call that less production. 20tfl>>> 4 sacks.

Besides that ND allowed lower completion percentage(56 vs 54 %), Tenn did have more interceptions though (17 vs 14)

So its nice that you make statements but at least say something that is true.

- No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

10th-best QB in the nation and he's not even a top 10 player on his own team.
          Not that much teams with really good qbs this season imo.
          After McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Locker and Snead things are getting mighty thin.

- No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I have my Lindy's and Athlon mags right here. I wasn't going to read them until my vacation next week.....but I cracked them just for you, domer homer. Not only is ND not ranked #1 in either mag for secondary.....they aren't even listed. Not that those 2 magazines are the absolute word on anything, but you'd think the hands down best secondary would at least get a mention, no?

Teams better than ND according to them, in no order: Florida, USC, Tenn, Cal, VT, Bama, Iowa, Ohio State, UCLA, Boise St, LSU, TCU, Northwestern, & BC.

But the people who put those lists together probably just didn't watch ND last year.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
              tenn: 23 sacks and 79 tfl
              ND: 27 sacks and 59 tfl

wouldnt exactly call that less production. 20tfl>>> 4 sacks.

Besides that ND allowed lower completion percentage(56 vs 54 %), Tenn did have more interceptions though (17 vs 14)

So its nice that you make statements but at least say something that is true.
              I only looked at sacks, TBH. That H is for honest, not honoust. Just a little heads-up. Tennessee had much better yardage against and had the 10th-best ypa average.

Comment

Not that much teams with really good qbs this season imo.
                After McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Locker and Snead things are getting mighty thin.
                Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Jevan Snead, Dan LeFevour, Daryl Clark, Zac Robinson, Max Hall, and Tim Hiller are all guys I would take in a second over Clausen.

Other guys I'd seriously consider ahead of Clausen include...

- Terrelle Pryor
                - Whoever is Texas Tech's QB this year.
                - Todd Reesing

Comment

Colt McCoy(1), Sam Bradford(2), Tim Tebow(3), Jevan Snead(4), Dan LeFevour(5), Daryl Clark(6), Zac Robinson(7), Max Hall(8), and Tim Hiller(9) are all guys I would take in a second over Clausen.

Other guys I'd seriously consider ahead of Clausen include...

- Terrelle Pryor
                  - Whoever is Texas Tech's QB this year.
                  - Todd Reesing
                  and one of these three add up to ten nicely
                  Added a few thing. (although i think i would take locker over clausen for cfb but imo clausen > hiller but we're talking details here)

- No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I only looked at sacks, TBH. That H is for honest, not honoust. Just a little heads-up. Tennessee had much better yardage against and had the 10th-best ypa average.
                    5.8 to 6.0 a difference but not that big, but yeah the ypa of tenn was better.

It is originally honoust, that americans have just raped the spelling to honest in time doesnt make it an obligation to me to write it the wrong way.

Back to the topic. ND fans i talked to all rate the DB's the best part of the team and rate them over our wideouts and tight ends, so maybe our db's dont get national recognition everywhere but people watching all games of a team or better suited for rating a part of that team right.

Blitzing a lot + still little sacks make it tough to perform for a secondary, to do what they did last season was really impressive and they've only gotten better with walls returning and Harrison smith moving to his natural free safety position.

check them out next season, you'll like them.

- No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Yeah....here's the thing about taking the word from ND fans because they've watched them more than anybody else. They're also homers.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                        Yeah....here's the thing about taking the word from ND fans because they've watched them more than anybody else. They're also homers.
                        And that influences how they rate certain parts of their team to other parts of the same team how?

- No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

And ND homers thinking the DBs are better than the WRs means the DBs are the best in the nation, how?

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                            And ND homers thinking the DBs are better than the WRs means the DBs are the best in the nation, how?
                            that is not the argument. But everybody seems to agree that ND's wr are pretty good and since our DB's are better they can be no worse than pretty good.
                            Hence if our WR's are lets say top 5-10 nationally and are DB's are better, odds are that they are top 5-10 nationally as well.
                            It is a personal statement that they are the best, one you are free to disagree with. I dont take offense in that but I do think it is just wrong to think that is an outrageous(sp?) opinion.

- No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Hence if our WR's are lets say top 5-10 nationally and are DB's are better, odds are that they are top 5-10 nationally as well.
                              Your DBs haven't shown in games that they're better than Floyd, Tate, Rudolph et al. Doing it in practice is a good start, but unless they're good in games, it doesn't mean ****. If rankings were determined by practice, Stevie Brown would be better than Ed Reed, Sean Taylor and Eric Berry put together.

Comment

when you present it as 'ND has the best secondary and if you don't agree you're crazy', then yeah, it's rather outrageous. I've heard of Walls and McCarthy because of recruiting (not because of on-field success), and I've never heard of the other guys. maybe you have a nice collection of stars from the recruiting services, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information