Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most talented college football teams with SOPH, JR and SR talent.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
    USC is always suppose to be loaded with talent and all they do is bully the pathetic PAC1 then their players go to the NFL and flop hard. When will people learn ? USC overrates the f*#% out of their players. Anyway, Florida Gators are clearly the most talented team in NCAA. Anybody who has another team over them is a moron straight up.
    It's funny that you talk about USC players flopping in the NFL but then talk about Florida being a talented team.

Comment

I don't care how ****** they do in the NFL, they kick butt in college. Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams were incredible college receivers. Those guys had talent, it just doesn't translate well to the pro game.

Comment

I don't believe for one second that Oklahoma is more talented than Florida. And I don't believe that UNC is more talented than FSU either, but that's the homer in me.
        First off I would take Oklahoma's QB, RBs, and TEs over Florida's anyday.

As far as FSU goes well they have very talented players but most of them have to prove a lot. I like a lot of their defensive backs and linebackers but most have to put up or shut up, last year they were really talented as an overall group but did not reach their team potential. I would take the two stars in UNCs defensive backfield over any on Florida State. Then UNCs defensive line is potentially better than FSU as well and so are their linebackers. And unlike FSU, UNC has actual running backs on their roster, FSU has nobody in terms of who was on the team last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
          First off I would take Oklahoma's QB over Florida's anyday.
          You do that, and I'll take the one with the national titles.

Comment

You do that, and I'll take the one with the national titles.
            Note, Sam Bradford is not my favorite NFL prospect in the world at quarterback but he is more of a safe bet than Tebow at this point in time.

Comment

Note, Sam Bradford is not my favorite NFL prospect in the world at quarterback but he is more of a safe bet than Tebow at this point in time.
              You're changing your criteria every time I speak out against one of them. Make up your damn mind. The title says "Most talented COLLEGE football teams", not "Who I like best even though they're average" or "Best pro prospects". Tim Tebow is a phenomenally talented college football player.

Comment

sbh15 And if I see one more person talk up Javier Arenas... he's not a good corner, he's decent, but he makes his name as a return man. Florida borderline abused him without even having Percy on the roster.
                That was probably his worst game of the season, yes he had major problems there. Considering however his great growth as a corner last year compared to the year previous I would expect nothing less than more growth from him this year. Clearly his return ability helps but his physically tools is what impresses me the most.

As for the Florida linebacker core, I really like Hicks on the outside, athletically he is very gifted and again Stamper can make some real nice plays when he gets the chance. It is not their fault Florida has a lot of linebackers on their roster, it is kind of like when people ripped Cushing last year, and for what? It is just trying to find fault in a group of very talented players. Mind you, I hate the Florida Gators ever since Spurrier left.

Comment

8)
                  Notre Dame: Very talented offensive team, real good players at the receiving positions, outstanding weapons there. They have good running backs as well who just need to produce and Clausen should continue his solid development. On defensive the front and linebackers have a lot to prove but the defensive backfield is solid as can be. Potential stars of that group could be Blanton and Smith.
                  QB Clausen
                  RB Allen, Hughes, Aldrige
                  WR Floyd, G. Tate, Kamara
                  TE Rudolph
                  OL Young, Olsen
                  DLJohnson
                  LB B. Smith
                  CB Blanton, Walls
                  S H. Smith. McCarthy S Brown
                  Made a few adjustments.
                  I do agree with where you rank ND on talent though (so you prolly have them to high considering my homer bias ;) )
                  Reasons for adjustments:
                  Removals:
                  Parrish& Grimes: Both will see the field but with Ragone back fit a large proportion of the single back sets will be two-te sets and charlie hates to play empty backfield so I dont see them getting to much time to prove themselves.
                  Gray: Although talented he is our fourth corner probably and with him also missing the spring I dont see him getting beyond McNeill in the depth chart, let alone (certainly considering our nickel, more on that later)

Additions(bolded)
                  Ethan Johnson: Lasts years sack leader was basicly the only high point in a dissapointing DLine that got the DLine coach fired. Considering he missed almost an entire year of football before he started as a true freshman last season he has the potential to be one of the brightest defensive stars for ND.
                  Brian Smith: The undisputed emotional leader of the defense and my pick for leading tackler (provided that the DLine will play better, I hope it will not be the two safeties again, that was just sad last season).Brings a lot of agression and is in his third year starting. Not saying he is a superstar but he certainly has proven himself already.
                  Sergio Brown: A physical freak with many years of service at he nickel back position and since ND will play he nickel a lot the upcoming season (CW already told he was thinking the nickel could see the field as much as the base defense) he will have plenty of time to prove his worth.

Don't take it as critique, I was just bored, hence the length of the piece

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

wicket

Johnson, Smith and Brown I did not include because they just did not really stand out to me last season for the Irish. However I will remember to watch them more closely this year. I appreciate the additions, it is always hard to follow all teams and list all the players.

Still think Harrison Smith could have a great season, too bad he was basically a OLB for them last year, he will really have to show he can cover, but he can obviously tackle quite well.

Also Blanton, I was disappointed on how he disappeared in some games and at times did not even get on the field, love his size and supposed strength though!

Comment

For DL you could throw Ole Miss on there with Hardy/Tillman/Lockett at end and Powe/Laurent/Scott at tackle.

Comment

wicket

Johnson, Smith and Brown I did not include because they just did not really stand out to me last season for the Irish. However I will remember to watch them more closely this year. I appreciate the additions, it is always hard to follow all teams and list all the players.
                        EJ was just outblocked becuz he could be double teamed all the time since our DLine was pretty sad overall but i can understand that you missed him, just watch him this yea, its gonna be sweet ;)

Still think Harrison Smith could have a great season, too bad he was basically a OLB for them last year, he will really have to show he can cover, but he can obviously tackle quite well.
                        he just played olb because he was to good to keep of the field, he moved back in the dime a few times and covered tight ends and stuff pretty well, not much video on that though. (not outplaying Bruton as a sophomore is not emberrasing)

Also Blanton, I was disappointed on how he disappeared in some games and at times did not even get on the field, love his size and supposed strength though!
                        keep in mind he was a true freshman playing becuz walls wasnt enrolled and gray was injured, if he improves as much as he should he will be pretty good, but your critique is pretty legit here nevertheless
                        also an oversight on my part, grimes is already out of school (is an udfa somewhere).

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

5)
                          LSU: Very talented in the offensive line and have two potential stars there. The receivers are talented and LaFell should be an absolute monster this season. At quarterback they will have to improve but they have experience there and at running back they are loaded again. On defense the linebackers are inexperienced but they have a solid secondary with talented players. On the defensive line they have some real nice prospects as well.
                          QB Lee, Hatch
                          RB Scott, Williams, Holliday
                          WR LaFell, Toliver, Mitchell
                          TE Dickson
                          OL Black, Barksdale
                          DL Alem, Woods, Nevis
                          LB Sheppard
                          CB Hawkins, Eugene
                          S C. Jones Coleman
                          Was hoping someone was going to correct the LSU one.

QB: Jefferson, Lee (Hatch transferred back to Harvord)
                          RB: Scott, Williams, Murphy (Holliday isn't a big enough impact player imo)
                          WR: LaFell, Toliver, Tolliver (Chris, RS) (Mitchell is going pro in baseball and i know you don't meant Chris...)
                          TE: Dickson, Peterson
                          OL: Black, Barksdale
                          DL: Alem, Woods, Nevis, Corley
                          LB: Riley, Coleman (Moved to LB, no longer Safety), Baker
                          CB: Patrick Freaking PETERSON!!! (Clear cut #1 CB), Hawkins, B. Taylor
                          S: Jones, Brooks

Comment

Saints 4 Lyfe

So they moved Coleman from safety to linebacker? Odd, what about Sheppard at linebacker? He still on the team? As for Peterson I guess with only four starts I did not see much of him, I do not doubt he is a player though, will keep an eye on him next year.

And yes it is Jared Mitchell, but yeah if he is a player in baseball probably will go there.

Holiday I like as a potential RB, he is quite the weapon just is not used as much as he should be. He could be used in the screen game and the run game more.

Nevis could be a stud couldn't he? Guy looked like a monster at times last year.

Comment

Saints 4 Lyfe

So they moved Coleman from safety to linebacker? Odd, what about Sheppard at linebacker? He still on the team? As for Peterson I guess with only four starts I did not see much of him, I do not doubt he is a player though, will keep an eye on him next year.
                              Sheppard should be a starting LB as should Coleman. Peterson is somewhat of a WR/TE tweener. Been seeing action at both spots.

And yes it is Jared Mitchell, but yeah if he is a player in baseball probably will go there.
                              yeah he's out of here.

Holiday I like as a potential RB, he is quite the weapon just is not used as much as he should be. He could be used in the screen game and the run game more.
                              should be used more but probably won't.

Nevis could be a stud couldn't he? Guy looked like a monster at times last year.
                              Nevis...he has a higher ceiling than Dorsey i'll just leave it at that...

Comment

One group I forgot was the offensive line core of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

OL
                                Iowa: Bulaga, Calloway, Richardson, Eubanks

A very solid group that could easily be consider the best if Richardson plays up to his potential and those two outstanding tackles continue their dominating play.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information