Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the hell is Uona Kaveinga at?

Comment

Yeah, because averaging 5.1, 5.8, and 7.4 for the main RB's in the stable is less than spectacular. If USC only shared the ball with two main RB's, they'd easily have two 1000 yard rushers. Combine that with the fact that USC isn't even a run heavy team.
      Well that might be true, but still in some respects they used the pass to set up the run last year I feel. They will most likely not be able to do that again this year. Also, with those average yards per carry, how about they give them the ball more, which is what I was saying. The QB's might turn out but they are not very experienced so they better be able to run the ball to take the pressure off of the QBs.

Comment

Anyone else here strongly feel that Barkley needs to redshirt?

My reasoning is simple: Corp will most likely start in 2009. And given Pete's track record of not replacing the starting QB unless he goes down with an injury, Corp could possibly play for three more years (he's only a redshirt sophomore) which would mean Barkley wouldn't play until his final year of eligibility in 2012.

Not redshirting Barkley would mean wasting him for basically his entire career. It would be pretty much Booty/Sanchez all over again.

Comment

My reasoning is simple: Corp will most likely start in 2009. And given Pete's track record of not replacing the starting QB unless he goes down with an injury, Corp could possibly play for three more years (he's only a redshirt sophomore) which would mean Barkley wouldn't play until his final year of eligibility in 2012.

Not redshirting Barkley would mean wasting him for basically his entire career. It would be pretty much Booty/Sanchez all over again.
          I would have to see more of Corp play to be honest with you, I have not seen much of him. Barkley sure is a talent however, has a rocket arm, quick release and makes any offense very dangerous with his ability to make quick strike deep ball throws.

I agree USC should shirt him only if Corp is clearly the man and is in charge. Because if not, Barkley could easily start this season. Then again you do have Mustain as a backup, next year you will not have that so yes shirting Barkley is an option. The kid is so talented though, it is basically an issue of who is more of a leader and who is more mature, Corp or Barkley because even though I have not seen much of Corp it is hard to imagine he is more talented than Barkley is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post

Corp is probably the better choice for about a month after that Barkely is the most talented player they have at that position. I dont think you waste a redshirt year on that situation. Besides, Barkley is a 3 year player in this day and age, hardly a 4 or 5 year guy.

Comment

is Joe McKnight really taking reps at CB?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Corp is probably the better choice for about a month after that Barkely is the most talented player they have at that position. I dont think you waste a redshirt year on that situation. Besides, Barkley is a 3 year player in this day and age, hardly a 4 or 5 year guy.
                Yea, but redshirting Barkley atleast leaves open the possibility of him starting 2 years, vice only one possible year of starting if Corp starts.

Sanchez had a great year last year, and left a serious run at a National Championship on the table by leaving. Who knows if Barkley won't want to do things differently.

Of course, this is assuming Corp starts. From everything I've seen and heard, Barkley is progressing at an unprecedented rate in 'SC football. He sure as hell has been making more plays, throwing more touchdowns and making more impressive throws than Corp has.

The biggest thing Corp has in his favor is his conservative style, poise, knowledge of the playbook and ball control. But there will come a point where the reward of Barkley's playmaking will outweigh the risks he poses by being a true freshman.

I don't mean to hype him up even more, but Barkley is just unbelievable as a true freshman. The ball just jumps out of his hands reminiscent of Carson Palmer, but he throws spirals that are easy enough for receivers to catch. Mechanically he's sound, and he gets rid of the ball about as quick as Sanchez did. If he can just develop better decision making, I dont' see how Corp can hold him off these next few years.

It'll be interesting to watch develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
                  Yea, but redshirting Barkley atleast leaves open the possibility of him starting 2 years, vice only one possible year of starting if Corp starts.

Sanchez had a great year last year, and left a serious run at a National Championship on the table by leaving. Who knows if Barkley won't want to do things differently.

Of course, this is assuming Corp starts. From everything I've seen and heard, Barkley is progressing at an unprecedented rate in 'SC football. He sure as hell has been making more plays, throwing more touchdowns and making more impressive throws than Corp has.

The biggest thing Corp has in his favor is his conservative style, poise, knowledge of the playbook and ball control. But there will come a point where the reward of Barkley's playmaking will outweigh the risks he poses by being a true freshman.

I don't mean to hype him up even more, but Barkley is just unbelievable as a true freshman. The ball just jumps out of his hands reminiscent of Carson Palmer, but he throws spirals that are easy enough for receivers to catch. Mechanically he's sound, and he gets rid of the ball about as quick as Sanchez did. If he can just develop better decision making, I dont' see how Corp can hold him off these next few years.

It'll be interesting to watch develop.
                  I think you answered your own question as to who is the better player. If they want to get the next Matt Barkley when he comes along they better play this right. Georgia probably had a similar situation 4 years ago when they didnt start Matthew Stafford right away but that didnt last long. About a month if memory serves me right.

Comment

I agree, even though I would have to see more of Corp but seriously no way he is as talented as Barkley, that would be hard to believe. Just a matter of does Barkley make a lot of mistakes or not. He will get the offense down in time, just does he throw a lot of INTs and take a lot of foolish chances? Now that I do not know, would have to watch him a lot more.

Comment

No love for Drew McAllister?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        No love for Drew McAllister?
                        I'd actually be surprised if he didnt start.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          I'd actually be surprised if he didnt start.
                          Same. I think he should be the starting FS with Mays moved to SS.

Comment

aaron corp injured in minicamp...? interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                              aaron corp injured in minicamp...? interesting.
                              FML FMLFMLFML

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                                FML FMLFMLFML
                                Not really because Matt Barkley is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information