Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iworshipbender View Post
    Oregon and the Pac-9 time now?
    hahahaha you wish. you guys are so inconsistent.

Comment

I do wish. If not USC, and it won't be without Carroll, then who is going to be challenging Oregon for that over the next several years? Next year should be Oregon's assent to national prominence for at least a small amount of time with all the talent coming back.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Originally posted by iworshipbender View Post
        Oregon and the Pac-9 time now?
        Maybe for one season. I just hope Kelly dosen't pull the big game choke again next year... something Carroll was never guilty of.

Oregon should be the preseason favorite to win the pac-10 but SC undoubtedly has the most talent and depth of anyone in the conference. The Trojans future success hangs in the balance of who they hire as Carroll's successor.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet View Post
          Maybe for one season. I just hope Kelly dosen't pull the big game choke again next year... something Carroll was never guilty of.

Oregon should be the preseason favorite to win the pac-10 but SC undoubtedly has the most talent and depth of anyone in the conference. The Trojans future success hangs in the balance of who they hire as Carroll's successor.
          yeah... we were just guilty of the small game choke.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet View Post

Well, USC better hurry up with that because there's not going to be too many coaches considering a school with rumors of sanctions swirling.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
              yeah... we were just guilty of the small game choke.
              The only big time game Pete lost was to Texas in 05. No explination needed for that one.
              Upsets occur, especially in-conference. Caoches are judged on the way the prepare teams for big time games.

Comment

they mentioned today at the army all american bowl, that if they dont get Riley from Oregon State, that they will go hard after Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and i could see him doing it being an SC alum and all.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  they mentioned today at the army all american bowl, that if they dont get Riley from Oregon State, that they will go hard after Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and i could see him doing it being an SC alum and all.
                  Without a doubt the best coaching candidate we could possibly hire. But, I do agree with those who think it's a pipe dream at this stage in his coaching career. Herm Edwards is a legitimate candidate now that he's expressed interest in the job. He would bring some swagger to the team, especially defensively, and that's the mindset this team must undertake if we expect to turn things around, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    Without a doubt the best coaching candidate we could possibly hire. But, I do agree with those who think it's a pipe dream at this stage in his coaching career. Herm Edwards is a legitimate candidate now that he's expressed interest in the job. He would bring some swagger to the team, especially defensively, and that's the mindset this team must undertake if we expect to turn things around, imo.
                    Herm Edwards huh? i havent heard that name thrown around yet, and i cant say that i wouldnt mind that.

I could see alot of former NFL coaches looking to come to USC, it just seems like SC has built an NFL farm system over there due to the systems they run on both offense and defense.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prophet View Post
                      SC is the most attractive job in the country... period.
                      For plently of reasons but none more attractive than the loads of talent already on the roster. But im not sold on Pete leaving quite yet.
                      Props on being a great fan.

However, SC has been great in the 2000's because of the talent Carroll brought in. He's gone. The school may be getting some sort of serious banhammer brought down on it. And UCLA is ready to swoop in during probation.

If it weren't for all of the shadiness that Carroll is leaving town for, the job would be a top 5 for certain. However, due to that, you may or may not get the coaches you desire. Despite that, I think Fischer or Del Rio would be great (and possible) hires.

And speaking of the quality of team, remember the 80's and 90's? A few Rose Bowl wins and a few top 10 finishes. Good, but not great. Often mediocre. The talent was in California but USC didn't get it. This is a real problem that will manifest itself again if the NCAA cracks down.

UCLA and others will scoop up the players that are scared off. Things go in cycles and this may be the end of an era.

It's a shame that dirty boosters and a complicit athletic department let this happen. And Carroll is going to get away unscathed. That last part really bothers me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        Props on being a great fan.

However, SC has been great in the 2000's because of the talent Carroll brought in. He's gone. The school may be getting some sort of serious banhammer brought down on it. And UCLA is ready to swoop in during probation.

If it weren't for all of the shadiness that Carroll is leaving town for, the job would be a top 5 for certain. However, due to that, you may or may not get the coaches you desire. Despite that, I think Fischer or Del Rio would be great (and possible) hires.

And speaking of the quality of team, remember the 80's and 90's? A few Rose Bowl wins and a few top 10 finishes. Good, but not great. Often mediocre. The talent was in California but USC didn't get it. This is a real problem that will manifest itself again if the NCAA cracks down.

UCLA and others will scoop up the players that are scared off. Things go in cycles and this may be the end of an era.

It's a shame that dirty boosters and a complicit athletic department let this happen. And Carroll is going to get away unscathed. That last part really bothers me.
                        I agree with most of that, however I think these "looming sanctions" are about a 50/50 in reality. We have yet to see what shakes down.
                        College football does go in cycles, that's why I was so surprised Pete could keep the Trojans on top for so long. But what im getting at with the SC job being so attractive is the fact that Pete's successor will inharet 5 years of top end prospects. The talent is already there, if you can coach them up then winning big shouldn't be out of the question. Its comparable to Saban leaving the talent at LSU that Miles used to win the title in 07. Not to mention a good recruiter would be druling at the in-state talent and the national talent SC is capable of attracting. Since there is no pro team in LA, if you can win big at the college level you can be the king of the town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prophet View Post
                          I agree with most of that, however I think these "looming sanctions" are about a 50/50 in reality. We have yet to see what shakes down.
                          College football does go in cycles, that's why I was so surprised Pete could keep the Trojans on top for so long. But what im getting at with the SC job being so attractive is the fact that Pete's successor will inharet 5 years of top end prospects. The talent is already there, if you can coach them up then winning big shouldn't be out of the question. Its comparable to Saban leaving the talent at LSU that Miles used to win the title in 07. Not to mention a good recruiter would be druling at the in-state talent and the national talent SC is capable of attracting. Since there is no pro team in LA, if you can win big at the college level you can be the king of the town.
                          Agree with your analysis if there are no sanctions. If they happen, sanctions will temporarily ruin what has been built. I also agree that it's about 50/50 that anything serious happens to the football program wrt the NCAA.

However, if it does, all you have to look at is how Alabama recovered after their pretty severe penalty in 2002. They have an NC after only 8 years. I mean, all of the really big football schools would love to have just one NC per decade so it's not like it killed their program. Just a minor bump in the road.

Thanks for the good insight from a USC fan's perspective into the situation.

Comment

• This is awful! Why would he do that? A pro coach? He is a college coach and has a college personality, this is a real surprise and a major disappointment. Pete Carroll is USC, without him they will just simply not be the same.

Bad choice, Seahawks? Why? NFL? Why, college is more consistent, you can win more and at USC he could easily have worked their another decade.

In terms of the next coach, well all of the options listed here suck. If you go from Pete Carroll to Ken Norton? Please. Even Shark, give me a break....They need a defensive guy, but sadly I doubt they ever find something with his energy ever again.

This sucks!

Unless he is running from something like coach Cal did with Memphis, running from some legal issues that involved his team.....

Comment

• Matt Barkley will stay

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4816203

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Hey guys, new to the forum and just would like to say Go Trojans!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information