No announcement yet.

2010 USC Trojans Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Tupou isn't gonna win the job at DT, but he'll share time with Jurrell Casey. Sniper, Mays will be (primarily) at SS this year. McKnight is not seriously trying to get PT at CB (he doesn't really understand zone coverages).

Comment

• Now that spring ball is less than a month away, why not get some discussion going?

Who do you guys anticipate as being the most critical component of our defense heading into next season?

I'll go with Casey. Consistency, as always with young defensive lineman, will be consequential in whether he can build off of a stellar sophomore campaign, or take a few steps back similar to Tupou last season. You could definitely see him evolving into a dominant defensive lineman as the year wore on, despite the rest of the defense's struggles, and as he continues to mature you would have to believe that his quickness will be far too much for opposing lineman to handle. The return of Orgeron could in actuality be the motivation and influence he needs to become a legitimate Pac-10 defensive player of the year candidate.

Regardless, Orgeron should easily increase the production of the defensive line unit, and that will without a doubt be one of the driving forces for a serious run at a national championship in the first year of this new regime.
      Last edited by 619; 03-02-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
        Now that spring ball is less than a month away, why not get some discussion going?

Who do you guys anticipate as being the most critical component of our defense heading into next season?

I'll go with Casey. Consistency, as always with young defensive lineman, will be consequential in whether he can build off of a stellar sophomore campaign, or take a few steps back similar to Tupou last season. You could definitely see him evolving into a dominant defensive lineman as the year wore on, despite the rest of the defense's struggles, and as he continues to mature you would have to believe that his quickness will be far too much for opposing lineman to handle. The return of Orgeron could in actuality be the motivation and influence he needs to become a legitimate Pac-10 defensive player of the year candidate.

Regardless, Orgeron should easily increase the production of the defensive line unit, and that will without a doubt be one of the driving forces for a serious run at a national championship in the first year of this new regime.
        I will agree with this, with Monte Kiffen coming in we will need a dominant D Tackle....similar to how it worked when he was in Tampa Bay. Look back at all the great defenses he had in Tampa and you see Warren Sapp, a d tackle that can cause problems in the backfield.

I would also say that i think Galippo is going to need to pick it up a little bit this year as well. I dont think he played bad last year, but i do think that he has more to show us.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Spring practice is here!

Barkley took control of the QB position on day one as expected with three long TD passes - two of them over 60 yards - including one standout play to freshman Kyle Prater. According to Kiffin, defensively everyone was trying to be Troy Polamalu and you could probably attribute this aggressive play as one reason for the number of big plays on the other side of the ball.

On a side note, Rhett Ellison will likely miss all of spring ball with mono. This is Ayles' time to finally step up and play like a top recruit. We have VERY weak depth at the position otherwise.

Comment

• I am loving USC's front seven. Jurrell Casey, Nick Perry, Michael Morgan, Chris Gallipo, Malcolm Smith and Davon Kennard.

That group isn't getting nearly as much hype as past years but might be just as talented. I can't wait to watch them play this year. I hope the isn't a drop-off with the defense with Pete leaving. Monte Kiffin is one hell of a DC but Carroll was so creative and flexible with using guys by utilizing a lot of different fronts.

Comment

• http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/colleg...4-10-10-175518

People saying Dillon Baxter looks like hes more than ready for the college game, making the defense look silly!

Cant wait!

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• WOW.

Dillon Baxter getting comparisons to Marcus Allen and Reggie Bush so soon.

And guess where he's from? Yes, the 619, very fitting indeed. :D

Comment

WOW.

Dillon Baxter getting comparisons to Marcus Allen and Reggie Bush so soon.

And guess where he's from? Yes, the 619, very fitting indeed. :D
                  Yessir. Hes going to be a special player for us. Cant wait for Robert Woods to get here.

Comment

• You guys know me.

Heisman / Doak '09

Comment

• I am not an USC fan, but I do love me some Shareece(sp) Wright and Allen Bradford.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        You guys know me.

Heisman / Doak '09
                        You better believe i know you, Its about time we get this guy some more carries!

Comment

• Ahem .....

This dude's been ripping it up in practices for years, now it's time for him to translate that play onto the field, and I expect everything to come together in a breakout senior season.

I think SC will be back this season boys. I really do. I wouldn't rule out a BCS Bowl either. I'm feeling much more confident than I did at this point last year.

Comment

Ahem .....

This dude's been ripping it up in practices for years, now it's time for him to translate that play onto the field, and I expect everything to come together in a breakout senior season.

I think SC will be back this season boys. I really do. I wouldn't rule out a BCS Bowl either. I'm feeling much more confident than I did at this point last year.
                            RoJo is ready to step up. You started to see signs of it towards the end of his sophomore season. I believe if he would have been healthy last year he would have been scary. I expect him to be better than Damian was for us.

My player who im hoping to do big things....

Blake Ayles. I think he will be a great recieving threat for Barkley this year and will follow in Davis' and Mccoy's footsteps very well!

I also hope that we can get the ball into Marc Tylers hands a little more this season because i think he can be a stud for us.

Comment

• dillon F****** Baxter!

Comment

• lmao id be worried about those defenders more than anything.
                                but
                                sick run, looks like his speed will translate very well, im jealous.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information