No announcement yet.

2010 USC Trojans Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy ****... Looks like Reggie Bush 2.0...

Comment

• lovin Dillon Baxter already, saw that run all over the net, and on sportscenter today, and god damn the kid can move. I think hes gonna be an impact player from day 1.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• If there's anyone that I could trust to get the most out of our skill position players, Baxter in particular, it would be Kiffin. He's a very innovative and nifty play-caller, which bodes well for the infinite number of different skillsets we possess together as an offense. I can't even begin fathoming what he has in store for us this year. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
          If there's anyone that I could trust to get the most out of our skill position players, Baxter in particular, it would be Kiffin. He's a very innovative and nifty play-caller, which bodes well for the infinite number of different skillsets we possess together as an offense. I can't even begin fathoming what he has in store for us this year. :D
          Im excited for this staff and this season, I was really bummed after we lost Kiffen the first time, and even more bummed when we lost Sark. I really did no like Bates' play calling last year, and i think that Kiffen is much better. I cant wait!

I wanna see him get RoJo rollin!

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• It's always good to reflect back on the previous season. If you need any reassurance as to which part of the team needs to demonstrate the greatest improvement, then here I present to you one of the poorer showcases of how to play good Pac-10 defense under the Pete Carroll era:

That is god awful. ugh

Comment

• Who is going to replace Charles Brown at LT? Tyron Smith or Matt Kahlil.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                Who is going to replace Charles Brown at LT? Tyron Smith or Matt Kahlil.
                Kalil (10 char)

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                  Kalil (10 char)
                  you think so? I dont disagree but i know coming out of high school i know i was very very impressed with the way Tyron could dominate in the passing game, and i think hes good enough to play in the run game as well. Now i figure he will obviously play the right side if he doesnt move over.

....i guess i wouldnt be surprised if we move one to make room for a guy like Seantrel Henderson, because a talent like that is someone you make room for.

Comment

• Sorry, I'm late on this.

Linebacker Chris Galippo could become an outsider
                    A starter all last season at middle linebacker, the junior is facing a challenge this spring from sophomore Devon Kennard, and now Galippo is taking some snaps at the strong-side spot. He says he welcomes chance to learn a new position.

April 27, 2010|By Gary Klein

Chris Galippo started every game, and played nearly every snap, as USC's middle linebacker last season.

The junior from Corona performed well for most of the first half of the schedule, but wore down in the second half when USC suffered three of its four losses.

On Tuesday, the spring position battle between Galippo and sophomore Devon Kennard appeared to shift some when Galippo took about 15 snaps at strong-side linebacker.

It remains to be seen who will be listed as the starting middle linebacker when Coach Lane Kiffin releases an end-of-spring depth chart Friday. But Galippo said he welcomed the chance to learn another position and help provide depth.

"The percentage of somebody getting hurt and me having to step in somewhere is very high," Galippo said. "It's part of the game — guys are going to go down, so whatever they want me to do, I'll do it."

Galippo said defensive assistant Monte Kiffin told him that ‘‘the three best linebackers have got to be on the field" when the Trojans open their season on Sept. 2 at Hawaii.

Malcolm Smith appears set at weakside linebacker and Michael Morgan has been working with the first team at the strong-side spot.

Kennard will undoubtedly figure in the mix after an impressive spring at middle linebacker.

"I made mistakes along the way but I feel like I progressed as spring ball went on," said Kennard, who played defensive end and strong-side linebacker last season.

Linebackers Hayes Pullard of Los Angeles Crenshaw High and Glen Stanley, a junior college transfer, are due to arrive for training camp. But linebacker depth remains an issue because of a heart condition that ended Frankie Telfort's USC career before it began, the possible career-ending neck injury that Jarvis Jones is trying to overcome and Uona Kaveinga's transfer to BYU.

The Trojans could get even thinner.

Junior linebacker Jordan Campbell, who had been held out of early spring practice workouts because violations of team policy, was absent Tuesday and his status with the team is uncertain. Kiffin said he met with Campbell on Tuesday to review an undisclosed situation. Kiffin declined to elaborate other than to say that Campbell had not been arrested.

Campbell could not be reached for comment.

Link
                    Thoughts on Galippo's possible shift to SAM?

Comment

Sorry, I'm late on this.

Thoughts on Galippo's possible shift to SAM?
                      i saw the story on that, wouldnt you think that Kennard would be the better fit on the outside due to his pass rushing skills? or is that just me?

Comment

• 2010 is The Year of Mitch Mustain

5 TDs & 300 yds on saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                          2010 is The Year of Mitch Mustain

5 TDs & 300 yds on saturday
                          highly doubt mustain is going to be our boy this year

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                            i saw the story on that, wouldnt you think that Kennard would be the better fit on the outside due to his pass rushing skills? or is that just me?
                            That's where he was featured last season once he made the switch from defensive end. It's easy to see why the coaching staff would entertain the possibility of a competition between Galippo and Kennard - no matter who ends up winning the battle, the other guy will find a way to play anyways, and we all know competition breeds success (as showcased by Carroll).

I'd give the nod to Kennard; he's got superior size, speed and instincts, and he has the ability to be disruptive in the backfield, and he's more adaptable to take on blocks (whereas Galippo struggled mightily in that regard last season).

Comment

That's where he was featured last season once he made the switch from defensive end. It's easy to see why the coaching staff would entertain the possibility of a competition between Galippo and Kennard - no matter who ends up winning the battle, the other guy will find a way to play anyways, and we all know competition breeds success (as showcased by Carroll).

I'd give the nod to Kennard; he's got superior size, speed and instincts, and he has the ability to be disruptive in the backfield, and he's more adaptable to take on blocks (whereas Galippo struggled mightily in that regard last season).
                              Im just worried if he is stuck in the middle it will take away one of his best weapons....his pass rushing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                                you think so? I dont disagree but i know coming out of high school i know i was very very impressed with the way Tyron could dominate in the passing game, and i think hes good enough to play in the run game as well. Now i figure he will obviously play the right side if he doesnt move over.

....i guess i wouldnt be surprised if we move one to make room for a guy like Seantrel Henderson, because a talent like that is someone you make room for.
                                Tyron plays on the right side.

as for Kennard, If Monte an Barry think MLB is his best fit, then I'mma go with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information