Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 2009 Freshman that will make the biggest impact?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Tennessee...

Bryce Brown will probably split carries with Montario Hardesty (<3).

Darren Myles Jr. has a chance to start at FS.

Toney Williams may be the starting FB too.

Other than that, I'm not sure how much impact the other players have. Maybe Nukeese Richardson and Marsalis Teague on returns, and there are a lot of DB's/LB's who could see ST's coverage duty. Hopefully, Jerod Askew can win a starting job sometime. Cuz I (<3) Beastkew too.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
      Matt Barkley QB USC- That is if he does not have to redshirt, but to me he is the incoming freshman that has the most game breaking potential. Combine his quick release and good arm with the Trojan offensive line and receivers, he could be quite a difference maker at QB if he is ready and gets the chance this year.

Marlon Brown WR Georgia- Big tall receiver, fast and has potential to see playing time early, looks like a great target to throw the ball too.

Craig Loston S LSU- Should be the starting safety on LSU and could really help their defense become great. Tall kid that can run, should make a lot of plays for them.

Andre Debouse WR Florida- Real game breaker, small and fast just like they like them. Will make the loss of Harvin almost not even noticeable that is my guess.

Morrell Presley TE UCLA- Real pass catching threat at tight end, obviously a little skinny but still hell to cover regardless.

Trent Richardson RB Alabama- Should see a lot of playing time at running back and do quite well, provides good power and strength.

Manti Te'o OLB Notre Dame- Great upgrade at linebacker and should see action right away for them.

Craig Roh DE Michigan- Real impressive defensive end, would not be surprised if he gets to start early on. Tall kid, good motor and can really attack the passer, real find for Michigan.

Russell Shepard QB LSU- Only question is what about Jefferson, will Shepard get to play much, if he does he will make plays on the field though, simple as that, could potentially be a major X factor for them and be a nightmare matchup.

Brendan Smith CB Georgia- Real fast corner who is long, should fit right in at Georgia and fills a need for them right away.

ustin Chassion DE Oklahoma- Probably will not see much time this year, but if he does he can play and will be a solid end for them for quite some time.

What other freshman will potentially be gamers this year?
      Chaisson could be great but a lot of depth in front of him. I'm suprised he beat the sexual assault charge,(actually i'm not). I guess anything goes in Norman except getting paid for not working. Of course if that was the case in government nobody would get paid.

Comment

Is it just me or is this years group of offensive lineman pretty weak?

Also Patrick Patterson I do not know much about, but is he really that good? Marlon Brown is taller and faster technically according to statistics I looked at.
        already one of the top cb's in the nationq

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
          already one of the top cb's in the nationq
          That's Patrick Peterson. Patrick Patterson is a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            For Tennessee...

Bryce Brown will probably split carries with Montario Hardesty (<3).

Darren Myles Jr. has a chance to start at FS.

Toney Williams may be the starting FB too.

Other than that, I'm not sure how much impact the other players have. Maybe Nukeese Richardson and Marsalis Teague on returns, and there are a lot of DB's/LB's who could see ST's coverage duty. Hopefully, Jerod Askew can win a starting job sometime. Cuz I (<3) Beastkew too.
            Toney Williams is out for the season.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Andre Debose is so full of win.

Comment

Andre Debose is so full of win.
                Yeah, he will step in right away at Florida and do extremely well. Perfect fit for that offense, will go on quick bubble screens and reverses constantly. As if they needed more speed on offense.

Comment

ryan williams and david wilson at VT are 2 freshman who are gonna get LOTS of playing time after darren evans injury

Comment

I think the majority of the players are true freshman, but Williams will def have to step up for us.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Will make the loss of Harvin almost not even noticeable that is my guess.

The addition of an undersized freshman WR who was not even the best player on his HS team will make the loss of the (without a doubt) best player on UF's roster barely noticeable? That is just dumb.

Comment

Craig Loston S LSU- Should be the starting safety on LSU and could really help their defense become great. Tall kid that can run, should make a lot of plays for them.
                        might not qualify plus will most likely RS because of hand surgery.

Russell Shepard QB LSU- Only question is what about Jefferson, will Shepard get to play much, if he does he will make plays on the field though, simple as that, could potentially be a major X factor for them and be a nightmare matchup.
                        Will be only a QB and will be the Perrilloux type player. Should make a significant impact.

I'd say Dominique Allen will have maybe the most impact at FB.

Dude is physically ready for the NFL right now. He's on the left.

Also, word is Morris Claiborne is impressing the **** out of everyone and just as good as Reuben Randle right now...

Comment

For Alabama:

RB Trent Richardson - Will be part of a deep runningback rotation to start the season, but might end up garnering as many carries as returning starter Mark Ingram by the end of the year.

CB: Dre Kirkpatrick - Someone has to be groomed to take over Javier Arenas' starting spot after he graduates. Kirkpatrick is stunningly talented and compares favorably to Antonio Cromartie, in terms of his size/speed combo. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing wide corner in nickel situations with Arenas kicking inside by the halfpoint of the season.

WR: Kendall Kelly - Was hindered by injuries late in his high school career. If he is healthy, he has size/strength/speed/ability comparable to Julio Jones himself. And the receiving spot across from Julio is open. In theory, imagine two Julios on the field at the same time! How do you stop that?!

Comment

The addition of an undersized freshman WR who was not even the best player on his HS team will make the loss of the (without a doubt) best player on UF's roster barely noticeable? That is just dumb.
                            Well that is your opinion, however I say that because it makes their receiving core a lot more threatening and exciting than when they have the likes of, oh let us say Deonte Thompson. I would not fear any of the receivers on the roster really if Debouse did not go to Florida. I am saying Debouse has speed and is a major threat potentially, sure he could be a bust like anyone could, or he could be an absolute monster on the field.

Also it is debatable that Harvin was the best player on the roster, that defense has some extremely talented lineman, linebackers and defensive backs.

Will be only a QB and will be the Perrilloux type player. Should make a significant impact.

I'd say Dominique Allen will have maybe the most impact at FB.

Dude is physically ready for the NFL right now. He's on the left.
                            Then what are they going to do with Jefferson then? Just not play him and play Shepard?

As for the fullback, yeah kid sure does look like a beast, LSU always seems to have a good fullback recently. Had Hester for the longest time, then last year Johnson was pretty damn good as well. I will watch out for Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                              For Alabama:

RB Trent Richardson - Will be part of a deep runningback rotation to start the season, but might end up garnering as many carries as returning starter Mark Ingram by the end of the year.
                              heard Eddie Lacy looks better than Richardson at this point.

Comment

Then what are they going to do with Jefferson then? Just not play him and play Shepard?

As for the fullback, yeah kid sure does look like a beast, LSU always seems to have a good fullback recently. Had Hester for the longest time, then last year Johnson was pretty damn good as well. I will watch out for Allen.
                                Miles named Jefferson the starter for game 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information