Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 2009 Freshman that will make the biggest impact?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the 2009 Freshman that will make the biggest impact?

Matt Barkley QB USC- That is if he does not have to redshirt, but to me he is the incoming freshman that has the most game breaking potential. Combine his quick release and good arm with the Trojan offensive line and receivers, he could be quite a difference maker at QB if he is ready and gets the chance this year.

Marlon Brown WR Georgia- Big tall receiver, fast and has potential to see playing time early, looks like a great target to throw the ball too.

Craig Loston S LSU- Should be the starting safety on LSU and could really help their defense become great. Tall kid that can run, should make a lot of plays for them.

Andre Debouse WR Florida- Real game breaker, small and fast just like they like them. Will make the loss of Harvin almost not even noticeable that is my guess.

Morrell Presley TE UCLA- Real pass catching threat at tight end, obviously a little skinny but still hell to cover regardless.

Trent Richardson RB Alabama- Should see a lot of playing time at running back and do quite well, provides good power and strength.

Manti Te'o OLB Notre Dame- Great upgrade at linebacker and should see action right away for them.

Craig Roh DE Michigan- Real impressive defensive end, would not be surprised if he gets to start early on. Tall kid, good motor and can really attack the passer, real find for Michigan.

Russell Shepard QB LSU- Only question is what about Jefferson, will Shepard get to play much, if he does he will make plays on the field though, simple as that, could potentially be a major X factor for them and be a nightmare matchup.

Brendan Smith CB Georgia- Real fast corner who is long, should fit right in at Georgia and fills a need for them right away.

Justin Chassion DE Oklahoma- Probably will not see much time this year, but if he does he can play and will be a solid end for them for quite some time.

What other freshman will potentially be gamers this year?

Brandon Wegher will be the starting kick returner for Iowa, and may get a few carries.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
      Brandon Wegher will be the starting kick returner for Iowa, and may get a few carries.
      same story prolly with ND for cierre, bryce brown might be a focal point of the vol attack.
      vontaze burflict has a good chance to start for arizona state
      Donte Moss could start for the tar heels
      Darius Winston-Arkansas
      just to name a few more

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Greg Reid and Jaccobi McDaniel

Comment

Patrick Patterson, Tig Barksdale, and Bobby Massie will most likely have big roles for Ole Miss.

Comment

Alex Okafor and Calvin Howell could be big contributors for Texas

I think Greg Timmons is going to be really good but not sure how much PT he gets with the depth at WR

Comment

Logan Thomas & David Wilson for Virginia Tech

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

And I can't believe the OP didn't mention Rueben Randle at LSU.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

I'll list the ones who I think will, they go in order from the Rivals 100, so they aren't in any particular order...

Rueben Randle WR LSU

Sheldon Richardson DT Mizzou

Russell Shepherd QB LSU (one way or the other, whether it's at QB or he spots some plays at wideout)

Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State

Jaccobi McDaniel DT Florida State

Craig Loston S LSU

Andre DeBose WR Florida

Branden Smith DB Georgia

David Wilson RB Va Tech

Patrick Patterson WR Ole Miss (big time stud)

Nu'Keese Richardson WR/RB Tennessee

If I were to pick the freshman with the biggest impact this year, I would pick either Rueben Randle or Jaccobi McDaniel.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Is it just me or is this years group of offensive lineman pretty weak?

Also Patrick Patterson I do not know much about, but is he really that good? Marlon Brown is taller and faster technically according to statistics I looked at.

Comment

I think I heard Loston is out for the season or something of the sort. Either way, I doubt he starts at safety.

For Michigan

Tate Forcier, QB- Whether he's good or not is irrelevant. As the starting QB, he will have an impact one way or the other on Michigan's team.

Denard Robinson, QB- He'll also see time. He's too fast to keep on the bench.

Jeremy Gallon, Slot WR/Return Man- He's a perfect fit for RR's slot WR position. He's got great short-area quickness and COD ability.

Will Campbell, DT- With UM's poor depth at DT, he'll undoubtedly see time, unless Renaldo Sagesse really steps it up.

Justin Turner, DB- If he qualifies, he's pretty much UM's nickel by default. Big corner that can run.

Brendan Gibbons, K- I think he'll win the K job.

Comment

Duron Carter for sure. Of course Adam Homan is probably gonna start at fullback/h-back.

Storm Klein, Jack Mewhort, and Jaamal Berry would be after that. Watch out for Klein.

Comment

Come on Sniper, what about Craig Roh, the kid played quite well in some of the All Star games. And no they are not that stacked at DE.

Jaamal Berry
                          Is that Gary Berry's brother by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                            Come on Sniper, what about Craig Roh, the kid played quite well in some of the All Star games. And no they are not that stacked at DE.
                            You already mentioned him. I don't know how much he's going to play, though. Apparently, he's rail-thin and could really benefit from a RS year. It depends on what guys like Greg Banks, Marell Evans, Steve Watson and Brandon Herron do.

Comment

Well, considering Christine Michael is going likely start at RB, I think he'll make a huge impact for us. Just not... nationally.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information