Mountain West Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4539495

BYU has kicked DB Shiloah Te'o off the team.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4539495

BYU has kicked DB Shiloah Te'o off the team.
      What a shame.. That's like my cousin. We're from the same town

Comment

I know Harvey Unga left but according to some people in Provo the RBs he left behind are no let down.

Highly recruited Freshman Josh Quezada proved that he could be a starter from day one even though he most likely won't be.

Jake Heaps is the most popular person in Provo outside of the General Authorities(insidejoke). He showed that he could start day one but Riley Nelson is no slouch. As far as coach Mendenhall is concerned, the race is dead even between Nelson, Heaps, and James Lark. Jason Munns returns from his mission right before the fall so the QB race should be interesting in Provo.

The defensive line took some major hits losing Jorgensen and Tialavea but the team is confident that So'oto and crew can pick up where these guys left off. The LB crew is still being assembled. The newcomers Zac Stout, Aveni Leung-Wai and Colin Keoshian are all pushing for playing time.

The DBs are still all in tact. Andrew Rich is coming back leading a seasoned defensive backfield.

I'm excited for BYU football in 2010 to say the least. This is the season with the most question marks and for us to pull of some wins and make a bowl win would be classified as a successful season.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
          I know Harvey Unga left but according to some people in Provo the RBs he left behind are no let down.

Highly recruited Freshman Josh Quezada proved that he could be a starter from day one even though he most likely won't be.

Jake Heaps is the most popular person in Provo outside of the General Authorities(insidejoke). He showed that he could start day one but Riley Nelson is no slouch. As far as coach Mendenhall is concerned, the race is dead even between Nelson, Heaps, and James Lark. Jason Munns returns from his mission right before the fall so the QB race should be interesting in Provo.

The defensive line took some major hits losing Jorgensen and Tialavea but the team is confident that So'oto and crew can pick up where these guys left off. The LB crew is still being assembled. The newcomers Zac Stout, Aveni Leung-Wai and Colin Keoshian are all pushing for playing time.

The DBs are still all in tact. Andrew Rich is coming back leading a seasoned defensive backfield.

I'm excited for BYU football in 2010 to say the least. This is the season with the most question marks and for us to pull of some wins and make a bowl win would be classified as a successful season.
          gonna get smoked by UW bruddah
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
            gonna get smoked by UW bruddah
            I dunno bro.. The Dawgz are coming Provo

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              I dunno bro.. The Dawgz are coming Provo
              against a first year QB and RB. I don't know what BYU is gonna do, but i'm taking Jake Locker over Heaps any day of the week.
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Yeah you got a point. But we'll have to see how Heaps progresses through the summer. I can't wait for the season to start to see some new faces on both sides the ball.

Comment

I'll be doing write ups of ever Mountain West team and give season predictions..

I CARE about Mountain West football

Comment

Looks like Utah is about to head to the Pac10. It's a sad day for MWC athletics. It makes me curious if they will invite a school like Houston or SMU now that there is a huge gap left by the departing Utes.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Utah will begin play in Pac-10 in 2011.

Craig Thompson says he's gotten phone calls from 8 to 10 teams with interest in MWC, but they are staying at 9

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        Looks like Utah is about to head to the Pac10. It's a sad day for MWC athletics. It makes me curious if they will invite a school like Houston or SMU now that there is a huge gap left by the departing Utes.
                        Houston is a good idea. I was starting to really get revved up about MWC before Utah bolted. If they want a BCS automatic qualifier they may need to think about changing the geographic footprint of the conference.

Comment

Craig Thompson says he's gotten phone calls from 8 to 10 teams with interest in MWC, but they are staying at 9. The fact is, there's no team out there the MWC could take that wouldn't drag down its avg BCS ranking, hurt AQ case.

WHO DAT!

Comment

**** the Utes

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5299078

Yup, MWC staying at 9.

Can't see them getting an auto-bid even if they added anyone that's left to add. At least not for a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5299078

Yup, MWC staying at 9.

Can't see them getting an auto-bid even if they added anyone that's left to add. At least not for a couple years.
                                I don't think they ever will be getting an Auto-bid. In my opinion, the BCS was anxious about making the MWC an AQ conference because it would now create 7 conferences which would alter what is "working" for the BCS. I doubt there will ever be a school which has the caliber of athletic programs like Utah that will be available to be added to the MWC. Their best chance is by adding universities like Houston, Fresno State, and maybe SMU, Tulsa, or Nevada.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information