Best position GROUPS of All-Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    You're gonna wanna cut the votes down. You're not going to get 10 votes for each position. Make it like 5 or 7.
    I'll go 7 since that's my favorite number.

Comment

1983 Miami

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        Basically discuss and possibly vote for the best group from what year and college is best at the position. Example: '06 LSU WRs, '01 Georgia D-Line, '95 Nebraska backfield.

I'm not sure how to group the QBs, but everything else should work.

Quarterback Group

Backfield Group

Receiving Group

Tight End Group

O-Line Group

D-Line Group

Linebacker Group

Defensive Backfield Group
        question, is it who had the collection of talent that year, or the best talent that actually played that same year and contributed?

Comment

USC 02 Palmer, Leinart, Cassel

It is not even close, if you just consider quarterbacks on the roster at the same time. No one can compete with this, what third string QB, a QB that literally never plays becomes more than just a good starter in the NFL. It is them hands down, not even close!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
            USC 02 Palmer, Leinart, Cassel

It is not even close, if you just consider quarterbacks on the roster at the same time. No one can compete with this, what third string QB, a QB that literally never plays becomes more than just a good starter in the NFL. It is them hands down, not even close!
            Miami 1983 is just as good if not better.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

YAY, surpried you didn't vote for 1981 BYU (Jim McMahon, Steve Young)

Comment

Johnathan Sullivan
                i will murder ANYONE who mentions this guys name again. GOT IT. it's not hard to see who my favorite team is, so SHUT IT WHEN IT COMES TO HIM.

Comment

Yes you can find two quarterbacks on the same roster, but I was making the point you most likely will not be able to find three.

2005 Boston College offensive line:
                  Jeremy Trueblood, Josh Beekman, Gosder Cherilus, James Marten, Pat Ross

Comment

i will murder ANYONE who mentions this guys name again. GOT IT. it's not hard to see who my favorite team is, so SHUT IT WHEN IT COMES TO HIM.
                    He was only a freshman back then, but is still a name when one is looking for names;)

1998 Florida State Receivers
                    Peter Warrick, Laveranues Coles, Snoop Minnis, Atrews Bell, Talman Gardner, Ron Dugans.

Now that is a damn ass receiving core!
                    Last edited by Ozzy; 08-19-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                      i personally HATE that chump too. i remember when i was looking at draft bust and i remembered him and i....don't even want to talk about him anymore.

Comment

He was only a freshman back then, but is still a name when one is looking for names;)

Peter Warrick, Laveranues Coles, Snoop Minnis, Atrews Bell, Talman Gardner, Ron Dugans.

The year before was better with EG Green. Remember him lol

Comment

id vote for anyone named snoop

Comment

1998 Ohio State Buckeyes defensive backs
                            Antonie Winfield, Nate Clements, Ahmed Plummer, Gary Berry

Star power Ohio State has it, but not the depth...

2004 LSU Defensive backs
                            LaRon Landry, Corey Webster, Craig Steltz, Travis Daniels, Ronnie Prude, Curtis Taylor, Jesse Daniels, Chevis Jackson, Jonathan Zenon

Now that group is another quite kick ass collection. Hard to find anyone that beats that! It is insane, they were all on the 2004 roster, you have like two very solid groups and could divide them into two!

Then check out the D-line that same year

2004 LSU Tigers Defensive line
                            Glenn Dorsey, Marcus Spears, Claude Wroten, Marlon Favorite, Tyson Jackson, Kyle Williams, Termaine Johnson, Melvin Oliver, Chase Pittman, Kirston Pittman and Charles Alexander.

And they won the National Title the year before this roster!
                            Last edited by Ozzy; 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Early 2000's Miami Hurricanes squad: Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Clinton Portis, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, Jonathan Vilma, D.J. Williams, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Phillip Buchanon, Antrel Rolle, Bryant McKinnie, Vernon Carey, Vince Wilfork. Few others that aren't coming to me at this second. That's the most talented NCAA team ever. BY FAR.

Comment

2004 LSU Tigers Defensive line
                                Glenn Dorsey, Marcus Spears, Claude Wroten, Marlon Favorite, Tyson Jackson, Kyle Williams, Termaine Johnson, Melvin Oliver, Chase Pittman, Kirston Pittman and Charles Alexander.

And they won the National Title the year before this roster!
                                this is ftw

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information