Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Matt Barkley era at USC begins

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4426998

History's being made. I almost didn't think this would happen, but maybe Pete learned his lesson from playing Booty in '06 and '07 instead of Sanchez.

This isn't guaranteed for the entire season, and Barkley won't be an All American right away. But what's important is that he gets this year of experience. If he can perform solidly this season and keep the job, lookout for what could be special years in '10, '11 and '12.

Barkley's got a great opportunity. Anything above JD Booty and he'll be golden.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

To get that praise at Quarterback University is something. Carrol loves him but I'm not sure whether they are setting him up for a downfall, cause if he slips they can easily bring in their backup and get solid play out of them. I also feel bad for Mitch Mustain, a touted QB that was always blocked everywhere. Wonder what happens to him

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
        To get that praise at Quarterback University is something. Carrol loves him but I'm not sure whether they are setting him up for a downfall, cause if he slips they can easily bring in their backup and get solid play out of them. I also feel bad for Mitch Mustain, a touted QB that was always blocked everywhere. Wonder what happens to him
        He won't play at all but will still get a chance in the NFL.

I wish Barkley all the luck. Has to be a great honor for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
          If he can perform solidly this season and keep the job, lookout for what could be special years in '10, '11 and '12.
          If he can perform solidly as a freshman QB at USC, 2012 will be his rookie year in the NFL.

Comment

Pryor vs Barkley on the 12th, can't wait.

Comment

Really a great oppurtunity for the kid. I wonder if he's gonna get paid more throughout his college career or his rookie season. Tough call.

Comment

Guess there's a 1st time for everything, SC starting a freshman QB.

Not so bad when their nickname is Tailback U, hand it off 3 times as much as he passes the ball......

Comment

To get that praise at Quarterback University is something.
                  How about getting praised at his own HS? The coach said he's the best QB he's ever coached and that includes Matt Leinart and Colt Brennan. I know, coaches always say that, but in Barkley's case, it may be true.

Comment

Matt Barkley will make Terrell Pryor look like a joke. Barkely will be one of the top 4 finishers in the Heisman race too.

Love everything about the kid. Happy for him because I knew nothing about Corp. Mustain must be so sick. Feel bad for him. I thought he deserved a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Barkely will be one of the top 4 finishers in the Heisman race too.
                      This year? No way.

Comment

I also feel bad for Mitch Mustain, a touted QB that was always blocked everywhere. Wonder what happens to him
                        Well, the last QB who got drafted out of USC without actually ever starting there seems to have turned out pretty well. :D

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play and hopefully live up to his hype. I won't compare and Pryor just yet because they are two different qb's. And definitely no way Barkley finishes top 4 in Heisman voting lol.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                            This year? No way.
                            I tend to make bold statements that I can't cash in from time to time. I do it for fun cause it's out of the box. ...and this one is out of the box for sure. He will be up there in his career though. Cash that in and call me homey. :p

Comment

I think the Chris O'Dowd injury is gonna be even bigger now with Barkley at the helm.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information