Zero excuses for Charlie Weis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
    Yeah but if they make it this year, it won't be because of an easy schedule..............
    I agree that the schedule is favourable but its not that easy either. Its not like penn state for instance.
    Yes the ND schedule is favorable. But the Florida schedule is even more favorable. The only SEC West power they face is LSU, I hope the Bayou Bengals humble them.

The ND wussy schedule will save Weis' job more than anything else. But if they tank again, the Golden Domer alumni will be screaming for his head on a pole before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Schedule looks like a Pac-10 schedule. You get the two patsies in Wash. and WSU then have a decent Stanford to play. I think all the Irish games are winable but 10-2 will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        Schedule looks like a Pac-10 schedule. You get the two patsies in Wash. and WSU then have a decent Stanford to play. I think all the Irish games are winable but 10-2 will be tough.
        10-2 will be tough? On paper i see them as favorites every game except for USC. Maybe they'll slip up a game or two but if Charlie prepares them well enough i could see ND going 11-1.
        Peyton Manning Fanboy
        Originally posted by Complex
        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
          10-2 will be tough? On paper i see them as favorites every game except for USC. Maybe they'll slip up a game or two but if Charlie prepares them well enough i could see ND going 11-1.
          at the moment I dont think we are the favourite @Pitt to be honest. If ND plays up to potential they will be on gameday but I believe Pitt is a 3 point favourite or something like that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Go Nevada!!! Really though Collin Kaepernick is going to stomp all over them. This could be his coming out party. Problem though is Clausen will have a field day against Nevada who had the worst pass defense in D1 football last year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

weis dissapointed me yesterday (no not saturday, sunday) when he responded to a question of a journalist about the officiating in a presser. should have just said that he didnt respond to that sort of questions imo.
              I have always been on the side of charlie and i still want him to succeed but he really shouldnt have done that. It shows disrespect to an opponent who played their hearts out and an officiating crew that although they did have a few screwups I assume just called the game to the best of their abilities and worst of all it comes across as an excuse for his (and the team's) own failure.

Was really dissappointed

- No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Weis' answers to the media are always a bit off. The guy is an a-hole and he can't help but come across as one. There's nothing wrong with being an a-hole (other than....you know...it makes you an a-hole).....but if you're a losing a-hole then you're just making things harder for yourself.

The way he answered a question about the weak schedule was kind of prickish too. The guy just can't not come across as a dick.

Comment

The only benefit I see for Notre Dame hiring Weis in the first place after he's dismissed is, he was able to raise the profile of the program in the mind of many 5 star prospects.

Hopefully the next coach can maintain that image and use it to produce some wins.

Why am I not surprised that every last one of Belichick's assistants is a brick of sh#t once you scratch beneath the surface??

Couldn't happen to a better guy, IMO. Sux about his daughter though.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    They might surprise people and show up in a BCS game this season.
                    By show up. You mean attend? Then yes.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      weis dissapointed me yesterday (no not saturday, sunday) when he responded to a question of a journalist about the officiating in a presser. should have just said that he didnt respond to that sort of questions imo.
                      I have always been on the side of charlie and i still want him to succeed but he really shouldnt have done that. It shows disrespect to an opponent who played their hearts out and an officiating crew that although they did have a few screwups I assume just called the game to the best of their abilities and worst of all it comes across as an excuse for his (and the team's) own failure.

Was really dissappointed
                      I don't know or care what he said about the officiating but let's be serious the refs were terrible. Michael Floyd was getting his forearm hooked on one play and no call. Sam Young pancakes some dude and gets an offensive holding. The refs sucked and the Irish almost as much.

Charlie has mental lapses down the stretch in games, he did it last year and was doing it saturday. He has Clausen rolling to his right repeatedly to try to find guys near the goal line. This pretty much reduces the field by about 2/3rds, it doesnt work Charlie. He also screwed up by not just running the ball on their second to last drive, one they didnt have Floyd and two it is what they do in the NFL, make the other team have to drive the field without timeouts. I'm not sure how he got the big rep coming from the pros but he seems to have forgotten everything he knew there.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        I don't know or care what he said about the officiating but let's be serious the refs were terrible. Michael Floyd was getting his forearm hooked on one play and no call. Sam Young pancakes some dude and gets an offensive holding. The refs sucked and the Irish almost as much.

Charlie has mental lapses down the stretch in games, he did it last year and was doing it saturday. He has Clausen rolling to his right repeatedly to try to find guys near the goal line. This pretty much reduces the field by about 2/3rds, it doesnt work Charlie. He also screwed up by not just running the ball on their second to last drive, one they didnt have Floyd and two it is what they do in the NFL, make the other team have to drive the field without timeouts. I'm not sure how he got the big rep coming from the pros but he seems to have forgotten everything he knew there.
                        I agree the refs were terrible, I was fuming but charlie should keep that sort of reactions outside of the press, that is all im saying.

Also the playcalling was fine untill the end of the game where he made some insane calls. He can obtain leads really good but his playcalling takes a tumble when he has to keep a lead

- No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          He can obtain leads really good but his playcalling takes a tumble when he has to keep a lead
                          Agreed, he has brilliant play calling to take the lead but then he gets conservative and calls some weak plays.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                            Agreed, he has brilliant play calling to take the lead but then he gets conservative and calls some weak plays.
                            Sounds like a Seinfeld episode, 'He can get the lead he just cant hold the lead'.

Comment

Hate Clausen, but this seems rather kind and respectful of him:
                              "One thing I saw that maybe people wouldn't have noticed is that when the game ended, [Jimmy] Clausen walked over to Forcier, and while Forcier was being interviewed by ESPN, stood there by himself while his teammates went up the tunnel, Michigan players celebrating all around him.

"He patiently waited for Forcier to finish the interview, and then congratulated the kid, and said, 'That was a great throw and a great drive. I wish it would have worked out differently, but that was a great throw and a great drive.'"

Comment

Sportsmanship should never be be under-appreciated.

Big-ups for Clausen 'cause I surely would have already been in the shower.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information