USC vs Ohio State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soybean View Post
    should've made this a poll; would've been fun to see the results.
    Make a second thread with a poll in hopes that the mods combine them. Easy fix.

Comment

Who will win, USC or Ohio State?

I'm making this thread so there can be a poll. Hopefully the mods will merge it with the existing thread

Comment

The OSU D-Line/USC O-Line matchup should be worth watching. This is the best DLine we've had since the national title DLine (which was probably best in school history)....and USC's Oline is really loaded.

Comment

the rest of the team i'm not gonna even get started with.

Comment

Is it just me or did the poll get jacked up in the merge?
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

I know I'm not confident. That USC defense is really good, should get alot of pressure on Pryor. Im not expecting the Buckeyes to score much. Pryor still hasnt proven he has agood enough arm to stretch the field. Its gonna take a game like Young had for the offense to pull this one off.

Unless our defense can step up and play alot better than last week we don't stand a chance. We need to stop the run and get an early lead. Putting pressure on Barkley to win the game is the only way we have a shot.

That said, Ill take USC 31- 17

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                Is it just me or did the poll get jacked up in the merge?
                No, it got jacked it.

Comment

Trying to fix the poll.

Ok, I got it fixed.
                  Last edited by P-L; 09-07-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    I know I'm not confident. That USC defense is really good, should get alot of pressure on Pryor. Im not expecting the Buckeyes to score much. Pryor still hasnt proven he has agood enough arm to stretch the field. Its gonna take a game like Young had for the offense to pull this one off.

Unless our defense can step up and play alot better than last week we don't stand a chance. We need to stop the run and get an early lead. Putting pressure on Barkley to win the game is the only way we have a shot.

That said, Ill take USC 31- 17
                    I think there are enough question marks with some of the new SC defenders to make it interesting. My guess is Pete will have Taylor Mays spying Pryor quite a bit. Offensively the Trojans miss Kris Odowd (not sure of his status) but they have so many horses in the backfield i cant see the Buckeyes hanging in there. My guess is Barkley will throw more than most of us think because the Buckeyes will load up on the run. It'll be a big upset to me if the Trojans lose.

Comment

I definately think the defense will attempt to stop the run, stack the box and make Barkley prove he can carry the offense.

Stopping that run game will be hard enough. We had major problems stopping Navy's run game last week. USC could run all over the field.

Major key for the Buckeyes is getting an early lead. If you let USC score first it really takes some of the pressure off Barkley. I think scoring first would be huge for OSU.

Our only shot is a huge game from from Pryor, a great defensive effort, and Barkley choking on the big stage.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I think the Buckeyes will most definitely win.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          I think there are enough question marks with some of the new SC defenders to make it interesting. My guess is Pete will have Taylor Mays spying Pryor quite a bit. Offensively the Trojans miss Kris Odowd (not sure of his status) but they have so many horses in the backfield i cant see the Buckeyes hanging in there. My guess is Barkley will throw more than most of us think because the Buckeyes will load up on the run. It'll be a big upset to me if the Trojans lose.
                          O'Dowd is supposed to return for the game, and SC is supposed to also get Armstead back.

OSU had a lot of line problems against Navy, I expect them to get most of those issues solved from their standpoint by the time SC comes by. Whether it works is another matter.

Pryor still has to show he can pass (and have an OSU receiver step up) because Mays probably will be the spy and dare OSU to throw.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information