Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Didn't even realize that Zach Maynard threw for 400 today.
    It ended up being a bad loss and there were a lot of yards after the catch today, but 400 and 4 TD against a BCS team in his second career start is pretty nice.
    Roosevelt could've had huge numbers if he didn't keep cramping up in the second half. We were killing them with slants, and nobody else on this team can touch what he does in that kind of space.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
      I only caught the 4th qtr of the GA/S. Carolina game- How did Garcia look?
      Really good, actually. He was staying in the pocket much longer and making plenty of plays with his feet. He could have had an even bigger game if it wasnt for penalties. His accuracy was dead on for the majority of the game, despite completing just under 60%. We need get Tori Gurley to catch all these passes that are bouncing off his chest and face mask. Garcia needs to put more on most of his deep balls and he needs to work on keeping his eyes downfield when being rushed but, he may just become a star after all. It looks like he's finally arrived.

      I also have to mention that our pass blocking was fantastic tonight. Cant run block to save their lives but, they can hold their own against the pass now. Garcia has time, a giant reliable TE (soon to be recognized as one of the best in the nation), and a stable of exciting young receivers. He should have a big year.

      I'm really disappointed but, atleast it looks like we finally found a QB. But if we won this one, they could have gone on a nice little run. They may make some noise this year and next season could be their year to shine. Considering almost everyone is coming back.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-13-2009, 04:39 AM.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • Just watched the UCLA @ Tennessee game.
        WTF is the point of video reviews when they get it wrong after the review????
        Its like the third time ive seen it in two games this weekend.


        Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
          I hate this Purdue QB, but I loveeeeeee watching Oregon lose
          Just imagine how the past six years have been for me. :)

          I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

          Comment


          • Last night's game was amazing. The intensity of the crowd was unreal, especially around mid fourth quarter, the loudest I have heard it since the two years I have been here. They played a great game and I think it would have had a different result had Tressel and Co. knew how to call a game.

            A couple things...Devier Posey is a stud. He was motivated throughout the entire game and if Pryor develops as projected, Posey is going to be one of the best WR's in the nation. Also, Nathan Williams, a situational pass-rusher (sophomore) has a bright future ahead of him. He is very explosive and uses his hands extremely well.

            Great environment last night, just a shame it ended the way it did.

            BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JFLO View Post
              Last night's game was amazing. The intensity of the crowd was unreal, especially around mid fourth quarter, the loudest I have heard it since the two years I have been here. They played a great game and I think it would have had a different result had Tressel and Co. knew how to call a game.

              A couple things...Devier Posey is a stud. He was motivated throughout the entire game and if Pryor develops as projected, Posey is going to be one of the best WR's in the nation. Also, Nathan Williams, a situational pass-rusher (sophomore) has a bright future ahead of him. He is very explosive and uses his hands extremely well.

              Great environment last night, just a shame it ended the way it did.
              Great game, not sure if you were there or watched it. I agree on your points, Tressel must have gone to the same coaching school as Charlie Weis who was brutal down the stretch against Michigan. Pete Carroll is a great coach, he hung in there best he could knowing that OL at some point with Joe McNight getting his touches would have a chance.

              I think Pryor gets crucified a little too much. Personally i think he's probably going to be a WR (sort of Matt Jones like) but he's a heck of an athlete.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                To me it sounds like you are talking about more than just tonight. You need to realize that until this year Taylor was not asked to be a factor in the run game. Until this year he has played the centerfield in a cover 1 defense and has been the reason that USC does not give up any deep balls.

                This year he has been moved around a little bit, they are asking him to play some more in the box and until he got hurt tonight he was very successful at that. He was getting down hill and stopping the run, and was being very physical. Once he got hurt, it looked like they put him in the outfield a little bit.
                This is the same excuse making you always hear from USC fans in regards to Taylor Mays. It's complete and utter BS if you ask me.

                If Taylor Mays is really as good as USC fans like to make him out to be, then why on earth wouldn't a coaching staff as smart as USC's put him in the best position to make game changing plays, instead of just asking him not to give up a big play.

                Does that even remotely make any sense to do that?

                Comment




                • jack tatum. still badass, haha.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    This is the same excuse making you always hear from USC fans in regards to Taylor Mays. It's complete and utter BS if you ask me.

                    If Taylor Mays is really as good as USC fans like to make him out to be, then why on earth wouldn't a coaching staff as smart as USC's put him in the best position to make game changing plays, instead of just asking him not to give up a big play.

                    Does that even remotely make any sense to do that?
                    He does what they need him to do, Last night you saw him flying to the ball and making a difference until he got hurt, and he kinda got lost.

                    you gotta realize that they put him in position to do what he does best. They dont ask him to do more than that.



                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      He does what they need him to do, Last night you saw him flying to the ball and making a difference until he got hurt, and he kinda got lost.

                      you gotta realize that they put him in position to do what he does best. They dont ask him to do more than that.
                      Yeah lay people out, my bad lay WR out.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information