No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Notre Dame will win this one because of a little more experience at the widouts and the QB position. Not sure the Irish could stop a strong running game but i dont know if Michigan has that. Look for the Irish secondary, especially Harrison Smith, to have a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      I think Notre Dame will win this one because of a little more experience at the widouts and the QB position. Not sure the Irish could stop a strong running game but i dont know if Michigan has that. Look for the Irish secondary, especially Harrison Smith, to have a big game.
      I think a strong running game is something we actually do have. Against Western Michigan, we didn't really use a go-to guy but had over 200 rushing yards. Carlos Brown, Brandon Minor, and Michael Shaw are all decent backs, and Vincent Smith has looked great in every camp. So IMO the run game isn't a big problem.

The thing with Notre Dame that scares me is the passing game. Warren and Cissoko will get roughed up a bit by Tate and Floyd, but what scares me is the depth behind them, and having to rely on Stevie Brown covering TEs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        I know USC/Ohio State is the marquee game of the week, but for some reason, I'm actually looking forward to Notre Dame/Michigan a lot more.
        Agreed. It's the most important game of the year for ND imo. Tennessee/UCLA is another game I'm looking forward to.

Comment

Really am interested in the upcoming weekend. Gotta find a way to get my physics report done in the morning so I can catch ND versus Michigan. Given that I live in NY, there is not a lot of regional action except for Rutgers and they kinda showed versus Cincy that its going to be a down year. I think this game will put Claussen further in the Heisman discussion (though the USC will probably be the big one that will either crush his status or make him a legit contender). I also want to see USC v. OSU, cause they have perhaps the most hyped QB's in college football. I want to see how Barkley can do against a team that can take away the run, and I want to see if Pryor can step up his game versus a team he could face in a national championship

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

OSU couldn't take away the run against Navy, I doubt they'll be able to slow down USC's stable of runningback. If USC stays committed to the run, they'll get the win.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
              OSU couldn't take away the run against Navy, I doubt they'll be able to slow down USC's stable of runningback. If USC stays committed to the run, they'll get the win.
              I dunno, it may be more of they just couldn't stop the option. I'd like to see how they do versus a Pro style running attack.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Don't get ahead of yourself, just take a win.
                I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'd want to spank them even if we were a team that's supposed to go 0-12 this year.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Rebs get a bye this week.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    I really want payback against UCLA for last year's debacle. I'm talking like, 28 points or more payback.
                    I think this game will show where you guys are... I expect you to win, but by how much will be the real display of how far you've come.

Comment

The athleticism of Florida State scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        Cincinatti against Oregon State should determine how well the greatest QB prospect ever, Tony Pike, does against a very new Oregon State defense.

Getting ahead of yourself there, huh?

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                        The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                        I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                          I think this game will show where you guys are... I expect you to win, but by how much will be the real display of how far you've come.
                          I'm expecting a win solely because the game will be in Neyland. After whomping WKU 63-7 the previous week, attendance will be around at least 105,000. That can be a huge advantage over a team coming from the west coast. Back in '06, a highly favored and ranked California team came in and got thrashed by the Vols, and the final score was only respectable because the Tennessee coaches took their foot off the gas. If UCLA gets the similar "deer in the headlights" look, I doubt Kiffin will pull back - not with Florida next week.

I also think that this game would be the perfect trap game had Tennessee won that close game at UCLA last season. But since they lost, their focus will be on redemption rather than their SEC opener in Florida the next week.

Also, kinda off topic, but UCLA has some ridiculously hot cheerleaders. Like, no joke.

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

http://coedmagazine.com/2009/08/24/t...s-of-the-week/

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

I'm going to have to go to UCLA

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

auburn vs miss st can only go up from the 3-2 showing of last year. haha

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information