Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Jerrell Powe has finally been named a starter at DT for Ole Miss opposite Lawon Scott for saturdays game against SE Louisiana (school from The Waterboy?). Ted Laurent will be rotating in; Scott, Laurent, and Powe each saw pretty much equal time against Memphis. Powe was dominant though, he was in the backfield all day and was getting doubled a lot. He has got his weight under control, he is down from the mid 380s to around 330. He is the real deal now, I know there is the intelligence issue but the guy can flat out play DT.

    The news of Powe starting is actually big news, a lot of people know his saga which was resolved when he was cleared to play last summer. However, he didn't get much playing time last year as he was out of shape and still a work in progress. The coaches deceided to give him some time against Miss St. last year and he responded with two sacks and an interception. The staff felt he was ready for Memphis and he was our best defensive lineman, had two sacks in that game and was blowing plays up.

    This is another soft game for Ole Miss, but we need it. Swine flu hit the team pretty hard, we had 23 cases on the team inculding Snead and Dex. By the way, the coaches aren't playing Hardy because of his ankle. If this guy wants to get drafted where he thinks he will he needs to stay healthy.

    Comment


    • #32
      Treat,

      Arizona is going to look a lot like South Carolina last year defensively, with a shiftier running back, and equally inexperienced quarterback.

      I'm not making a prediction either way at this point. You have to like the spread being -6.5 in favor of Iowa, especially considering the lack of respect the Big Ten seems to get in home.

      Example: Notre Dame being favored at Michigan, USC being favored at Ohio State.

      Comment


      • #33
        Barkley listed as doubtful for the UW game, could be interesting to see what Corp has.

        And this is a trap game if there ever is one for SC, but the loss last year to Oregon State after OSU should at least get them ready to play....

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
          Jerrell Powe has finally been named a starter at DT for Ole Miss opposite Lawon Scott for saturdays game against SE Louisiana (school from The Waterboy?). Ted Laurent will be rotating in; Scott, Laurent, and Powe each saw pretty much equal time against Memphis. Powe was dominant though, he was in the backfield all day and was getting doubled a lot. He has got his weight under control, he is down from the mid 380s to around 330. He is the real deal now, I know there is the intelligence issue but the guy can flat out play DT.

          The news of Powe starting is actually big news, a lot of people know his saga which was resolved when he was cleared to play last summer. However, he didn't get much playing time last year as he was out of shape and still a work in progress. The coaches deceided to give him some time against Miss St. last year and he responded with two sacks and an interception. The staff felt he was ready for Memphis and he was our best defensive lineman, had two sacks in that game and was blowing plays up.

          This is another soft game for Ole Miss, but we need it. Swine flu hit the team pretty hard, we had 23 cases on the team inculding Snead and Dex. By the way, the coaches aren't playing Hardy because of his ankle. If this guy wants to get drafted where he thinks he will he needs to stay healthy.
          SE Louisiana isn't the school from the Waterboy. That was the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs. I graduated from SE Louisiana; we had just started up our football program from a twenty+ year hiatus and really shouldn't have.

          We won't even be a speed bump for Ole Miss.

          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            SE Louisiana isn't the school from the Waterboy. That was the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs. I graduated from SE Louisiana; we had just started up our football program from a twenty+ year hiatus and really shouldn't have.

            We won't even be a speed bump for Ole Miss.
            I thought the Waterboy was supposed be a parody of the SW Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. You know, all those bad jks. about a crawfish mascot "sucking the head," all the girls are called "Cher," the school where 50% of the roster is named Landry or Hebert, etc. I thought the incoherent asst. coach was the funniest thing about that movie.

            Cheer up diabsoule, Bama fans recall what happened when Shula overlooked SE Louisiana 2 yrs. ago & they hung an L on the Tide..... That was Mike Shula's problem, he thought he was still coaching in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
              Treat,

              Arizona is going to look a lot like South Carolina last year defensively, with a shiftier running back, and equally inexperienced quarterback.

              I'm not making a prediction either way at this point. You have to like the spread being -6.5 in favor of Iowa, especially considering the lack of respect the Big Ten seems to get in home.

              Example: Notre Dame being favored at Michigan, USC being favored at Ohio State.
              What's up with Bulaga and his mystery illness, swine flu?

              Comment


              • #37
                Bulaga has a thyroid condition. He may or may not play this weekend.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by benchod View Post
                  Barkley listed as doubtful for the UW game, could be interesting to see what Corp has.

                  And this is a trap game if there ever is one for SC, but the loss last year to Oregon State after OSU should at least get them ready to play....
                  Barkley didnt throw yesterday but not a word yet on whether he'll play.

                  I'm not sure about a trap game, next week they play Wazoo before taking on Cal and Notre Dame, that would probably more of a trap. With the whole Sarkisian and Holt thing and an errant prediciton by one of the Huskies i doubt they wont be ready. When Washington wins i dont want to hear about the Trojans looking ahead.:)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    I thought the Waterboy was supposed be a parody of the SW Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. You know, all those bad jks. about a crawfish mascot "sucking the head," all the girls are called "Cher," the school where 50% of the roster is named Landry or Hebert, etc. I thought the incoherent asst. coach was the funniest thing about that movie.

                    Cheer up diabsoule, Bama fans recall what happened when Shula overlooked SE Louisiana 2 yrs. ago & they hung an L on the Tide..... That was Mike Shula's problem, he thought he was still coaching in the NFL.
                    Yeah, it was ULL that they were making fun of in The Waterboy. That was ULM that beat Alabama 2 years ago. SE Louisiana has never beaten a FBS opponent.

                    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Lets HOPE Royster can finally get going this game.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Come on, everybody!

                        Lets. Go. Canes.

                        Lets. Go. Canes.

                        Lets. Go. Canes.

                        Lets. Go. Canes.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Is anyone listening to Holtz right now? I know I shouldn't be suprised but I can't seem to understand how Mark May hasn't broken him over his knee.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by djp View Post
                            Come on, everybody!

                            Lets. Go. Canes.

                            Lets. Go. Canes.

                            Lets. Go. Canes.

                            Lets. Go. Canes.
                            Trying to be neutral on this one so excuse me if i dont get too rah rah for the Canes. What time does the game start? listening to the the 3 stooges here is pretty painful.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              nesbit may not be able to throw the ball in the right half of the field but he is a pretty sweet runner


                              Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                                Is anyone listening to Holtz right now? I know I shouldn't be suprised but I can't seem to understand how Mark May hasn't broken him over his knee.
                                absolutely stupid. i cant stand it.


                                RIP, Sean Taylor.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information