X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Gameday Thread: Week 3

Discuss week 3 games.

Lot of good games this week.

Big ACC Coastal match up Thursday night with Georgia Tech at Miami.

Some more average noon games. Cal/Minnesota, ECU/NC, Louisville/Kentucky highlight those games. Good afternoon match ups with Tenn @ UF, USC @ Washington, Nebraska @ VT, and Sparty @ Notre Dame. Georgia/Arkansas, WVU/Auburn and TT/Texas are the late games.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule
    Last edited by draftguru151; 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Some nice looking games this week. Not OSU, we get Toledo. I doubt even Tressel can find a way to **** that one up.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Georgia Tech at Miami (FL)
      ---Even though people are overrating the Canes after a win against a horrible Florida State team, they still get the win, barely.

Boise State at Fresno State
      ---I'm calling for the upset here, I don't see Boise State finishing the season undefeated. They'll stumble somewhere, so why not here?

Tennessee at Florida
      ---Not even close.

Nebraska at Virginia Tech
      ---I don't think it will be as close as the rankings indicate.

Michigan State at Notre Dame
      Cincinnati at Oregon State

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Clausen should have yet another good game this week against Michigan State.

Pumped to see the Miami/Georgia Tech game. That could have a lot of ACC weight later in the season.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Is anyone here a fan of Arizona, or familiar with them at all?

I'm curious as to how their offense has looked thus far, even though their all universe TE hasn't played but will Saturday.

Comment

Florida State's athleticism scares me. I don't know how my Cougars will match up with their athletes.

Comment

I think Iowa-Arizona will be a pretty entertaining game, even for fans not of either team, and it'll be on ABC/ESPN in the afternoon.

For those who like these types of stories, and didn't know, Arizona's coach is Mike Stoops and his brother Mark is on the staff as well, and both, along with older brother Bob, coach of Oklahoma, played for and coached at Iowa under Hayden Fry. This is a pretty sweet article talking about Stoops's homecoming and the Stoops family connection to Iowa:

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/wildcats/308897

No. 41 is also worn for eternity by the Stoops' father, Ron, who was buried in the gold and black jersey at his 1988 funeral in Youngstown, Ohio. The family's ties to the Hawkeyes were so great that the esteemed Hayden Fry, coach of the Stoops brothers, was told that Ron Stoops was about to buried in a traditional coat and tie.
              With the help of Mike's mother, Dee, the former Iowa coach helped change Ron's coffin outfit, removing coat and tie, and replacing it with jersey No. 41.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                Florida State's athleticism scares me. I don't know how my Cougars will match up with their athletes.

Thats my pick for upset of the week. I'd feel alot better if it was at in Florida tho.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  Thats my pick for upset of the week. I'd feel alot better if it was at in Florida tho.
                  You and I are bitter enemies till the day that I die

Comment

I don't know about Florida State beating BYU. They have a greater talent level, but they didn't separate from Jacksonville State like they should have last week. We'll see.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                      Tennessee at Florida
                      ---Not even close.
                      Going to watch just to see Kiffin get his words shoved down his throat.

Nebraska at Virginia Tech
                      ---I don't think it will be as close as the rankings indicate.
                      I'll be pulling for Bo

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing how Washington plays against USC. Looking forward to UGA/Arky and WVU/Auburn.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                          Going to watch just to see Kiffin get his words shoved down his throat.

ESPN pundits will use the term "locker room printed material" for the Gators hyping this game about 430 times this wk.

Comment

Where's Sniper? Don't forget I have a sig bet with you on the UF-UT game this weekend. I get 20 points and UT.

Comment

Gators seem to try and create an illusion of a tough schedule by hyping this game way up.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information