Could USC's Corp Take Barkleys Job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 619 View Post
    Not that I don't like Barkley, but Corp would instantly open up our playbook so much more. Right now our offense is too vanilla for my liking. I understand he's a true freshman, however, this act could only be kept up for so long until someone exploits it badly. After seeing how effective Barkley's recent predecessors have played after sitting for a while, especially Sanchez, ideally I'd like the same to have been done here, even if it were for one season. Either way I have total faith in Pete, like how could I not?
    I am a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
      I am a dumbass.

Comment

Corp should have a fine career at Cal Poly

Comment

To answer the topic, the answer is no. Corp stares down his receivers way too long. Barkley is the better option at QB right now.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            Corp should have a fine career at Cal Poly
            Maybe he can come to Cal Poly Pomona and resurrect our nonexistent football program, maybe bring back Jim Zorn after he gets fired after this season.

PS Maybe someone should tell him Barden is gone...

Comment

There goes everybody treating Corp like he's a future first rounder. I seriously did not get how anybody was in that camp. Dude hadn't even started a game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I thought this was interesting, Matt Barkeley (Mater Dei) and Aaron Corp (Orange Lutheran) stats in games against each other. Corp won both games but Matt Barkley was only a Freshman/Sophomore. The first one was Barkley's first high school game.

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/Mlx...-santa-ana.htm

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/0kT...ran-orange.htm

Comment

Corp was utterly useless....Here i thought he'd actually be good....I would have much rather taken my chances with Mitch..

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

After today, the answer is no

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      oh and believe me, this is not our only loss of this season. Cal is a definite loss and probably one other...

hello holiday bowl nice to meet you.
                      You're cracking me up Soybean, but you might be right. It's normal to have growing pains with so much turnover, but SC has done it seemlessly for so many years that you come to expect it.

It's evident now what Pete saw in Barkeley now. That last drive was against Ohio St. was incredible for a true freshman.

As far as the Cal game, I'm not counting my chickens, but there are chinks in the USC armor at the moment. When Mays and Barkeley are back in, everything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                        Corp was utterly useless....Here i thought he'd actually be good....I would have much rather taken my chances with Mitch..
                        Why was Mitch not put into that game the other night. Corp couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Mustain has won games in the SEC as a tru freshman starter. I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                          Why was Mitch not put into that game the other night. Corp couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Mustain has won games in the SEC as a tru freshman starter. I don't understand.
                          He probably hasnt taken many snaps in practice, i was surprised to see Barkley warming up but he obviously couldnt go or he would have started.

I'm going to stick up a little here for Corp because everyone has been piling on pretty thick. The guy got very little from the TEs, his RBs have been getting hurt and the line's blocking while good in the middle isnt vintage SC. I give a lot of credit to Nick Holt and the Husky defense and not sure how many QBs would have had a lot of success on Saturday.

Comment

Where the hell is Mitch Mustain? Is he not with USC anymore?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              his RBs have been getting hurt
                              USC has like 20 HS All-Americans back there at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Where the hell is Mitch Mustain? Is he not with USC anymore?
                                He's there. Just buried on the depth chart at #3.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information