Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could USC's Corp Take Barkleys Job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Could USC's Corp Take Barkleys Job?

    If Barkley cant go this weekend Aaron Corp would obviously make the start. If Corp has a great game could he keep the starting position?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
    If Barkley cant go this weekend Aaron Corp would obviously make the start. If Corp has a great game could he keep the starting position?
    Nope. I think Barkley will go anyway. But you better believe after all this gushing and then the OSU win that it is going to be all Bark, all the time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Na I really don't see it, not after Pete Carroll's whole 'he's not 19 he's our quarterback' speech after the OSU game. I expect Barkley to play, I think it was just a bruised shoulder so he should be fine


      BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
        If Barkley cant go this weekend Aaron Corp would obviously make the start. If Corp has a great game could he keep the starting position?
        Would probably take several weeks for that to happen. Pete sort of went out on a limb starting Barkley, he isnt going to change his mind now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not that I don't like Barkley, but Corp would instantly open up our playbook so much more. Right now our offense is too vanilla for my liking. I understand he's a true freshman, however, this act could only be kept up for so long until someone exploits it badly. After seeing how effective Barkley's recent predecessors have played after sitting for a while, especially Sanchez, ideally I'd like the same to have been done here, even if it were for one season. Either way I have total faith in Pete, like how could I not?
          Last edited by 619; 09-19-2009, 06:32 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            That is true, Barkley doesn't always get a chance to use his God arm, because of his limitation of reading defenses and plays quickly. And because of play calling.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 619 View Post
              Not that I don't like Barkley, but Corp would instantly open up our playbook so much more. Right now our offense is too vanilla for my liking. I understand he's a true freshman, however, this act could only be kept up for so long until someone exploits it badly. After seeing how effective Barkley's recent predecessors have played after sitting for a while, especially Sanchez, ideally I'd like the same to have been done here, even if it were for one season. Either way I have total faith in Pete, like how could I not?
              Exactly how many starts does Corp have?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Exactly how many starts does Corp have?
                It's not as big of an issue at USC considering the environment these QBs are brought up in. No matter the talent level it's extremely difficult for any true freshman to do it here because of the offense's true complexity. The same reason it's looked upon so royally by NFL scouts. You just can't grasp it all in less than a full year, even for a guy like Barkley who showed up early for spring practice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Really? We need a new thread for every USC-related thing? The Pac X thread just wasn't cutting it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Really? We need a new thread for every USC-related thing? The Pac X thread just wasn't cutting it?
                    theres even a 2009 usc thread

                    cred 2 BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Really? We need a new thread for every USC-related thing? The Pac X thread just wasn't cutting it?
                      We need a Tate Forcier thread.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        We need a Tate Forcier thread.
                        Word ******* up. We should probably be wait until after his first Heisman, though. You know, to be fair.

                        Anyway, to reply to the question, I feel that Pete Carroll will play whichever QB will give USC the best chance to win. So, yes, it's entirely possible that Corp could take the job.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think USC has looked solid. OSUs defense played out of its skin for me, USC is a power team right now, solid but not outstanding at WR, inexperienced QB, more 5 star RBs than you should have for a decade and a massive dominant defensive line. Barkley has looked pretty alright to me anyway. Can't see them messing with whats working, unless he can't get up for this game and even then Corp would have do show something pretty special.


                          Props to BK on the sig!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I honestly think that Pete Carroll went into camp this year wanting Barkley to be the starter, it was only icing on the cake when Corp when down with an injury.

                            If Corp were to throw 300 yards this week against Washington (i think they play Washington) I still don't think he would start the following week ahead of Barkley.

                            Barkley is the starter for at least three years, a situation that Carroll would love.

                            BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Think Corp will transfer after this season?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information