Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Rd. 1 in SEC conference play -- Arkansas at Alabama : the Mostly Transfers Razorback backfield vs. the Awesome Alabama defensive front 7.

    Mallett's big arm vs. McElroy's pinpoint precision passing.

    Mallett's passing offense vs. the #2 sack total pass rush in the nation.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Rd. 1 in SEC conference play -- Arkansas at Alabama : the Mostly Transfers Razorback backfield vs. the Awesome Alabama defensive front 7.

      Mallett's big arm vs. McElroy's pinpoint precision passing.

      Mallett's passing offense vs. the #2 sack total pass rush in the nation.
      I'm interested to see what Mallett does against a real pass rush. Really that's the only question with this guy. Probably say the same thing about Jacory Harris.

      Comment


      • #18
        Lots of games are coming on that I want to watch and LSU/MS State is not one of them, although, it's the only noon game I have any interest in.

        Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

        Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          vs. McElroy's pinpoint precision passing.
          that's being generous.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
            I'll be at Tech-Miami, it's gonna be a great game.
            I'm not so sure.

            Got a buddy who is a reserve interior lineman for VA Tech (yes, I'm from Virginia) who has told me alot of the VA Tech players are pretty busted up after last weeks game. Said it was probably the most physical game they had played in a long, long time.

            I know he mentioned Cody Grimm in particular as someone who was really feeling the after effects from the game.

            Take that, FWIW.

            Comment


            • #21
              Michigan can top its '08 win total this week! ZOMGZ!

              Comment


              • #22
                I'll be part of the white mob at the Penn State-Iowa game. I haven't been too impressed with State against their supposed warm up games. The o-line has been pitiful. Hopefully they get up for this game and get some warranted revenge.

                Also as a heads up, we're planning a stunt for the background behind the College Game Day crew. It'll be pretty cool.
                "Oh, I think you need all that bass."

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am waiting very impatiently for Miami v.s. Virginia Tech.

                  I am not a Miami fan but, whenever I watch them I find myself partial to The U and I really like the comeback story. College football is much more fun when the U is a power. I'll be rooting for them to take out the Hokies who are the exact opposite of the Hurricanes, I find myself not liking the Hokies when I watch them. Should be a great game.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    I am waiting very impatiently for Miami v.s. Virginia Tech.

                    I am not a Miami fan but, whenever I watch them I find myself partial to The U and I really like the comeback story. College football is much more fun when the U is a power. I'll be rooting for them to take out the Hokies who are the exact opposite of the Hurricanes, I find myself not liking the Hokies when I watch them. Should be a great game.
                    There's a difference in the way the two teams play. Miami is regaining it's swagger while VT seems to be struggling to find an identity. Virginia Tech is going to have put up more points than they have been to beat Miami and I don't know if their capable of doing so.

                    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      BearsFan,

                      How do you think the Penn State/Iowa game will go?

                      Thanks.

                      I'm pretty pleased the spread has gone from a two possession game (10), to a one possession game (9.5), especially considering the circumstances. The $ seems to be leaning PSU as well.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Not too much I'm excited for this week. VT and Miami has turned into a huge game for the ACC, Iowa and PSU is a nice game for the Big Ten.

                        Tonights game has some potential too.

                        Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Almost game time. We have fraternity rush this week, that is the only reason why I am not in Columbia. Had my tickets and everything, but I would get fined $500 if I miss a round of rush so I'll be watching it at a bar. Ole Miss fans are not taking this SCAR team lightly, there is a lot of nervousness in Oxford. Hopefully the players are ready to go. I have criminal justice with Hardy and on monday he made a point to say he's gonna play to the class. We need a big game from him.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            U of W is at Stanford. I'll be interested to see if they can keep it going. Early line (for the bettors of the world) is the Cardinal by 7. Cant figure that out.
                            Washington may be spent emotionally after the USC game. They may have no emotion left for Stanford. Gambling sites know how difficult it is for a team to stay high after beating a top team and you'd be surprised how often said team fails to cover.
                            And proud of it!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                              BearsFan,

                              How do you think the Penn State/Iowa game will go?

                              Thanks.

                              I'm pretty pleased the spread has gone from a two possession game (10), to a one possession game (9.5), especially considering the circumstances. The $ seems to be leaning PSU as well.
                              How is 9.5 a one possession game?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                How is 9.5 a one possession game?
                                Haven't you ever heard of that 9.5 point play?

                                Further more, how is 9.5 a one possession game, but 10 is a two possession game?

                                I'm so nervous about this game. Even though this is basically a no lose situation for us (all the pressure is on PSU- top 5, at home, "better on paper", motivated for revenge, etc.) that if Iowa can lose by <14 points, it will be seen as neither good nor bad. However, I'm just scared of getting blown out, however unlikely that may be imo, and the subsequent effects to our image because of it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information