Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 5 Top 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    The team most likely to run the table: Cincinnati.

    That would go over with the BCS like a fart in church.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by P-L View Post
      I would love nothing more than to have teams like Texas, Florida, Alabama, LSU, and Virginia Tech all end up with one loss while having Boise State, TCU, and Houston all finished undefeated. I know it's very unlikely to happen, but it would be a major embarrassment for the BCS.
      Embarrassment? Why? Because the BCS schools actually have the balls to play other teams with legit talent? Come on man get real. If TCU, Boise or Houston played 8 conference games as tough as BCS schools they would end the season with 3 or more losses. Get real.

      Comment


      • #63
        How is it considered "having balls" when those teams have no choice on who they play in conference?

        If they really had a choice, they would play teams other than Chattanooga State or Blind Sisters of the Poor U outside of conference.

        *Insert argument that the SEC/Big 12 is the hardest conference evarz so they shouldn't have to schedule a tough OOC*

        Comment


        • #64
          With the exception of Boise State he's right though. Houston in the NC game would be a disaster.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            How is it considered "having balls" when those teams have no choice on who they play in conference?

            If they really had a choice, they would play teams other than Chattanooga State or Blind Sisters of the Poor U outside of conference.

            *Insert argument that the SEC/Big 12 is the hardest conference evarz so they shouldn't have to schedule a tough OOC*

            Alabama played Virginia Tech, How about USC playing Ohio State, Oklahoma signing one of the toughest non-BCS schools around in BYU...and Miami(Fla), how about Nebraska playing Virginia Tech, Tennessee playing UCLA, Michigan and Michigan State stepping up to play Notre Dame every single seasn..its not mandatory, but they still do regardless of weather of not ND is up or down. It goes beyond the conference games they play. Oh and yeah its balls because the University chooses to be in one of these elite conferences. Boise State could try to get involved in the PAC-10 or even the Big IIX if they so chose to do so, and boy would the BCS schools be licking their chops then because Boise could not hang with the big boys week in and week out no way no how. A one time game any team can hang with another team and Boise happened to get Oklahoma in one game.

            Comment


            • #66
              SC is getting a big break in the polls because everybody knows Corp was a fluke natural disaster.

              Houston v. Boise in the NC, let's get it done. It's the only way to get a playoff.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                SC is getting a big break in the polls because everybody knows Corp was a fluke natural disaster.
                a team is only as good as it's players and Korp is a player no? fluke or not he's part of the team and a reason they lost and USC catching a break is ********. they already catch too many breaks.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                  a team is only as good as it's players and Korp is a player no? fluke or not he's part of the team and a reason they lost and USC catching a break is ********. they already catch too many breaks.
                  well ND will correct that mistake three weeks from now

                  well more probably not but its still nice to think that they will


                  Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Saints 4 Lyfe, whatever you just said didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

                    This upcoming game should give us some information we didn't already have.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Smoke14 View Post
                      Embarrassment? Why? Because the BCS schools actually have the balls to play other teams with legit talent? Come on man get real. If TCU, Boise or Houston played 8 conference games as tough as BCS schools they would end the season with 3 or more losses. Get real.
                      Well in case you didn't know, teams don't have control over who they play in conference. It isn't like Boise State or Houston are scared to play tough teams. Did we forget that Boise get finished a home-and-home with Oregon (who was definitely a top team when they scheduled) and Houston scheduled a road game against top ten Oklahoma State? Am I wrong or did TCU just travel to Virginia and then Clemson? What about a couple years ago when they played a home-and-home with Oklahoma? Remember when Utah played Michigan at the Big House last year? Yeah, that game was scheduled when U-M was a top 15-20 team in the country. All these teams are trying to schedule tough games, but those BCS schools who "actually have balls" are afraid to play them out of conference. Maybe Florida should travel to Texas and play TCU instead of playing Charleston Southern. Or maybe they could invite Boise State or Utah to the Swamp instead of scheduling the mighty Florida International. I wonder if Texas would still be undefeated if they traveled to Boise instead of Wyoming.

                      So, the way I see it is that the BCS schools are the ones who don't have any balls. I mean ****, it's been something like 10+ years since Florida has played a road out of conference game outside of the south. Sure, there are a handful of BCS teams that play a tough out of conference game but don't act like it's so common. More BCS teams than not avoid the tough games and schedule cupcakes. Teams like Boise, TCU, and Houston can't control who is in their conference. They can't just get up and join the SEC or Big XII either. Those teams can't control who is willing to play them and who is too scared to. I also see no reason a team like Boise or Houston couldn't go 11-1 or 12-0 in a conference like the Big East, the Big Ten, or the ACC. In case you haven't noticed the teams in question haven't exactly been squeaking by their conference opponents. They've been dominating their conference games.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I think the main problem with LSU is that they entered the season ranked #11 in the AP and #9 in the Coaches. The Tigers weren't even in the top 25 at the end of last season and nearly lost 4 games in November and had a losing conference record. I realize they destroyed Georgia Tech, but I'm not sure that's enough to warrant the ranking they received in the preseason.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                          I think the main problem with LSU is that they entered the season ranked #11 in the AP and #9 in the Coaches. The Tigers weren't even in the top 25 at the end of last season and nearly lost 4 games in November and had a losing conference record. I realize they destroyed Georgia Tech, but I'm not sure that's enough to warrant the ranking they received in the preseason.
                          Although last season does go into consideration. Personal opinion, especially in coaches poll, may reign superior. They look at returning players and incoming talent. Potential is probably the biggie. I'm an LSU fan and I also think we're not that good.


                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Smoke14 View Post
                            Alabama played Virginia Tech, How about USC playing Ohio State, Oklahoma signing one of the toughest non-BCS schools around in BYU...and Miami(Fla), how about Nebraska playing Virginia Tech, Tennessee playing UCLA, Michigan and Michigan State stepping up to play Notre Dame every single seasn..its not mandatory, but they still do regardless of weather of not ND is up or down. It goes beyond the conference games they play. Oh and yeah its balls because the University chooses to be in one of these elite conferences. Boise State could try to get involved in the PAC-10 or even the Big IIX if they so chose to do so, and boy would the BCS schools be licking their chops then because Boise could not hang with the big boys week in and week out no way no how. A one time game any team can hang with another team and Boise happened to get Oklahoma in one game.
                            Look at the recruiting areas. Of course they wouldn't hang for a while.. they're in freakkkin Idaho. All these non-bcs schools have been playing very good OOC schedules and you're definitely not proving otherwise from the looks of it.


                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I am a little upset that Missouri is not ranked in the AP poll. Of course, with the next 3 games being against Nebraska, @Okie St., and Texas, there is no doubt that they have the opportunity to make a big move.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                You can make up all the garbage you want, but the fact still remains none of those pansie teams could hang with the BCS guys week in and week out. Period, end of story, discussion over, I win.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information