X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU could hang week in and week out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash-N-Dash View Post
      South Carolina's still in good position to be ranked within the next few weeks with games coming up against South Carolina St. and Kentucky.
      They're roughly 28th right now, if you look at it that way. So, I'm hoping we'll jump in there next week. Then we get Kentucky before facing Bama, could be 5-1, heading into the game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

ya'll are slipping. I'm under -400 now what happened? I was over -400 geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke14 View Post
          Keep on keeping on with the negative rep hits. You only do it because I'm right and its the only way to get back at me since you can't give me a good enough arguement to prove those pretenders could actually make it on a week to week basis in a BCS conference.
          His argument is far better than yours. He showed that the non BCS teams are 3-1 against the top schools in Bowl games. Boise St. has a very solid record against top Pac 10 teams in weekly games and I can name a few times in weekly games that non BCS teams have beaten BCS schools. You on the other hand have nothing to prove your point only your own belief which carries little weight. However I do agree that insults lower a person argument and are uncalled for.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Damn, there was a discussion about how mid-majors can't hang with major conference teams and I missed out! Son of a *****.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              Oregon, one of the top teams in the Pac-10, couldn't hang with Boise State for one game. Where is the proof that the rest of the Pac-10 could hang with Boise State week in and week out? Sure, maybe some of these schools don't run the table in the SEC or BIG XII, but I see no evidence as to why they couldn't win one of the other four BCS conferences. It's alright, I'm done arguing. I'm content knowing that one of these teams is probably going to win their BCS Bowl... Again.
              you don't honestly think boise st. could win the pac-10 or big-10 do you?

Comment

his argument has more weight than you're giving it

It's the constant schedule of BCS caliber teams that really takes the toll on top CFB teams. USC always loses to one of the scrub Pac10 teams, probably b/c theyre overlooking them. And sure, you could say Oregon State or Stanford or whoever isn't much better than some non-BCS teams, but the true comparison is that theyre MUCH, MUCH better than the New Mexico States who are at the bottom of the pack in the MWC and such

Or what about Ole Miss last year. Were they any better than TCU or BYU last year? Probably not, but that was just another game on Florida's schedule whereas those are circled dates for Utah. It's just a fact that some teams come to games more focused than others. Look at Florida State's up and down year so far. Or look at every college basketball result where an in-state lesser team pushes a big time program to the wire then goes on to finish 15-14 in a crap conference

Houston almost losing to Texas Tech at home with an extra week to prepare after the high point in their season, upsetting Ok State, is proof positive of this
                Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman; 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  you don't honestly think boise st. could win the pac-10 or big-10 do you?
                  Well the way the Pac-10 is looking this year they probably could....other years they could finish top 3 for sure only because USC had been winning the conference...but say years like this one they would have a great shot at winning it.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Damn, there was a discussion about how mid-majors can't hang with major conference teams and I missed out! Son of a *****.
                    Keep it rolling my Tiger bretheren

Comment

• Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                      Okay, fine... Let's just use the info that we have and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

In the modern BCS era-

Since 2004 the 4 most successful Non-BCS teams are Utah, Boise St., BYU, and TCU and they are a combined record of 33-20. That is a 62.26 winning percentage.

Most of those games are played in the BCS teams first 2-3 games when they are healthy and fresh, and not in the middle of their "grueling" conference schedule.

TCU - 10-3 against BCS schools since 2004
                      Utah - 11-4 against BCS schools since 2004
                      Boise St. - 5-4 against BCS schools since 2004
                      BYU - 7-9 against BCS schools since 2004

I mean come on Smoke, who in their right mind would say that these teams cannot at least be middle of the pack teams in the "BIG TIME" conferences?
                      I don't know about Utah, Boise St., and BYU but TCU aren't 10-3 since 04. They're like 9-6.
                      Last edited by nrk; 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                        Well the way the Pac-10 is looking this year they probably could....other years they could finish top 3 for sure only because USC had been winning the conference...but say years like this one they would have a great shot at winning it.
                        i doubt a team that gives up 34 points to Fresno State could go undefeated in the Pac-10.

I'm not saying boise state is a bad team because they are far from it but everyone puts too much stock into their win against (albeit a good win) against oregon in the FIRST game of the season (in my opinion was a fluke loss).

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information