College Gameday Thread: Week 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybeejr View Post
    Cal USC could have been huge, now its just another game. LSU gets their first real test. I think the OU UM game comes down to the offensive line of the canes.
    Why do you say that the Cal-USC game could have been huge and now it's just another game. It is a game that will have Pac 10 championship implications and possibly national championship implications for USC. This is a big game.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Tate Forcier is likely to play this week. He injured his throwing shoulder against Indiana, but he should be okay.

**** Michigan State.
      Yea, **** MSU!!

Seriously though, I want to win this game more than any other game this year right now. I don't want to hear their douchie coach if we lose.

With these two defences, if this game doesn't have around 70+ points scored combined I'll be shocked.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        Why do you say that the Cal-USC game could have been huge and now it's just another game. It is a game that will have Pac 10 championship implications and possibly national championship implications for USC. This is a big game.
        This game is huge b/c the loser is kiss any hope of a BCS or megabucks-payout New Yrs bowl game goodbye. The winner will be the Pac 10 champion, end of story.

Unless Stanford pulls off another incredible upset.....

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          This game is huge b/c the loser is kiss any hope of a BCS or megabucks-payout New Yrs bowl game goodbye. The winner will be the Pac 10 champion, end of story.

Unless Stanford pulls off another incredible upset.....
          I dont see SC or Cal in the BCS championship game, they just arent that good this year. It is probably a Rose Bowl elimination game to the loser who would have two losses in the conferance.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            I dont see SC or Cal in the BCS championship game, they just arent that good this year. It is probably a Rose Bowl elimination game to the loser who would have two losses in the conferance.

Yes, unfortunately, I think the Pac-10 has eliminated itself completely from National Championship contention this year, simply because a 1 loss USC or Oregon could not pass an undefeated Boise St. team this year or a 1 loss Big XII or SEC team. Actually, the better Oregon plays, the worse it is for the Pac 10 and being able to leapfrog Boise St. in the standings.

The scariest scenario is one that has Boise and Cincy undefeated at the end of the year and all BCS teams with one loss. I don't know if I would love it or hate it.

Comment

Landry Jones is starting against Miami, per ESPN.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Although I'm not expecting it, it would not surprise me if Sam Bradford "woke up Saturday morning feeling great and ready to play."

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                  Interesting. There would be so many questions i would have. Do they think they cant block Miami? Is the shoulder still a problem? Would they rather he just get his feet wet at home against a lesser Baylor team? Is their whole concern getting ready for Texas in two weeks? My guess is it would be yes to all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    Although I'm not expecting it, it would not surprise me if Sam Bradford "woke up Saturday morning feeling great and ready to play."
                    I could hear somebody on Game Day saying that. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Although its going to be a good matchup in its own right any Washington ND matchup as long as Weis is the coach will remind me of 'pass right'. That story alone makes me think Weis is a good guy even though plenty people dislike him.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                        Although its going to be a good matchup in its own right any Washington ND matchup as long as Weis is the coach will remind me of 'pass right'. That story alone makes me think Weis is a good guy even though plenty people dislike him.
                        That was what 3 or 4 years ago? Charlie is a good guy, whether he's the right coach for ND still up in the air i think.

Comment

Charlie always struck me as more of an offensive coordinator. I think he was overrated a little bit coming off those Super Bowl's with us. McDaniel's was more of an "offensive guru" for us. Although he had a much better, seasoned Tom Brady and Randy Moss. I don't know, Charlie runs a great offense, but I think he was overrated a bit around when Notre Dame started calling.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            That was what 3 or 4 years ago? Charlie is a good guy, whether he's the right coach for ND still up in the air i think.
                            jeah I think this season will show the AD all they need to know, although a 9-3 season is a bit of a toughie where he would be given another year but on a short leash cuz if no players leave early next year could be special for ND with losing only 1 defensive starter and 3 on offense (two of whom have replacements with a lot of starting experience). and yeah it was four years ago I think, not sure if it was the first or second year of charlie tbh.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              jeah I think this season will show the AD all they need to know, although a 9-3 season is a bit of a toughie where he would be given another year but on a short leash cuz if no players leave early next year could be special for ND with losing only 1 defensive starter and 3 on offense (two of whom have replacements with a lot of starting experience). and yeah it was four years ago I think, not sure if it was the first or second year of charlie tbh.
                              I think it was Willingham's 1st year here (2005). That was the big story when they came to Seattle, Tyrone's ex-team all that stuff.

Comment

Let's Go CU!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information