Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I meant Biletnikoff.

Suh should win the Heisman.

Tyler Sash has superior stats to any safety this year to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Gresham's not going to play a down this year.
      Then Peek has a chance!

Or not, lots of TEs will have more catches than Peek, like Dennis Pitta, BYU, or McCoy, SC. This award is wide open right now.

Is there a Freshman of the Yr? How about Trent Richardson, Bama RB? Not many 18 yr olds bring it like he does. Reminds me of Marshawn Lynch at Cal.
      Last edited by LizardState; 10-09-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The only defensive player to ever win the Heisman only won it because he also played on offense and special teams. Not to mention he probably wouldn't have won it if Peyton Manning didn't embarrass himself against Vanderbilt. Suh has a 0% chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
          Heisman - Suh
          Outland - Carimi
          Thorpe - Sash
          Coach - Saban
          Doak Walker - Gerhart
          Largent - Golden Tate
          O'Brien - Keenum
          I thought the thread was about projecting the winners...not personal (biased and skewed) opinion.

Jacory has done a great job so far this year but he'll need to dominate down the stretch to make the Heisman top 5. The VT game (weather/protection) is one that should be erased from voters memories but his 2 INTs against OU were inexcusable. 1st quarter prayer throws aren't what comes to mind when I think about the Heisman. There's always next year....

That goes for Michigan/Forcier fans as well.

Trent Richardson and Ryan Williams are 2 of the most impressive freshmen I've ever seen. Richardson hits the hole really hard and brings a ton of power (him, Ingram and Upchurch are scary). Williams is similar although not as powerful, but he's more experienced and more complete at this point.

I'd love to have either of them on the Bucs in a couple years...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Heisman isn't an award for the best player in the nation and it will never work out that way. The Heisman is an award for the media representative for the best teams. Many times the Heisman winner isn't even the best player on his team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
              Yeah I meant Biletnikoff.

Suh should win the Heisman.

Tyler Sash has superior stats to any safety this year to date.
              If stats are what mattered, then Eric Berry would've won Thorpe last year instead of Malcolm Jenkins.

Nope, I'm not bitter... *shakes fist at sky*
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                The Heisman isn't an award for the best player in the nation and it will never work out that way. The Heisman is an award for the media representative for the best teams. Many times the Heisman winner isn't even the best player on his team.
                "best player in the nation" is subjective too though. There's a myriad of different offensive systems within college football, not to mention that not everyone has the equal level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  "best player in the nation" is subjective too though. There's a myriad of different offensive systems within college football, not to mention that not everyone has the equal level of competition.
                  Hate to be a grammarian nazi, but myriad is an adjective not a noun. don't take my word for it, look it up.

I made that mistake as a college soph on an English ppr. & the prof Effed me for the error, one of our English Dept's ****** little rules. Never made that error again.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Is there a Freshman of the Yr?

Comment

the REAL Frosh o' the year:

We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

doak walker----noel devine; 3rd in rushing, 7.4 avg, 6 tds

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Hate to be a grammarian nazi, but myriad is an adjective not a noun. don't take my word for it, look it up.

I made that mistake as a college soph on an English ppr. & the prof Effed me for the error, one of our English Dept's ****** little rules. Never made that error again.
                          Originally posted by Answers.com
                          Myriad

adj.
                          Constituting a very large, indefinite number; innumerable: the myriad fish in the ocean.
                          Composed of numerous diverse elements or facets: the myriad life of the metropolis.
                          n.
                          A vast number: the myriads of bees in the hive.
                          Archaic. Ten thousand.
                          [Greek mūrias, mūriad-, ten thousand, from mūrios, countless.]

USAGE NOTE Throughout most of its history in English myriad was used as a noun, as in a myriad of men. In the 19th century it began to be used in poetry as an adjective, as in myriad men. Both usages in English are acceptable, as in Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Myriad myriads of lives." This poetic, adjectival use became so well entrenched generally that many people came to consider it as the only correct use. In fact, both uses in English are parallel with those of the original ancient Greek. The Greek word mūrias, from which myriad derives, could be used as either a noun or an adjective, but the noun mūrias was used in general prose and in mathematics while the adjective mūrias was used only in poetry.

http://www.answers.com/topic/myriad
                          Originally posted by Merriam-Webster
                          usage Recent criticism of the use of myriad as a noun, both in the plural form myriads and in the phrase a myriad of, seems to reflect a mistaken belief that the word was originally and is still properly only an adjective. As the entries here show, however, the noun is in fact the older form, dating to the 16th century. The noun myriad has appeared in the works of such writers as Milton (plural myriads) and Thoreau (a myriad of), and it continues to occur frequently in reputable English. There is no reason to avoid it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myriad
                          You should write your old professor an angry letter. ;)
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Sorry but Iowa keeps winning and Sash keeps putting up the necessary numbers I don't see how he won't be considered?

Rivals has him ranked #3 in their defensive back power rankings behind Berry and Mays.

Thus far this year he has 38 tackles, 5 picks, 4 Tackle for loss, 3 PBU, 2 FF

Comment

Jaquizz Rodgers for the Walker award. 697 rushing yards, 269 recieving yards, 13 TDs.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                              The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                              I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information