2009 Awards Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Awards Thread

It's still early in the season, but not too early to talk about the individual awards.

ESPN is currently prognosticating a Heisman Final Four of Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen, and Tony Pike. Who else could potentially crack that list?

On the Biletnikoff front (which I have an obvious interest in), I currently have a top 4 of Eric Decker, Marshawn Gilyard, Golden Tate, and AJ Green. Hopefully Decker wins, since he is the true messiah. All praise him.

I don't watch enough others teams and positions to make informed judgements, so have at it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Decker should win it but I have a feeling Tate or AJ Green will because of how wildly popular they are on ESPN. I'd argue that if Green at least finishes top 15 in the nation in receiving yards and TD's he's a shoe in for the award as ESPN loves him as do I but not as the best in the nation at this point in his career. Mike Wiliams and Demaryius Thomas also could end up contending in that list although Syracuse being so bad will reflect on Williams.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Eric Berry for Thorpe?

Comment

I dont think golden should win the biletnikoff cuz tbh he isnt even the best wideout on his own team. If michael floyd would have been able to keep playing like he was playing prior to his injury for the entire season he would have been a frontrunner imo. golden has already had to many vital drops

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Eric Berry for Thorpe?
          Almost by default.

Comment

I gotta think that right now Rolando McClain is leading the pack for the Butkus award. He's probably got a shot at the Nagurski and Bednarik awards too.

Comment

Ryan Williams for Doak Walker Award :)

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Decker is absolutely, certainly gonna win the Biletnikoff if he keeps it up. No doubt.

I wonder if Brian Rolle will get some all-american love, keep our streak of all-american linebackers going (Wilhelm/Hawk/Carpenter/Laurinaitis).

Comment

Toby Gerhart and Jacory should both be in the Heisman dicussion.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                    I gotta think that right now Rolando McClain is leading the pack for the Butkus award. He's probably got a shot at the Nagurski and Bednarik awards too.
                    Homer pick from me too for McClain for Butkus, he's a larger version at 255 lbs. of the Texans' DeMeco Ryans at ILB, playing same spot at Bama but in a different scheme under Saban. McClain had 10 tackles, a TFL, defensed 2 passes, & an INT at Kentucky last weekend, he was all over the field. Todd McShea called McClain the "best LB it the nation" before the season started & McClain is proving him right, if he stays healthy he could actually lead the nation in total tackles by Bowl season.

He also said McClain would be the 1st LB taken in the next draft, that interest & the millions in guaranteed $ alone s/b enough to declare for McClain, who's a jr. That jr. status is all that's keeping him off Kiper's Top 10 list. I think he would best fit in the NFL as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme like Dallas' or the SD Bolts.

Speaking of Tide players, I'd love to see Collin Peek give Jermaine Gresham some competition for the Mackey Award for best TE, but I don't think anybody is going to touch Gresham. Peek has caught everything McElroy has thrown at him this yr. & the pro scouts are drooling over his good hands & route running, the guy is just plain 3rd & long clutch.
                    Last edited by LizardState; 10-09-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      Speaking of Tide players, I'd love to see Collin Peek give Jermaine Gresham some competition for the Mackey Award for best TE, but I don't think anybody is going to touch Gresham.
                      Gresham's not going to play a down this year.

Comment

Hopefully Montario Hardesty keeps it up. I'd like to see him still in discussion for some awards later down the line.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

no homer, just a question but is rudolph the only guy who can keep pitta from the mackey

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Heisman - Suh
                            Outland - Carimi
                            Thorpe - Sash
                            Coach - Saban
                            Doak Walker - Gerhart
                            Largent - Golden Tate
                            O'Brien - Keenum

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                              Heisman - Suh
                              Outland - Carimi
                              Thorpe - Sash
                              Coach - Saban
                              Doak Walker - Gerhart
                              Largent - Golden Tate
                              O'Brien - Keenum
                              1) Suh has no chance at the heisman, I don't care how good he is.

2) What the **** is the Largent award? I'm guessing you mean Steve Largent, who has no college award named after him.

Sometimes man...I wonder...

3) Sash wasn't even on the watch list. I have a hard time seeing him getting it over Eric Berry or a few others.

4) I doubt Keenum gets it over bigger-names in the BCS, but it's posible.
                              Last edited by bearsfan_51; 10-09-2009, 02:24 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information