No announcement yet.

Mountain West To Expand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bad news for my friend who plays in the WAC...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      What needs to happen is the WAC needs to become a basketball only conference and let the football teams play as independents.

You'll have a lot of issues with C-USA teams agreeing to move to the WAC because while both are mid majors, the C-USA is on a different level in both football and basketball.
      I agree that adding the remaining WAC schools would just bring down C-USA. The only team I think that would fit in would be La Tech. Their football and basketball are on the rise. The rest of the WAC is just bleh.

The two best ideas are to either have the WAC schools go independent or combine with the Sun Belt. Sure, it would stretch geographically but I don't think for that long. If and when the Big East expands, they really have no one to grab from except C-USA(East Carolina, Memphis, UCF) and possibly the MAC (Temple again). If any time were to leave C-USA then they could bring in Troy from the Sun Belt and possibly MTSU. All of this is pure speculation, though.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

The Sun Belt already extends to Denver in basketball so why not extend out to the Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          The Sun Belt already extends to Denver in basketball so why not extend out to the Pacific.
          Completely true and if the MWC expands with those three teams then I see no reason for the Sun Belt and WAC to combine forces and form "Team Mediocre"!

WHO DAT!

Comment

no respect for ecu wtf? for the skip holtz era we consistently sell-out football games always NO team in cusa ever sells out in fact they have absolutely pathetic attendance that is down right despicable ecu is the only cusa team with real fans and alumni who support their football team, ecu deserves better than cusa, big east or what ever else you want to make up, all other cusa football teams and their fans are a complete disgrace, ecu will be expanding their stadium this off-season or very soon and butts will be in the seats, cant say that for any other cusa team, houston utep tulsa southern miss all cusa teams who rarely if ever sell out despite putting up quality teams year in and year out if anybody in cusa deserves a bump up its ecu and no other we have the most loyal fans of any cusa team period - not neccesarily the wac but big east or anything no team in cusa deserves **** except ecu, i watch all cusa games and im sick of seeing half-full or less stadiums but going to greenville to a packed stadium with die hard fans and alumni all of cusa is a total joke as far as fans with the exception of ecu, one could argure memphis basketball but with calipari gone bball is all down the drain now too
            Last edited by TitansCJftw; 11-24-2009, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
              no respect for ecu wtf? for the skip holtz era we consistently sell-out football games always NO team in cusa ever sells out in fact they have absolutely pathetic attendance that is down right despicable ecu is the only cusa team with real fans and alumni who support their football team, ecu deserves better than cusa, big east or what ever else you want to make up, all other cusa football teams and their fans are a complete disgrace, ecu will be expanding their stadium this off-season or very soon and butts will be in the seats, cant say that for any other cusa team, houston utep tulsa southern miss all cusa teams who rarely if ever sell out despite putting up quality teams year in and year out if anybody in cusa deserves a bump up its ecu and no other we have the most loyal fans of any cusa team period - not neccesarily the wac but big east or anything no team in cusa deserves **** except ecu, i watch all cusa games and im sick of seeing half-full or less stadiums but going to greenville to a packed stadium with die hard fans and alumni all of cusa is a total joke as far as fans with the exception of ecu, one could argure memphis basketball but with calipari gone bball is all down the drain now too
              I feel like I should do this... TitansCJftw meet Punctuation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Now that we've accomplished that let's move on... Yes, I agree. ECU would be my first target if I were to expand the Big East. Their football team is perpetually solid and, like you said, they have great attendance. They also fit in the geography of the Big East and will give them a foothold in the southern US.

I have numerous conference realignments and nearly all of them having ECU join the Big East. However, it will be a long time coming and I feel not until the basketball only colleges of the Big East separate themselves form their own conferences will we see the Big East expand.

However, this thread is about the Mountain West expanding. ECU does not fit at all into the Mountain West, and why should they? They would skew the conference geographically. The points you made were valid but not in consideration to the MWC. Nevada, Boise St, and Fresno St are the best teams, outside of Tulsa and Houston, geographically for a conference that is situated in the Rocky Mountains, not a team east of the Appalachians.
              Last edited by diabsoule; 11-24-2009, 03:36 AM.

WHO DAT!

Comment

ya you're right dude my bad bro it just pisses me off the thought of any cusa team being brought into a better confrence i was totally out of line for sure... :\

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  I think if they were to do this, the WAC would just shut it down or pick up a lot of the Cali Schools like Long Beach State, CSU-Irvine, CSU-Bakersfield, etc. or maybe Utah Valley or Weber State or something.
                  None of those California schools have football programs though if that's what you were trying to get at. There are only 10 D-II and up football programs in California. btw Irvine is a UC not a CSU.

Comment

MWC West

Boise State
                    Fresno State
                    UNLV
                    Nevada
                    New Mexico
                    San Diego State

MWC East

BYU
                    TCU
                    Utah
                    Utah State
                    Wyoming
                    Colorado State

OR

MWC North

Fresno State
                    Boise State
                    Utah State
                    Utah
                    Nevada-Reno
                    Colorado State

MWC South

TCU
                    BYU
                    UNLV
                    Wyoming
                    New Mexico
                    San Diego State

*Air Force goes indy

Comment

To be honest, I wish there was a way to drop San Diego State and add a team like Houston.

WHO DAT!

Comment

There are plenty of scenarios and opinions, but I think we can all agree that the BCS and D-IA football needs a shakeup in general.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                          There are plenty of scenarios and opinions, but I think we can all agree that the BCS and D-IA football needs a shakeup in general.
                          Most definitely. The only conference I think is good is the SEC. The Pac 10 is solid too.

WHO DAT!

Comment

4-0

In the bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Completely true and if the MWC expands with those three teams then I see no reason for the Sun Belt and WAC to combine forces and form "Team Mediocre"!
                              :( :( :( :(

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

I havin' my own little MWC Party tonight. YESSHH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information