Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
    What the hell does Spurrier have to do with anything?
    Lattimore is/was considered an SC lean, in addition Willis and Miller are from Byrnes, SC. The theory is that someone tipped the NCAA about this. The theory is that Lattimore contacted the SC coaches about the situation.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by P-L View Post
      I'm pretty sure this happens at a lot of places, and the coaches don't necessarily know about it. I know Terrelle Pryor got a little action on his U-M visit, but I guarantee the Michigan coaching staff didn't set it up. I'm sure these chicks slept with the recruits, but I doubt Lane Kiffin told them to. With that said, is this surprising to anyone but Tennessee fans?
      It was thought that the Bryce Brown sign was partly because of one of the hostesses, Lacey Pearl. It really doesn't surprise me, the media needs something to talk about and Kiffin and Tennessee is the hot ticket. I know for a fact this stuff goes on all over the country at major programs.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by P-L View Post
        I'm pretty sure this happens at a lot of places, and the coaches don't necessarily know about it. I know Terrelle Pryor got a little action on his U-M visit, but I guarantee the Michigan coaching staff didn't set it up. I'm sure these chicks slept with the recruits, but I doubt Lane Kiffin told them to. With that said, is this surprising to anyone but Tennessee fans?
        They used to take Aggie players/recruits to whorehouses. True story. There is a scene about it in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • #64
          Athletic departments bother graduate students about student's grades so I don't see why they wouldn't pimp out the girls on campus. Big time athletic departments could give a **** about the schools they are a part of.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            Penalties Disappoint Alabama Leaders - Scout

            NCAA alleges Alabama committed major violations because of violations of its textbook disbursement policy - The Birmingham News

            Alabama admits to NCAA violations over textbooks - CBS Sports

            Alabama admitted to the violations, and even self-reported them. The NCAA sanctioned the university which included 3 years probation and vacating wins. Bama is currently appealing the sanctions.
            No, no, no. You said that the athletes used scholarships to buy textbooks and then sell them for cash. In reality they used their scholarships to obtain textbooks for unscholarshipped fellow athletes. ENTIRELY different.

            Comment


            • #66
              http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...-did-no-wrong/

              Good article about Corey Miller's dad claiming the University and the girls did nothing wrong. That's two parents now. Corey Miller has apparently also stated the universities innocence multiple times on his twitter or facebook statuses. Whichever.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...-did-no-wrong/

                Good article about Corey Miller's dad claiming the University and the girls did nothing wrong. That's two parents now. Corey Miller has apparently also stated the universities innocence multiple times on his twitter or facebook statuses. Whichever.
                No chance that they are trying to protect the school that they will be attending? I would guess that it probably is a good idea to take your future coaches side on an issue like this.

                I don't really care either way as a Michigan fan, but to assert that this is tantamount to proof that there was no wrongdoing is laughable.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by CC View Post
                  No chance that they are trying to protect the school that they will be attending? I would guess that it probably is a good idea to take your future coaches side on an issue like this.

                  I don't really care either way as a Michigan fan, but to assert that this is tantamount to proof that there was no wrongdoing is laughable.
                  I never said it was proof, but in a case that's based on hearsay with zero proof to begin with I'd say these people's testimony is a lot less laughable than basing an investigation entirely around off-the-cuff remarks made by a recruit and some Internet message board posts and people assuming the worst because of it.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    first off i dont give a **** about the volunteers unlike me fellow titans(no disrespect obviously) im an ecu grad and fan and i live in eastern NC and now back to this thread hahahahaha this post gets me weak for the most part its angry fellow sec members who want to claim "boohoo" "i hope they go down" despite their obvious foolishness that their own schools do the same things i highly doubt there is ANY school who doesnt use this type of thing to try and get a good recruits this is just the way of ncaa football its not any universities fault it is the billion dollar industry that is ncaa football's fault ahhhh i could rant on and on especially for someone who is a die hard fan of a "non-bcs" school(once again total BS) are you people that blind do you not think that usc florida texas oklahoma alabama lsu on and on and on are doing the same things if you dont realize that you are just foolish and dont realize the money involved at every school get it together people this is nothing new on the recruiting landscape its just the flavor of the moment news story

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Hasn't this been going on for years though? Even before Kiffin was there? I heard one of the QBs (Either Clausen or Ainge) had actually fallen in love and married one of those hoes lol.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        http://13psi.com/something-stinks-in-pahokee/

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I think this investigation is dumb. But rules are rules. If the Orange Pride is considered an extension of the university and they broke rules, it doesn't matter if the coaches put them up to it or not. I also find it hard to believe that they just held up a sign as well, especially if it influenced recruits. I also doubt that NCAA would do an investigation for something as little as that.

                          Sig by Hitman D.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                            No, no, no. You said that the athletes used scholarships to buy textbooks and then sell them for cash. In reality they used their scholarships to obtain textbooks for unscholarshipped fellow athletes. ENTIRELY different.
                            My mistake, but they were still abusing their scholarships for their friends and Bama was still put on probation, so my point remains.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              My mistake, but they were still abusing their scholarships for their friends and Bama was still put on probation, so my point remains.
                              Yeah but this is about Tennessee. They are being investigated. What other schools did or are doing have no relevence.

                              Sig by Hitman D.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Guys, guys, guys. Let's all calm down, and look at pics why players are choosing Tennessee... :)









                                http://theangryt.com/?p=3363#more-3363

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information