No announcement yet.

Notre Dame should go with defense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Brian Kelly is the coach at Notre Dame. Will be interesting to see how it turns out, I doubt it turns out that well. Hope it does however, college football always needs Notre Dame to be successful.

If you are talking big names, no way Kelly is a bigger name or a bigger sell to recruits than Weis was. And again with the offense, that is not the issue here, overall team toughness on defense is the issue.

What about Turner Gill, he is more respectable in a way than Kelly, and more talented as a leader and a coach figure. Plus he looks like the janitor from Rudy.

Seriously though, we will see what happens, wonder if Kelly did most of the recruiting at Cincinnati, because at least he can find good players on that side of the ball, mostly Walter Stewart, if he gets some kids like that at Notre Dame they should be fine.

Comment

I am just really curious what kind of staff he brings in, early rumours would lead to a very mid-west staff which wouldnt make me happy, if you want a national recruitingbase you cant have a regional staff imo.

However his recruiting pitch is so easy:
      Look what I did at Cincy with that talent, think what I can do with a couple of blue-chippers like you (with you being the possible recruit)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
        I am just really curious what kind of staff he brings in, early rumours would lead to a very mid-west staff which wouldnt make me happy, if you want a national recruitingbase you cant have a regional staff imo.

However his recruiting pitch is so easy:
        Look what I did at Cincy with that talent, think what I can do with a couple of blue-chippers like you (with you being the possible recruit)
        The biggest loss in my opinion in is Rob Ianello. Ianello was a great recruiter at Notre Dame and was a factor in most of the big recruits and now he will be coaching at Akron. If Kelly can make a big dent in Chicago, Ohio, and get a few guys from California and Florida he would be great.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Cincy has talent, let us be serious here, Armon Binns is a real star, Gilyard is one of the best receivers in the country and guys like Collaros come off the bench as a backup, then you have Walter Stewart one of the most impressive freshman on defense I have seen all season long. They have talent, they do not get to BCS games because of all coaching, they have players. If you take into consideration both sides of the ball, they probably have more talent than Notre Dame does this year. Sure Notre Dame had offense players but defense was just flat out pathetic and not very deep or talented at all, then defensive line and safeties were a joke.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information