No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer Stepping Down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is shocking. Wish Meyer the best. God only knows what candidates they'd be looking at now.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

WHOA MAMA..Get Well soon Urban

Comment

Absolutely shocking. I was stunned reading about it...I really though he could be another Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden and coach there for a good long time.....one of the best schools in the nation easily, I thought he'd never leave.

If it is due to health problems, I hope he gets well soon. It will be VERY interesting to see what direction the school goes in for its next head coach. I'd bet someone with ties to the SEC....hard to say though.

Comment

******* sucks.

can't really replace a guy like that. i hope they go for somebody like Butch Davis, who can recruit like ******* crazy in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by No_ View Post
            ******* sucks.

can't really replace a guy like that. i hope they go for somebody like Butch Davis, who can recruit like ******* crazy in Florida.
            They should be able to hand pick their next guy. The only untouchable guys would probably be Saban, Carroll, and Mack Brown.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
              They should be able to hand pick their next guy. The only untouchable guys would probably be Saban, Carroll, and Mack Brown.
              Very true. It is one of the best jobs in the country. Just a shame to lose your best player, and your best coach in one year.

I've always been a Butch fan. His Miami teams were nasty. He'd be at the top of my list.

No other names are jumping out to me right now.

Comment

I'd probably say Tressell too. I usually think of Texas, USC and Ohio State as being in that top echelon of programs with Florida. They can dominate recruiting in their own areas and steal them out of other areas anywhere in the country....

Maybe Bob Stoops?

Comment

The other thing is, unless you go with a spread guy, you've got to implement an entirely new offensive system. UGH

Comment

The other thing is, unless you go with a spread guy, you've got to implement an entirely new offensive system. UGH
                    Plenty of them out there though, definitely has taken over much of college football. Not many teams out there who don't implement some form of the spread these days.

Comment

I hear Charlie Weis is available.

Comment

Steve Spurrier maybe?

Comment

good for him. he gets to leave on top and still has time to live life a little easier now. probably will add 10 years to his life.
                          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            I'd probably say Tressell too. I usually think of Texas, USC and Ohio State as being in that top echelon of programs with Florida. They can dominate recruiting in their own areas and steal them out of other areas anywhere in the country....

Maybe Bob Stoops?
                            That's true. Forgot about Tressell/Ohio St. Ohio is a hotbed of talent. I think Stoops is gettable for Florida, since it's a slightly better job. That's a $5-million contract waiting to happen though.

Harbaugh, Ferentz, Butch Davis, and Gary Patterson should all be gettable though. Will Muschamp is a guy I really like too - he was my #1 guy to replace Fulmer for the Vols (#2 was Lane Kiffin).

The SEC East is gonna be up in the air next year, and I wonder what this does to Florida's recruiting class which is #3 on Rivals.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

That's true. Forgot about Tressell/Ohio St. Ohio is a hotbed of talent. I think Stoops is gettable for Florida, since it's a slightly better job. That's a $5-million contract waiting to happen though.

Harbaugh, Ferentz, Butch Davis, and Gary Patterson should all be gettable though.

The SEC East is gonna be up in the air next year, and I wonder what this does to Florida's recruiting class which is #3 on Rivals.
                              Hell no on Sprurier. He is old and washed up. Don't want to ruin the memories.

No thanks to Harbaugh. Doesn't have the track record. No thanks to Ferentz. Davis is obviously my favorite. Gary Patterson would be second pick, but he'd need to get a sick offensive co-ordinator. Otherwise, no way.

Comment

Hell no on Sprurier. He is old and washed up. Don't want to ruin the memories.

No thanks to Harbaugh. Doesn't have the track record. No thanks to Ferentz. Davis is obviously my favorite. Gary Patterson would be second pick, but he'd need to get a sick offensive co-ordinator. Otherwise, no way.
                                Idk...I think you overrate Davis. What has he really done since being back at North Carolina? The ACC is totally winnable every year...the only real "power" they feature is Virginia Tech, and even they're not annually great. I'd have liked to see him do more there.

If Stoops can be had, I think he should be very high on the list. There was a lot of talk about him to Notre Dame when it was open, and there was just too much smoke there for there not have been fire, so that leads me to believe that he can indeed be had.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information