Chances Alabama Repeats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances Alabama Repeats?

Does anyone else think that Alabama repeats next year? I think they have a great shot. With Tebow gone, I think the SEC is theirs. They have such strong recruiting, they dont lose too much to the draft and only one underclassman is likely gone. Richardson and Ingram will carry the team. The defense stays very similar to now. Marcell Dareus is gonna be a beast. Nico comes back. Maybe Rolando stays....

What do you all think?

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

The offensive line is only going to be better next year....we only lose one starter this year to the draft (Mike Johnson)...

McElroy, Julio Jones, Ingram, Trent Richardson, Maze, all return on offense....(lose Colin Peek)....

We'll lose quite a bit on defense (Cody, Lorenzo Washington, Deaderick, McClain *should he declare*, Kareem Jackson *should he declare*, Javier Arenas, Justin Woodall, Cory Reamer, etc...

But Marcel Dareus, Donta Hightower (just as good as McClain), Chapman, Mark Barron (tied for 3rd in the country in INT's with 7), Nico Johnson, all return....

And will have some awesome sophomore talent ready to step in at corner next year (Dre Kirkpatrick, etc.)....

I definitely think we have a great shot to win the West in 2010 and be in the SECCG again......let the chips fall where they may after that...

Roll Tide!

Comment

Chance, it'll be interesting next season.

I'm all for #2 Iowa vs #1 Alabama in the National Championship. Power vs Power.

:)
      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

They win the SEC West, but they lose an aweful lot of contributing players. McElroy will have to prove he can be more than a game manager, and Julio Jones will have to show up next season.

They lose their best OL, Mike Johnson, which will be a huge loss as I think he was a HUGE reason for the success of the Bama running game (JB even gave him a Heisman vote in our our SWDC Heisman vote). Mt. Cody, the All-American NT for Bama's 3-4 DEF, will be gone. McClain is likely to declare, and he was their best defensive player. Javier Arenas will be gone as well, and they may miss his dynamic punt returning more than anything. Deaderick, Reamer, and Woodall were all big contributers as well.

I think they'll be a worse team, but it's not like that's an insult since you can really only go downwards after an undefeated, national championship season. I don't think you can chalk up the SEC Championship as theirs yet either, and I think the conference will have one of the most intercompetitive we've seen in years.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

official prediction for 2010 BCS NC in Glendale: Ohio State vs Bama. chance at SEC redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            official prediction for 2010 BCS NC in Glendale: Ohio State vs Bama. chance at SEC redemption.
            If thats the case, I dont see it ending well for the Buckeyes.
            The Bama defense will be just as good next year, maybe a slight bit off of this years. But the offense IMO will get better, a lot better. Expect a lot more of Richardson mixed with Ingram.
            If a lot of OSU's defense declares, I dont see them being able to fill in like Bama.
            Bama loses Cody and Deadrick but guys like Dareus will be only a year better. Nico Johnson and Dont'a Hightower will playing full strength. Imagine that LB core if McClain didnt declare!

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

I think they will drop a game next year. I have an odd feeling next year will be a down year for some of these BCS teams, may be the first non-BCS team in the NC.

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Alabama is losing all 3 starters from their d-line, & that's supposed to be the area of strength for Saban teams.

They will win the SEC again only if they can reload the dl.

Comment

Bama lost some crucial O-lineman last year and played just as well this year. And while Bama's o-line was great, they werent exactly blowing open huge running lanes, Ingram gets most of his yards with his wiggle and tackle breaking at the line.

And someone said McElroy will have to prove that he can be more than a game manager, but thats all he did this year and the won the NC. Bama's defense might lose a little bit (though they should still be very very good) but their offense should be better.

I wouldn't pick them to win just because its hard to repeat, but they are definitely preseason number 1.

Comment

yeah, considering Bama loses 6 of it's front 7 and 8 of it's starting 11 on defense, it'll be mighty hard for them to get to the title game with an SEC schedule to play. If we can be consistent on offense next year and if Pryor can show like he showed in the Oregon game as a true dual threat QB, they're gonna be tough to beat considering that great defense we're bringing back that should be even better than the championship caliber defense we had this year. Two tough road games @Wisconsin and @Iowa next year though. It's gonna be wide open next year for sure.

Comment

They lose not only a lot on defense, but losing Tiffin and Arenas will hurt their special teams as well. Not to mention Auburn and LSU should be pretty good next year.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

who do yall see as the favorites or best shot? If Texas beats OU I can see them back again. They are only losing 3 players on d and the only one who was a huge factor was Kindle, on the offense I think Gilbert will fair well plus they are getting Darius White.

Comment

UT is losing Colt, Shipley and 3 offensive lineman, that's a lot to replace. And Kindle, Houston and Muckelroy are all huge loses on defense. Texas will be good, good chance to repeat as Big 12 champions, but I don't see anyway they get back to the NC.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            UT is losing Colt, Shipley and 3 offensive lineman, that's a lot to replace. And Kindle, Houston and Muckelroy are all huge loses on defense. Texas will be good, good chance to repeat as Big 12 champions, but I don't see anyway they get back to the NC.
                            Possibly Earl Thomas as well.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

My national title prediction if Boise State vs USC.

Personally, Bama has a good chance but McElroy has no confidence in his arm and will only make throws to wide open WRs. Not a good QB in my opinion.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information