No announcement yet.

The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardner needs the redshirt to get his throwing mechanics back to where they were at the beginning of the year. They really degenerated as the season went along. He was shotputting by the end of the season.

Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      I just post the news. :D
      So post the news about Dorsey if you're so high and mighty!

Comment

• University of Criminals: The Leaders and Best!

University of Michigan star recruit Demar Dorsey confessed to 2 Florida burglaries in 2007, records show
        By Jim Schaefer
        Free Press Staff Writer

Comments (318) Recommend (25) Print E-mail Letter to the editor Share
        Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Reddit Newsvine
        Buzz up!Single-page viewNext Page1| 2Previous PageUniversity of Michigan star recruit Demar Dorsey confessed to burglarizing two homes in one day in South Florida in 2007, according to police reports and interviews.

Dorsey’s admissions, outlined in police reports obtained by the Free Press, contrast with the portrait drawn of Dorsey’s actions by Michigan Coach Rich Rodriguez.

He suggested Wednesday that Dorsey was a teenager who simply found himself in a bad spot in twice being arrested on felony charges, including an unrelated robbery case in which he was acquitted.

“You have to look into why he was in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Rodriguez said of Dorsey on national signing day.

Exclusive interview: "I'm not that person who I was," says Dorsey.

Rodriguez said his staff carefully examined recruits’ backgrounds, and urged reporters to do the same and not rely on Internet gossip about players’ pasts.

The records obtained today by the Free Press portray Dorsey as an active participant in the November 2007 burglaries, down to the football gloves he wore to prevent his fingerprints from being left at the scene. In one, the homeowner later identified Dorsey as one of the people who broke into his home.

Dorsey, who was 16 at the time, was charged but not convicted. Instead, he was put through a diversion program for juvenile offenders at the behest of the Broward County State Attorney’s Office.

The Free Press also learned today that Dorsey was arrested in another burglary, this one in June 2007. He got a break then, too, with prosecutors sending him to the diversion program.

Michigan officials declined to comment on the latest disclosures about Dorsey.

“Michigan has already commented about the recruits and we have nothing further to add at this time,” a Michigan athletic department spokesman said today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan4224 View Post
          University of Michigan star recruit Demar Dorsey confessed to 2 Florida burglaries in 2007, records show
          By Jim Schaefer
          Free Press Staff Writer

Comments (318) Recommend (25) Print E-mail Letter to the editor Share
          Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Reddit Newsvine
          Buzz up!Single-page viewNext Page1| 2Previous PageUniversity of Michigan star recruit Demar Dorsey confessed to burglarizing two homes in one day in South Florida in 2007, according to police reports and interviews.

Dorsey’s admissions, outlined in police reports obtained by the Free Press, contrast with the portrait drawn of Dorsey’s actions by Michigan Coach Rich Rodriguez.

He suggested Wednesday that Dorsey was a teenager who simply found himself in a bad spot in twice being arrested on felony charges, including an unrelated robbery case in which he was acquitted.

“You have to look into why he was in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Rodriguez said of Dorsey on national signing day.

Exclusive interview: "I'm not that person who I was," says Dorsey.

Rodriguez said his staff carefully examined recruits’ backgrounds, and urged reporters to do the same and not rely on Internet gossip about players’ pasts.

The records obtained today by the Free Press portray Dorsey as an active participant in the November 2007 burglaries, down to the football gloves he wore to prevent his fingerprints from being left at the scene. In one, the homeowner later identified Dorsey as one of the people who broke into his home.

Dorsey, who was 16 at the time, was charged but not convicted. Instead, he was put through a diversion program for juvenile offenders at the behest of the Broward County State Attorney’s Office.

The Free Press also learned today that Dorsey was arrested in another burglary, this one in June 2007. He got a break then, too, with prosecutors sending him to the diversion program.

Michigan officials declined to comment on the latest disclosures about Dorsey.

“Michigan has already commented about the recruits and we have nothing further to add at this time,” a Michigan athletic department spokesman said today.
          Its been 2 years since he done that have you heard any news about him lately? no. stop trying to downgrade a 18 year old achievements to get yourself more recognition ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
            Its been 2 years since he done that have you heard any news about him lately? no. stop trying to downgrade a 18 year old achievements to get yourself more recognition ****.
            Spartan4224 obsessing over Michigan? It can't be. Just put him on your ignore list. That's what I did. Now, I don't have to see any of his mindless drivel.

http://mgoblog.com/content/breaking-breaking-out

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1049065

My favorite snippet here...

When Michigan State running back Glenn Winston committed a crime markedly worse than Dorsey's -- it was 1) violent and 2) resulted in a conviction and jail time - and was immediately allowed to return to the team, nobody at the Free Press questioned coach mark Dantonio's ethics. When Winston committed a subsequent assault, columnist Michael Rosenberg objected mildly, "he might have to take a tougher stand the next time a player gets in trouble."

Comment

Spartan4224 obsessing over Michigan? It can't be.
              What I love most about being a Michigan fan is that Michigan State and their fans obsess over us. They are all more concerned with what Michigan is doing than what their own damn team is doing. Go to their Scout.com football free board and look at the first four threads. Two of them are titled "Free Press on Dorsey ???" and "RR's record @ scUM." Then we go on over to the Rivals free board and see topics like this:

POLL: Will Demar Dorsey ever play a down of football for Michigan
              Question for Michigan fans
              Jalen did more than "sit" on the Block S
              I just got blacklisted on the Michigan board
              Michigan board loves the idea of 96 teams in the Big Dance (link)
              DeShawn Sims thinks the Michigan colors are blue and gold
              lmao at michigan and ohio state
              Why didn't Michigan State take over Crysler Arena
              Manny Harris- Don't bring a knife to a fist fight

and my favorite one, although not relevant to the discussion...

How bad do we destroy the Badgers on Tuesday

Out of 47 topics on the first page 9 of them (almost 20%) are about Michigan. That is pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                What I love most about being a Michigan fan is that Michigan State and their fans obsess over us. They are all more concerned with what Michigan is doing than what their own damn team is doing. Go to their Scout.com football free board and look at the first four threads. Two of them are titled "Free Press on Dorsey ???" and "RR's record @ scUM." Then we go on over to the Rivals free board and see topics like this:

POLL: Will Demar Dorsey ever play a down of football for Michigan
                Question for Michigan fans
                Jalen did more than "sit" on the Block S
                I just got blacklisted on the Michigan board
                Michigan board loves the idea of 96 teams in the Big Dance (link)
                DeShawn Sims thinks the Michigan colors are blue and gold
                lmao at michigan and ohio state
                Why didn't Michigan State take over Crysler Arena
                Manny Harris- Don't bring a knife to a fist fight

and my favorite one, although not relevant to the discussion...

How bad do we destroy the Badgers on Tuesday

Out of 47 topics on the first page 9 of them (almost 20%) are about Michigan. That is pathetic.
                It's like that pretty much everywhere, though
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I think for the most part sports fans are either hypocrites or indifferent when it comes to the criminal activities of the players on their favorite teams. It's a complete waste of time to have the argument when neither side is willing to do it in good faith.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    I think for the most part sports fans are either hypocrites or indifferent when it comes to the criminal activities of the players on their favorite teams. It's a complete waste of time to have the argument when neither side is willing to do it in good faith.
                    Exactly. I would say the same thing if the "criminal" was on a rival or any team. The fact that people for judging a 17-19 year old for things they did when they were in high school pisses me off sure, they might get a bad rep but they have college to change. If the guy did it in college then that might be a problem but not in high school cmon now. People like spartan and Drew Sharp piss me off.

Comment

It would shock me if Gardner started over Tate. Now that Tate's healthy, he's going to go back to leading us to come-from-behind victories!!!!!!!!! Seriously, though, Tate's torn labrum + Molk's torn ACL + Minor and Brown always being hurt + no established WR = not good for Michigan. Hopefully, Molk, Tate, and Vincent Smith are all healthy for the fall.
                      Tater can be as healthy as a horse for the fall.....it's never going to matter. He's way too tiny and way too fragile to ever make it through an entire year.

Comment

• Since you all love Iowa player gushing:

"Which opposing defensive lineman gave you the toughest head-to-head matchup during your career?"

"Everson Griffen was good, Brandon Graham was better, but this year Adrian Clayborn was by far the toughest head-to-head matchup. Next year he will be this year’s Suh."
                        -OSU tackle Jim Cordle

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2010/0...im-cordle.html
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

• Clayborn ate Cordle's lunch this year in that Iowa/OSU game. He didn't have to go against Schofield though in the Wisconsin game. I think he was hurt that week and Mike Adams was in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                            Exactly. I would say the same thing if the "criminal" was on a rival or any team. The fact that people for judging a 17-19 year old for things they did when they were in high school pisses me off sure, they might get a bad rep but they have college to change. If the guy did it in college then that might be a problem but not in high school cmon now. People like spartan and Drew Sharp piss me off.
                            You definitely didn't understand what I said.

I think it's totally fine to judge people based off of criminal activity, I just think it's a waste of time here because most people are homers and will make exceptions for their own players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• WOW

Originally posted by MiWolves View Post
                              Oh so if some 17-19 year old pulls a gun on you and robs you he's fine cause he will change in college. Give me a F***in break scUM logic is such a joke. He's been in more trouble at 18 then Pac Man Jones has in his 20 plus years and I bet there's not one scUM fan that defended him. I would much rather defend a kid that gets in a fight to protect teamates then a kid who robs someone (mutilple times) with one being an armed robbery. This elitest bullsh** needs to quit. How many times has Michigan been in trouble as a program or with individual players in the last 20 years! But fans like you are the first ones to try and justify what your team did wrong and judge every other program. You know the most ironic thing about what has happend is, that scUM fans tried to spread the lies that some MSU players were wearing ski masks in the fight (which they were not) yet Dorsey was caught with stolen goods, gloves, and a SKI MASK in his car. Now how about them apples. The Greatest and Best my a$$ just ask Michigan alumni Jim Harbaugh. But what would he know...he only went through all lies that the Univeristy of Michigan spues to its athletes and actually came clean. But he's just bitter...now insert excuse here. Something you are all good at!

Comment

Spartan4224 obsessing over Michigan? It can't be. Just put him on your ignore list. That's what I did. Now, I don't have to see any of his mindless drivel.

http://mgoblog.com/content/breaking-breaking-out

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1049065

My favorite snippet here...
                                Oh what...I'm just stating the facts! Isn't that what you said. But now that the shoes on the other foot you piece of $hit, its drivel. Facts only work when it defends scUm...right. Then it's drivel if it exploits them. Can't have it both ways MORON!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information