Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Then why is Minnesota in the Big 10?

    Why is it still called the Big 10?

    Comment


    • For starters, because the league was founded about 100 years ago.

      Also, we're good at sports people don't care about, and our academics kick ass. Typical B10 school, really.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by George Lippard View Post
        Then why is Minnesota in the Big 10?

        Why is it still called the Big 10?
        Big 11 doesn't quite have as good of a ring to it.

        Big Ten. The Big Ten. Awesome

        They better not rename it, no matter how many teams join.

        Comment


        • They will. It will be the Midwest Football Conference presented by Fritos.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • the "Really Big Ten" or the "Big Fifteen." Gotta find a number that isn't taken, so 12 is out.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              They will. It will be the Midwest Football Conference presented by Fritos.
              Wow, that's horrible.

              Comment


              • mmmmmm......fritos

                Comment


                • It will be presented by Rotel and we'll have to watch those god awful commercials until the end of time.

                  Comment


                  • Realistically, all conferences need to get together, and agree to a total re-alignment that makes more sense. There are some schools the realistically don't belong in their conferences these days, but still are members due to 100 year old traditions. Other schools play at a higher level, yet don't get a BCS bid or an offer to a major conference.


                    OF course... this will never happen because it be way too difficult...
                    Browns & Buckeyes <3

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                      Realistically, all conferences need to get together, and agree to a total re-alignment that makes more sense. There are some schools the realistically don't belong in their conferences these days, but still are members due to 100 year old traditions. Other schools play at a higher level, yet don't get a BCS bid or an offer to a major conference.


                      OF course... this will never happen because it be way too difficult...
                      It has little to do with tradition and everything to do with money and prestige.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        It has little to do with tradition and everything to do with money.
                        Fixed it for you.
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                        Comment


                        • Nawh. The Big Ten cares about academic prestige. If they didn't they would have added a money making school like Kentucky a long time ago and been done with it.

                          Now, you could definitely make the case that they only care about prestige because it equals more money, but then it's an issue of semantics.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            It has little to do with tradition and everything to do with money and prestige.
                            If that were the case, Northwestern wouldn't be a part of the Big 10, Vandy would be outta the SEC, Baylor wouldn't be in the Big 12, etc. etc.



                            I agree money is the biggest issue, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think prestige and tradition have a big influence here.
                            Browns & Buckeyes <3

                            Comment


                            • http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4938956


                              Is there a chance Rich Rod gets the boot depending on the punishment that gets handed down by the NCAA?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                                If that were the case, Northwestern wouldn't be a part of the Big 10, Vandy would be outta the SEC, Baylor wouldn't be in the Big 12, etc. etc.



                                I agree money is the biggest issue, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think prestige and tradition have a big influence here.
                                Northwestern makes the B10 a lot of money. I work at a Big Ten University, trust me, there are a lot of ways to make money outside of just ticket sales.


                                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information