No announcement yet.

The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be super surprised if it wasn't Kevin Newsome. JMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      JT Turner is no longer with Michigan. I'll try and find a link.
      That is an absolutely ******* crushing blow.

Comment

• So I know this article will appear a little biased being from an Iowa site, but it talks about Adrian Clayborn and despite the cab driver incident, he really is a great kid.

http://hawkcentral.press-citizen.com...4/8130315/1053

I can relate to what Ferentz said about Clayborn because it's not the first time somebody has raved to me about Clayborn.

Before he was a star on the football field for Iowa, Clayborn was a true freshman learning how to adjust to a new way of life in college.

One of my relatives tutored some of the freshman football players, including Clayborn.

She was prohibited from talking about what they discussed on a daily basis, and knowing that I was a media troll, she kept her feelings about the players to herself.

She made one exception, though.

She told me about this soft-spoken kid from St. Louis named Adrian and about what a gentleman he was, how he treated her with the utmost respect and how he seemed so determined to succeed in college.

I then saw Tracie at the Hawkeye Huddle before last January's Orange Bowl in Miami and told her what my relative said about Adrian. Tracie wasn't surprised because as she put it, that's how Adrian was raised.
        Add in to the fact that he, along with Americanzi, are regularly at the UI Children's Hospital, and most would realize Clayborn is really a giant teddy bear off the field. It's a shame that the incident with the cabbie will get brought up around draft time as "character concerns."

Also, here's an interview with the Big Ten's favorite interviewee WR:

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...ach-for-anyone
        Last edited by iowatreat54; 08-13-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          That is an absolutely ******* crushing blow.
          from a talent standpoint yes, but the reports I've read also state that he's gotten too big to play CB, and he's WAY behind a lot of guys at safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Also, Robert Bolden to start for Penn State?

http://twitter.com/btndaverevsine

He's pretty terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
              from a talent standpoint yes, but the reports I've read also state that he's gotten too big to play CB, and he's WAY behind a lot of guys at safety.
              Get him to cut 15 pounds and play. Not that hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post

He's pretty terrible.
                Regardless of who ends up starting, their quarterback situation appears to be a mess right now. For their sake, Royster better not get hurt.

Comment

• Yes, Penn State's QB situation is very unstable and will limit them this season.

It's a rebuilding year. Bowl berth would be a bonus. There is still A TON of underclassmen talent on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                    Yes, Penn State's QB situation is very unstable and will limit them this season.
                    And probably next season.

Bowl berth would be a bonus.
                    Let's not get crazy here. You'll be 3-1 after the first four games. Then, you have a nice, cushy stretch after the game at Iowa where you get Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, and Northwestern. Three of the four are at home. You also have a neutral-site game against Indiana and a home game against Michigan State. There are easily six wins in there.

Comment

• http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...keyes/12g38kzo

Ohio State DE Nathan Williams was injured in their kick scrimmage yesterday. No word on how long he'll be out.

Comment

• OSU fans, how have my Western PA boys been looking (Brown, Hall, Bell, Sweat)?

Do Evan Blankenship and Andy Miller get any PT?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          OSU fans, how have my Western PA boys been looking (Brown, Hall, Bell, Sweat)?

Do Evan Blankenship and Andy Miller get any PT?
                          No OSU fan, but I heard that Miller will probably be the backup LT and that Blankenship was recently moved to DT. Sweat is recovering from an ACL injury and Hall got quicker and faster.

I haven't heard much from Bell and Brown.

Comment

• Corey Brown is a backup CB and is currently behind upperclassmen Chimdi Chekwa, Devon Torrence, Travis Howard, and Donnie Evege on the depth chart. He is behind Dominic Clarke too by a little, and both are the 3rd team corners. I think he's a better fit at safety, but then again in our defense fast, fluid safeties play cornerback and small, fluid linebackers play safety. The coaches usually mention "corey brown looks real athletic out there" or "he's gotten better for sure" but it is obvious that Dominic Clarke is ahead of him and has gotten great reviews compared to the marginal reviews Corey has gotten.

Evan Blankenship wasn't any good at OLine and was moved to DLine and is behind everyone else on scholarship, including both the true freshman DTs.

Andy Miller is competing with Mike Adams to start at left tackle but it looks like Mike Adams is finally getting it and will be the left tackle for sure barring injury.

Jordan Hall was the story of camp in 2009 and has been 3rd team since he stepped onto campus, and is still 3rd team behind Saine and Herron. Has reportedly looked very good in every thing that comes out on him.

Andrew Sweat was good in 2009 when he got to play before he got hurt and is now back to full health and competing for the SAM linebacker job. He's not a really good fit at SAM, he's more of a WLB or MLB compared to Etienne Sabino, so he probably won't start until next year. They say he might redshirt if he doesn't win the job so he can have 2 years starting. He's gonna be good like Ross Homan.

Dorian Bell has gotten rave reviews as the backup WILL linebacker to Ross Homan and could start in 2011.

So some good some bad on our PA guys. All the players say that Pryor has grown up and matured a bit since his freshman year and isn't as much of a punk as he used to be. Sounds like we're gonna pass a lot more this year since Pryor was forced to focus on passing after playing with a partially torn knee ligament late last season, which I think played a part of the reason why he looked so good throwing in the Rose Bowl. I hope he looks as good as he did in Pasadena and during the Spring Game, we'll be hard to beat if we can throw that well all year.
                            Last edited by keylime_5; 08-15-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like Nathan Williams' injury is only minor. He should be on the field in the opener no problem.

Comment

• Good to hear. He is necessary.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information