Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morton View Post
    I wouldn't really call a victory over Penn State a "quality win". The Nittany Lions look like absolute garbage this year.

    I'm beginning to think that Paterno is finally at that point where he's just a senile old man on the sidelines who once knew how to coach, but lost that ability recently and rapidly.
    Except he doesn't really coach all that much... his assistants do all of that. He's more of a figurehead that is a big picture guy than a head coach that gets down to the nitty gritty anymore.

    Bobby Bowden was the same way.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      Except he doesn't really coach all that much... his assistants do all of that. He's more of a figurehead that is a big picture guy than a head coach that gets down to the nitty gritty anymore.

      Bobby Bowden was the same way.
      He's a mascot at this point. When he's on the sidelines he has no better idea then me or you what play is coming next.

      Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
        He's a mascot at this point. When he's on the sidelines he has no better idea then me or you what play is coming next.
        This is pretty much a sad fact. He still yells at the other coaches a lot but the only real 'coaching' decisions he makes anymore are whether we should go for it on 4th down or not. He doesn't even really get in on calling timeouts anymore even.

        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Jesus christ, one win over a pretty bad PSU team, and some Illinois fans are talking about going to the Rose Bowl. This is one of the main reasons I hate Illinois...their fanbase are so unrealistic and blinded by homerism it isn't even entertaining.

          And this is coming from an Iowa fan, and Iowa has some of the worst fans in terms of expectations. But at least we have a good team when dumbass fans start telling everyone they will play for the NC or Rose Bowl.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            Jesus christ, one win over a pretty bad PSU team
            BUT ROB BOLDEN DESTROYED YOUNGSTOWN STATE! HE MUST BE GOOD! PSU FANS TOLD ME SO!!!!!

            Sadly enough, both will beat Michigan.

            Comment


            • I feel like Michigan will beat PSU. PSU seems to be in for a long year. Iowa? Different story. What are your guys' thoughts on the upcoming Wisky OSU battle?

              Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                I feel like Michigan will beat PSU. PSU seems to be in for a long year. Iowa? Different story. What are your guys' thoughts on the upcoming Wisky OSU battle?
                Not really going to be much of a battle if Wisconsin comes out like they did against Sparty.

                Comment


                • Wisconsin has given OSU their best game pretty much every time they play, especially in Camp Randall. Night road games at Wisconsin are not what the doctor ordered for teams trying to go undefeated. I think Tressel is gonna try to pass all over Wisconsin with Pryor and Posey and Sanzenbacher playing so well and the power running game being stinky.

                  Comment


                  • They're not going to come out against us the way they did with Sparty. They're going to want us - bad. I like what we did against IU using Saine as the third receiver. Don't know if it will be as effective against Wisky though. Would like us to get Berry the ball in space somehow via screens or swing passes early on.

                    Obviously, Pryor will look to his saviors in Posey and Sanzo because, well, Pryor simply refuses to go a game through without going deep at least once I feel like. They should both have good games.

                    On defense, I would like to see a tandem of Larimore and Hankins at DT together with Simon and Heyward at the end position. That should make for a hell of an attempt to stop Clay. I think we can match well with them, excited for this showdown.

                    Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

                    Comment


                    • I love our front seven's versatility with Simon and Heyward both playing some DE and some 3 technique DT, the big space eaters who get serious push in Larimore and Hankins, and then Nathan Williams who lines up at DE and OLB and sometimes even middle linebacker. Our DLine vs Wisky's OLine will be a great matchup.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        I love our front seven's versatility with Simon and Heyward both playing some DE and some 3 technique DT, the big space eaters who get serious push in Larimore and Hankins, and then Nathan Williams who lines up at DE and OLB and sometimes even middle linebacker. Our DLine vs Wisky's OLine will be a great matchup.
                        What's it like having a defense that, you know, defends?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          What's it like having a defense that, you know, defends?
                          It's actually pretty awesome. I love being in games where you have to worry about scoring points, rather than worrying about how much you will let up. I would take a defense that allows 10 pts/game and an offense that is inconsistent or lacks major scoring ability over an offense that scores 40 a game but is a lock to allow at least 30.

                          Then again, it's kinda ridiculous that I've been spoiled by having this for both Iowa and the Bears. But when the defense fails or has a down year, it's pretty depressing (see the Chicago Bears for the last 2 years).

                          Comment


                          • Ohio State getting the #1 ranking going into Camp Randall at Night is terrifying.

                            The Buckeyes SHOULD dominate, but they have a horrible track record there.

                            And not having a worthwhile running back who can do their damage between the tackles doesn't help.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • it's glorious.

                                it seems it feels much better to play a team who everyone says has an offense that will score on anyone and then we stop them, than it is to play a team with a defense who everyone says can't be scored on and then you score a ton on them. Specifically Miami in 03 and Oregon this year.
                                Last edited by keylime_5; 10-11-2010, 05:23 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information