The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Kinda would help if his team wasn't absolute garbage.

That said:

1) Mike Hull
    2) PJ Jones
    3) Khari Fortt
    4) Silas Redd
    5) Tom Ricketts
    6) Robert Bolden
    7) Daquan Jones
    8) Evan Hailes
    9) Alex Kenney
    10) Dakota Royer
    Please tell me you made a mistake of not including Zach Zwinak. Please.

Dude, Double Z is a BEAST. He is EXACTLY what JoePa looks for in a back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Rank your team's top 10 2010 recruits!

1. QB Devin Gardner
      2. S Marvin Robinson
      3. S Demar Dorsey
      4. CB Cullen Christian
      5. P Will Hagerup
      6. WR Ricardo Miller
      7. DE Jibreel Black
      8. DE/LB Ken Wilkins
      9. DT Richard Ash
      10. DT Terry Talbott
      That's a pretty good top 10. I have to give RRod props. His back is up against the wall and he got some kids with serious potential.

Will Gardner push Forcier? Also, is shoelaces getting moved out of the QB position?

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        1-Andrew Norwell
        2-Roderick Smith
        3-Corey Brown
        4-Jamel Turner
        5-James Louis
        6-Christian Bryant
        7-Scott McVey
        8-JT Moore
        9-Carlos Hyde
        10-Tyrone Williams/Darryl Baldwin tie
        I hope Rod Smith can figure out pass blocking early. I think he's going to be special.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
          Will Gardner push Forcier?
          I certainly hope not. I want Gardner to redshirt.

Also, is shoelaces getting moved out of the QB position?
          Tying in with the first comment, I hope not in 2010. That way, Gardner can redshirt. He needs to bulk up a bit, fix his throwing mechanics and get acclimated to the college game. In 2011, I'd like to see Robinson moved to WR/PR/KR, assuming Gardner has progressed.

Is Andrew Norwell expected to be a RT or LT?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            Please tell me you made a mistake of not including Zach Zwinak. Please.

Dude, Double Z is a BEAST. He is EXACTLY what JoePa looks for in a back.
            ZZ Tops baby. I'm probably gonna go nuts the first time he lights someone up on a block.

Comment

Tying in with the first comment, I hope not in 2010. That way, Gardner can redshirt. He needs to bulk up a bit, fix his throwing mechanics and get acclimated to the college game. In 2011, I'd like to see Robinson moved to WR/PR/KR, assuming Gardner has progressed.

Norwell can play all 5 spots. They'll put him where they need him, but his best fit is probably at right tackle.

Comment

All signs point to RT, but with how the line has panned out over the last few seasons, it's anyone's guess.

I also agree that it would be wise to RS Gardner. He has the chance to be an awesome QB if given the time.

Comment

• It would not surprise me if Gardner started over Tator Tot. I'd RS him, but RR might not.

Comment

• Tyrone Williams is an interesting guy. Some sites have him 6'7.
                    Key5 anything on the kid?

Comment

• project who is a legit 6'7"/215. Very raw, but extreme upside. James Hardy-esque.

Comment

project who is a legit 6'7"/215. Very raw, but extreme upside. James Hardy-esque.
                        He's also just 17 and supposedly still growing. He is supposed to be decently fast, especially for someone that tall.

High passes in the red zone would be awlsum.

Comment

project who is a legit 6'7"/215. Very raw, but extreme upside. James Hardy-esque.
                          Cool, hope he becomes half of what Hardy was he was a beast.

Comment

• a guy on the ozone who's every post is about the SEC just started a new blog. He's an OSU fan, but it's all about how bad the SEC is with oversiging:

http://www.oversigning.com/

the chart near the top is interesting. shows the sole reason why the SEC is the most deep, talented conference every year now - has nothing to do with more speed in the south than the north or west. Could you imagine how good Ohio State or USC or Texas would be if they signed 28 kids a year like Auburn does?
                            Last edited by keylime_5; 02-05-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

a guy on the ozone who's every post is about the SEC just started a new blog. He's an OSU fan, but it's all about how bad the SEC is with oversiging:

http://www.oversigning.com/

the chart near the top is interesting. shows the sole reason why the SEC is the most deep, talented conference every year now - has nothing to do with more speed in the south than the north or west. Could you imagine how good Ohio State or USC or Texas would be if they signed 28 kids a year like Auburn does?
                              It's not the sole reason, but it's one very big reason. Many of those schools let in lots of kids that barely qualify. Whereas I was making fun of UM for taking Dorsey, there are teams that have tons of guys that are just like him.

The other big difference between the SEC and most of the rest of CFB is that there are lots of good DTs that are on those teams.

Also, I think it's a pretty great site idea. I'm glad that guy is doing it. Too much oversigning is going on out there. Something needs to be done about it. Raising awareness about just how dirty some of these programs are with cutting kids is a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                It would not surprise me if Gardner started over Tator Tot. I'd RS him, but RR might not.
                                It would shock me if Gardner started over Tate. Now that Tate's healthy, he's going to go back to leading us to come-from-behind victories!!!!!!!!! Seriously, though, Tate's torn labrum + Molk's torn ACL + Minor and Brown always being hurt + no established WR = not good for Michigan. Hopefully, Molk, Tate, and Vincent Smith are all healthy for the fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information