The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djp View Post
    That's not what I think they need, it's what I think Maturi will want.
    Ah, well there lies the problem. In that regard, I agree with you. I have little faith Maturi, with the choice between flash and substance, would pick substance.

Comment

• I could care less about this game, but that's a ******* HORRIBLE call.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• if Al Golden wants the job, I'd give it to him in a heartbeat.

I have a feeling he will have a stint like Lou Holtz did, but if he get them on the right path, the next guy can continue the work he's started and make them a consistent player in the Big Ten

Comment

• Ohio State 31 Wisconsin 17

Comment

• We have no chance :(

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Are you kidding me? We have trouble all the time in your house. It's already been said by 2038358 people but it's true. I'm scurrrred.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• I remember Pryor having to get a last minute touchdown last time we were at Wisconsin. Should be a great game, I'm expecting both teams to really show up and play.

Hopefully Pryor can show something against a quality defense.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Well, this didn't take long. Just for you, ironman...

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/michigan...ating-michigan

I don'tmind when we lose to a better team, because the better team usually DOES win. That wasn't the case today though. Mental errors, **** they'll kill you and they sure did today. This team will be hungry when they walk into Pennsylvania in a couple weeks.
                  I'm just wondering at what point do all these turnovers, penalties, and other mental mistakes, especially against actual defenses, become considered the norm and not the exception. Unfortunately with Mgoblog, the answer is probably never. Michigan can average 5 turnovers a game, and they would still say that's why they lost one specific game.
                  Last edited by iowatreat54; 10-16-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                    We have no chance :(
                    I was SO wrong!

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      Well, this didn't take long. Just for you, ironman...

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/michigan...ating-michigan

I'm just wondering at what point do all these turnovers, penalties, and other mental mistakes, especially against actual defenses, become considered the norm and not the exception. Unfortunately with Mgoblog, the answer is probably never. Michigan can average 5 turnovers a game, and they would still say that's why they lost one specific game.
                      Well, after the **** defensive performance against MSU, someone posted a thread about how terrible the defense was and that Rich Rod is a glorified offensive coordinator who doesn't care about the defense and it shows. Someone posted a reply saying

"Calm down, it's only one game."

As if the defense just had one bad game but had been awesome for the last 3 years. But that's Mgo for you. Until Brian says the defense sucks, and until Brian says the mental errors have to start falling on Rod and the coaching staff, and until Brian says it's time for Rod to be fired, the lemmings will keep drinking the kool-aid and negging anyone with even a slightly negative opinion into oblivion.
                      Last edited by ironman4579; 10-16-2010, 07:12 PM.

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• 3-9
                        5-7
                        5-7

13-23, 2-7 vs. major rivals. Here's your pink slip, Mr. Rodriguez. I'm sorry I ever defended you.

Comment

• http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_16358321?source=rss

Brewster fired, will coach rest of season
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• If I had the ability to time travel, I would go back and punch Rich Rodriguez's mother in the uterus.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                              If I had the ability to time travel, I would go back and punch Rich Rodriguez's mother in the uterus.
                              I've wanted to rep you so much today. This one of those times. But I must spread around some reputation before doing so.

Comment

• Worth looking at. Correlation causation there would be a lot to regress here. Not sure what you can really draw from this as it can be spun 50 ways.

Margin rank/ Turnovers/ Turnover Rank

Michigan
                                2010: 53rd | 8 est. 14 atm | 29th
                                2009: 115th | 28 | 99th
                                2008: 104th | 30 | 104th

WVU
                                2007: 9th | 21 | 34th
                                2006: 25th | 17 | 11th
                                2005: 7th | 17 | 14th
                                2004: 46th | 22 | 56th
                                2003: 4th | 20 | 31st

WVU usually had pretty highly rated defenses by the numbers and 2 or 3 top 15 scoring defenses if I recall correctly.

If anything I think Rodriguez offense puts players in a better position to not turn the ball over in comparison to a normal system, thus helping younger players. And fumbling is just a random thing from player to player. You cant tell me Carr was better coaching ball carrying since he had Mike Hart, when he also had Kevin Grady.

Michigan obviously could of beat Iowa this afternoon if they had limited mistakes, but they couldn't and they played right into Iowa's game plan. Iowa in the first half was playing great bend but dont break defense, while michigan put it self in long conversions from penalties that lead to drives ending and interceptions. I think Kirk knew he could hang and that over the game Michigan would put itself in a position to lose, and they did. Taking advantage of inexperience. I give more credit to Kirk than I put on RRod. Ezeh and Mouton have been through 3 defensive coordinators and still cant figure some simple things out, that cant all be on Rodriguez.
                                Last edited by aLARGEtopHat; 10-17-2010, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information