No announcement yet.

Tennessee to Hire Derek Dooley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a Dooley is back in the SEC. Nice, nice.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

if a big name coach becomes available next off season, i hope to god tennessee doesnt can Dooley to get him

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Watching the presser now!

I like him! A lot!
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
          if a big name coach becomes available next off season, i hope to god tennessee doesnt can Dooley to get him
          That's what always worries me about these type of signings, in College and the NFL. You hire a guy who doesn't have a big name or a pretty resume, he does average in year 1 with the talent available, but coaches become available that weren't around the time he was hired so he catches a raw deal and is fired. I hope they don't do him that way.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            That's what always worries me about these type of signings, in College and the NFL. You hire a guy who doesn't have a big name or a pretty resume, he does average in year 1 with the talent available, but coaches become available that weren't around the time he was hired so he catches a raw deal and is fired. I hope they don't do him that way.
            I hope he stays in tennessee for awhile. He looks like a loyal guy to me and i cant see him pull a Kiffin

he has a great voice too.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

He flat out nailed the presser, and without pissing off Florida and the rest of the SEC either! :D
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Yeah. His press conference was impressive. Looked way more comfortable and genuine than Kiffin did last year. He said all the right things, now we'll see if he can walk the walk as well. We'll find out pretty quickly his recruiting skills.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think this is an awesome choice by Tennessee. Dooley is a great coach and got everything he could have out of LA Tech, and LA Tech has been very competitive in the WAC and has always been in their games.

I think Dooley is gonna rise to the challenge and be considered one of the best in the SEC in a couple years.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I hope he can recruit, you would think so because of his youth and enthusiasm.
                    But MiKe Shula looked impressive in pressers too.

Bottom line is, can he outcoach teams in the SEC??

SEC is a better conference when Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and LSU are all top 15 programs.

Comment

After the departure of Kiffin and the hiring of Dooley, here is what the Vols coaching staff is looking like:

Head Coach: Derek Dooley
                      Offensive Co.: Jim Chaney
                      Defensive Co.: ?
                      Recruiting Co: ?
                      ST Coach: Eric Russell
                      QB Coach: ?
                      WR Coach: Charlie Baggett
                      RB Coach: Darin Hinshaw
                      OL Coach: Harry Hiestand
                      TE Coach: ?
                      DL Coach: ?
                      LB Coach: Lance Thompson
                      DB Coach: Terry Joseph
                      SC Coach: Bennie Wylie

Terry Joseph, RC/DBC, is also on staff. Dooley brough him from LATech. Dunno where he fits in, if they'll release Garza, or if he gets RC instead of Thompson or another hire.

Chaney can coach QB's, OL's, or TE's. Thompson could become DC and/or RC.

Also reportedly interviewing TCU's DC Dick Bumpus. Georgia DL/RC Rodney Garner, who coached at Tennessee before, is also rumored to be interested in a position.
                      Last edited by TitanHope; 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        After the departure of Kiffin and the hiring of Dooley, here is what the Vols coaching staff is looking like:

Head Coach: Derek Dooley
                        Offensive Co.: Jim Chaney
                        Defensive Co.: ?
                        Recruiting Co: ?
                        ST Coach: Eric Russell
                        QB Coach: ?
                        WR Coach: Charlie Baggett
                        RB Coach: ?
                        OL Coach: ?
                        TE Coach: ?
                        DL Coach: ?
                        LB Coach: Lance Thompson
                        DB Coach: Willie Mack Garza

Terry Joseph, RC/DBC, is also on staff. Dooley brough him from LATech. Dunno where he fits in, if they'll release Garza, or if he gets RC instead of Thompson or another hire.

Chaney can coach QB's, OL's, or TE's. Thompson could become DC and/or RC.

Also reportedly interviewing TCU's DC Dick Bumpus. Georgia DL/RC Rodney Garner, who coached at Tennessee before, is also rumored to be interested in a position.
                        That staff is looking really good. I have a feeling that Tennessee is back on their way to prominence in the SEC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          That staff is looking really good. I have a feeling that Tennessee is back on their way to prominence in the SEC
                          What would you think about Kevin Steele returning to the SEC as UT's DC?
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Dooley isn't a "sexy" hire but he's very very "solid". Great HC guys.

Comment

It's official - Kevin Steele will be coming to Tennessee to become the Vols DC.

Kevin Steele is on his way back for a third stint with the University of Tennessee.
                              The longtime coaching veteran, who returns to Knoxville after previously serving two separate stints under Johnny Majors, is accepting the defensive coordinator's post on Derek Dooley's first staff.
                              Per Rivals/Brent Hubbs.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                What would you think about Kevin Steele returning to the SEC as UT's DC?
                                I think it's a fantastic hire. Clemson has had some really good defenses while he's been there and Tennessee is going to have more talent for him to work with.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information