Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010021...ge-with-Dorsey

I think P-L is letting his Maize and Blue homer side show.
    Right, because we all know the Detroit Free Press is the most accurate place to go to for UM news. No spin at the FreeP at all. This is the same newspaper that twisted MSU's student beatdown as "an altercation", that admitted that they led a freshman on with their questions without letting him know the purpose of their piece, and that still continues to employ Drew Sharp. Excuse me if I don't take the Free Piece of **** seriously. Next time, you might as well quote the Ohio State student newspaper or the Lansing State Journal.
    Last edited by Sniper; 02-13-2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
      eh......I'm not really concerned with being fair to a kid who thinks it's a good idea to rob people. I don't know what the truth is, and I don't really have an opinion on it.....but who really cares about being fair to a kid who has proven more than once to be a punk.
      But you're cool with taking a running back who was convicted of a felony because damn it, 4.3 speed doesn't come around too often. Got it, thanks. Good to know Jamaal Berry and the Ohio State Buckeyes are just that much better people than everyone else. But hey, it's cool. Everyone murders people, so really, drug dealing is pretty weak sauce compared to murder.

The Detroit Free Press didn't have a problem with Glenn Winston returning to Michigan State's team after Winston had an average summer. You know, spending the entire summer in jail is pretty commonplace amongst Division I football players. Shockingly, Michael Rosenberg, he of the esteemed and balanced Free Press, felt compelled to write an article defending Winston's return to the field, because damn it, Mark Dantonio can't be expected to start the season with two true freshman running backs, so really, we can overlook that little jail stint.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Originally posted by FP Headline
      Legal strategy at issue in Michigan State altercation
      http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1024510

Dell Sr. said his son did not participate in violence at Rather Hall. He, however, did say his son initially lied to coach Mark Dantonio about his presence there.

"I said, 'Man, why didn't you just tell the truth and say you were there and didn't participate in any of the physical stuff?' " Dell Sr. said. "He said: 'I don't know. I should have just told the truth.' "

According to Dell Sr., all the suspended players initially lied to Dantonio.

Hmm. So the players did nothing wrong, but they decided to lie about it? Even if that's true, doesn't it raise the possibility that they're lying to their parents, too?

The Free Press does not raise the possibility. Nor does it appear to have spoken to either the alleged victims or their lawyer. Contrast this with the reporting about Michigan, which relied upon anonymous quotes whose meaning depended upon context provided by the reporter.
      Right, the parents of the players are certainly a terrific source of accuracy and non-bias.

The players did nothing wrong, but...

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index....unningham.html

B.J. Cunningham and Mark Dell, Michigan State's top two returning wide receivers, were the latest to appear in court on charges stemming from a Nov. 22 fight between football players and members of the Iota Phi Theta fraternity.

Cunningham and Dell each pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor assault and battery in East Lansing district court Wednesday.
      Right, did nothing wrong. Okay.

I'm sure Spartan will have something to say about this. LOLZ SCUM FELONIEZ SCUM SCUM I'M AT LEAST 25 YEARS OLD AND STILL THINK SCUM IS FUNNY LOLZZZZZZZZZ Luckily, the ignore feature is doing its job.

Comment

Can we just let this die? To help, here's some pictures of cats and stuff:

Last edited by ironman4579; 02-13-2010, 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

lol free press. here's a direct quote from an email free press writer Drew Sharp sent to a wolverine fan on another message board:

"HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!
          I keep hearing from all of you journalistic critics about how were slime and irresponsible. But no one has had the balls to back up their juvenile idoicy with what inaccuracies we reported.
          Hmmmmmm, I wonder why?
          Is it because everything we reported is true? Like I said before - you UM fans are basically morons. You have your excuses because you're basically pathetic little wretches who only want to hear news? that makes you better about your hopeless lives.
          I'll stick with reporting the truth.
          You guys make me laugh!"
          Unbiased reporting at its finest.
          I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            But you're cool with taking a running back who was convicted of a felony because damn it, 4.3 speed doesn't come around too often. Got it, thanks. Good to know Jamaal Berry and the Ohio State Buckeyes are just that much better people than everyone else. But hey, it's cool. Everyone murders people, so really, drug dealing is pretty weak sauce compared to murder.
            woah there spaz.....why don't you settle down a bit?

first of all, nobody is really talking about Jamaal Berry. if you want to bring him up to deflect from the negativity towards Michigan....go for it, but that's stupid.

if you would like to talk about Jamaal Berry, then fine. he got busted for buying weed. stupid decision. not nearly as stupid as repeatedly robbing people, but a stupid decision. guess what.....I'm not really concerned with being fair to him either. that's because I'm not a hypocrite. you can go back and read what I wrote about your precious criminal DB. all I said was, I'm not really concerned with what's fair for him. he broke into peoples houses with weapons and stole things from them. he loses the right to have people defend him and say stuff like "That's just not fair to him." You know what's not fair? having your things stolen out of your house by a group of thug kids with weapons.

Comment

Demar Dorsey's Michigan career ended before it began, as his father tells Angelique Chengelis of the Detroit News that Dorsey has been given his release and is now looking at other schools. Chengelis also tweets: "Am told by someone who would know that Rich Rodriguez is furious about the Demar Dorsey situation."
              Gene Hankerson of Scout.com says that Arkansas, West Virginia, Tennessee, Southern California, Louisville, LSU and Miami are expected to have interest in Dorsey.
              the situation just got a little stranger

Comment

Originally posted by XLIV View Post
                the situation just got a little stranger
                Basically, the rumor is that Rod was promised by someone in admissions or the AD that as long as Dorsey reached NCAA minimum levels, he'd be accepted. Dorsey then signed his LOI etc. Then admissions put the stop sign up because while he had reached the NCAA level he didn't meet "Michigan" standards. This would explain why Rod would be so furious. On the other hand, if Dorsey doesn't end up at another D-1 program, he obviously wasn't qualified at all.

I will say though, if Dorsey does end up at another D-1 school, ie. FSU, I'll be mighty pissed off, as it will be a clear example of Michigan hamstringing itself and missing on a potential star because of some perceived higher standard at Michigan. There's already an example of it with '09 recruit Adrian Witty, as he was denied by Michigan admissions but ended up at Cincinnati. It's the reason why Notre Dame, and unfortunately for myself and other Michigan fans, Michigan, are becoming less and less relevant in college football every year and have to rely on their "tradition.

Comment

FSU said they're not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    FSU said they're not interested.
                    Ok. but the point remains that if he ends up at another D-1 school it's still kind of a case of admissions being assholes.

Comment

dorsey was a soft verbal from the get go, we had a ton of db talent ready to sign on NSD, so we backed off a little bit. uf wanted dorsey all the way, but meyer wasn't about to waste his time with one kid when he has another ten lined up for his spot and that time can be better used elsewhere.

Comment

WVU needs to move in fast on Dorsey. Probably dont have much of a shot. We've been getting our ass kicked in recruiting lately. Lot of heavy WVU leans signing elsewhere...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                        12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                          WVU needs to move in fast on Dorsey. Probably dont have much of a shot. We've been getting our ass kicked in recruiting lately. Lot of heavy WVU leans signing elsewhere...
                          You want a guy FSU wouldn't take?!?!?!
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            You want a guy FSU wouldn't take?!?!?!
                            Worked out well with Noel Devine.

Comment

http://uoflcardgame.com/louisville-f...hallenge/16478

Demar Dorsey to Louisville.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information